• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comic Book Gimmicks

Ballin247

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was thinking if WWE or TNA could give someone a gimmick based on a popular comic book character. Im not talking Spider-man or Wolverine but something that can acually be done. One idea I had was a gimmick based off of Rorschach from Watchmen. He would wear a mask similar but have the ink blots be red instead of black. Idk, tell me what you think of this gimmick.

The person playing this gimmick would debut as a babyface without a mask. He would look like anyother generic babyface that debuts such as DJ Gabriel or something. He would be completely upbeat and excited upon his debut. He would get a decent push off the back but nothing huge. He could be one of those people who love what they do and is always in a good mood. He would slowly transition into a sociopath when he starts seeing all the bad things going on in WWE. One idea is him striking up a friendship with a fellow star and maybe forming a tag team. His partner would them betray him and hang him out to dry. Another idea would be he starts something romantic with one of the divas but she cheats on him with Randy Orton or someone. After this eye opener on what the world is really like he would slowly begin to change. He would see all the things guys like Edge, Orton, Jericho, Matt Hardy do and start to get fed up with it. A heel GM would help this out a lot. He would then develop a hatred for how things are done and lash out and brutally attack people he feels are scum. He would then get caught in a brutal beatdown by a group like Legacy and then disapear for a while. After about a month or a little longer away he would interupt a heel who is giving a promo in the ring by appearing on the titantron. It would be dark and his face would be hidden by shadows. He would then begin to lash out at the heel in the ring as well as everyone else he feels is making the WWE into a hell hole. He could give the Rorschach type speech in saying that the WWE is afraid of him because he sees its true colors. After saying what he needs to say he would then lift his head to reveal a mask similar to Rorschach but with Red spots that look like blood. He would then say that the person he was before is dead and there is only Blood Bath. (That would be his name or something similar to that). He would stalk heel wrestlers and shit like that by appearing on the stage during their match or by appearing ringside, waiting to attack them brutally. This gimmick would be sort of a cross between Sabu and when Sting first turned into the crow-type gimmick.

IDK, how does this gimmick sound? Just throwin something out there. COuld it work?

Not a bad idea, but it would work with this guy as a heel as well, maybe even better. Stalking faces for deeds that he "perceives" as evil. Kind of like Mordecai except you know, good. It could work either way personally I would love to see something like that.

As a bit of a comic book nerd, I thought this would be cool. A couple ideas I thought would work...

A tag team with a big huge ugly guy, and a handsome smooth playboy. They'd be based on The Thing and The Human Torch. They are best friends, but are always busting on each other and pranking each other. They'd be a blast on promos, and it'd help the tag division out by adding a legitimate and entertaining tag team.

A guy like the Punisher. He'd be a face who uses ruthless heel tactics to take out the biggest heels in the WWE. I'm not sure he'd ever be able to go after a world championship, because that's not what he wants, he just wants to take care of the bad guys and get one with life. I don't know what his motivation could be though, unless they want to see Kane murdered his wife and child or something.

A guy loosely based on Deadpool. He could be masked or unmasked, but he definitely has to be comedic, unstable, and ruthless. The way I would play this character out his introduce him and have him beat guys like Santino, Kung Funaki, and whatever other jobbers they throw out him into the ground. Someone mysterious would take notice of his talent and hire him to do his dirty work. He would never know the identity of who he's working for, but he'd go out and kick whoever's ass for the guy until he finally get's to the Champion. He beats the champ to a bloody pulp in a non-title bout, only to find out the secret guy was the number one contender, maybe somebody like Orton, HHH, or Batista, who'd then go and beat the champ at the next pay per view because of the injuries caused by the Deadpool character. The Deadpool character would then demand more money from the new champ because he feels that the champ owes him for the easy win. The champ would refuse, and Deadpool would start a feud with him.

As a comic book and movie fan I must say NO.

Sting turned into the Crow after people didnt listen to him. I DO like his newer look but the hanging around the rafters thing got a little bit old after awhile. I liked it since I was young but seriously... it went on forever.

TNA has a video game character called "Suicide" and he cant even pull off his own finisher. To be fair, its something that I cant do but then again,. I cant do 90% of what these guys do.

So no, I dont think using comic book ideas would be good. Comic book characters are supposed to do all the high flying and crime bustin goodness. They arent supposed to accidently botch and tear a quad.

How about a guy like The Dark Knight's Joker. He isn't like the heals who only care about the title like the Joker isn't like the mobster who only cared about money. He could be a way to make Orton an even better 'tweener or even a face. Think about it, the mobsters in Dark Knight looked like they were doing Gotham a favor compared to the Joker. They could hype his debut after Orton takes complete control of the WWE, then Orton gives another of his "I control everything" promos, then on the titantron, images of the Joker-like character talking about how Orton's changed things like the first Dark Knight trailer that was on imdb.com. When he debut's we find out that the McMahon's have hired him to deal with Orton like how the mob did on Dark Knight, but it backfires, he turns on the McMahons and lashes out at everyone, even "attack" fans. Next thing you know we've got Legacy teaming up with Cena, HHH, Batista, and Edge to take him and the younger talent that follow him on because what they did was one thing but this Joker-like character is on a whole different level and that the WWE guys are actually friends like how HHH "outed" himself as a McMahon so that they could redo kayfabe.

He could say things to Orton and Edge like, "All you care about is titles, these fans deserve a better class of heel and I'm gonna give it to 'em." As he turns Orton face he could do the unthinkable and turn Cena heel like how the Joker turned Harvey Dent into a villain.

But then again the Joker, isn't that what Brian "The Loose Cannon" Pillman was? Look at The Loose Cannon Pillman and the Joker, even their hair is similar.

The idea in the first post was very simialr to Mankind IMO. I liek the idea of taking inspiration, but ripping somethin of isn't that good IMO, it worked for Sting but shouldn't be done again. Taking aspects of the Joker's amnical chaos kinda thing and giving them to someone like Edge, for example, could work though.

I do like the idea of the joker-type heel. His motivation would not be to win titles but to simply cause chaos. They could have someone say "Some men wreak havoc for revenge, others for personal gain. But some men just want to watch the world burn". That shit would be sick. Someone that tortures heels and faces alike.

Also my idea for Blood Bath is NOT a direct rip-off of Rorschach but inspired by his character. A sociopath who feels the some scumbags are not worth saving or something like that.

Also the idea of the freak and the popular guy like The Thing and Human Torch is a good idea. They could pair Festus up with someone like DJ Gabriel.

There already is a character based on Rorschach...his name is Suicide...

Seriously, did anyone else think that when he debuted?

Superheros in wrestling don't draw except with kids...Hurricane, Super Eric, ARACHNAMAN...

I think we need to have a wrestling zatoichi warrior...how awesome would a blind wrestler be?

Superheros in wrestling don't draw except with kids...Hurricane, Super Eric, ARACHNAMAN...

I think we need to have a wrestling zatoichi warrior...how awesome would a blind wrestler be?

Superheroes could draw if you made them more realistic, i.e The Dark Knight's Joker. He was chemically deformed like Jack Nicholson, he did all to himself and then applied makeup to accentuate(I hope I'm spelling it right). I think if they don't have like an up-and-comer do it, I'd choose Jeff Hardy. When I heard about his troubles, his "enigmatic" behavior and saw his facepaint that was the first thing I thought. Or they could bring over Age of The Fall and hope that WWE doesn't ruin them.

Blind wrestler, how would he see? Not the character, I understand what a zatoichi is, but how would the wreslter see?

How the hell is Suicide based on Rorschach? Suicide rarely talks and has a ******ed ass mask. Im not sure what they based him on except a shitty video game character. Anyways a comic book type gimmick could work but it would have to be something realistic. A character from Sin City might work such as Mickey Rourke's character.

I think this gimmick could work well if WWE would book him well. But he would have 2 do anything he could 2 injure who he feels is "scum". He would have 2 do many highflying and extreme stunts.

I can see where you are going with this, but I want to take it a little bit in another direction. I'm more interested in the depth of the characters in comic books. They have so much character, and history. It helps make them distinguishable. That is what I love about comic book characters. Taker, and Edge are close to these types of characters. They have a ton of depth to themselves.

I love the idea of the Joker type character who doesn't distinguish between friend and foe because in his reality anarchy is all that goes on. He could be manipulative in his acquasition of power and disregard for the mechanisms of power, remember the Joker scene where he burns the money? Imagine if someone did the equivelant such as winning the WWE title and then burning it or getting an Austin style crane and crushing it after throwing it in a trash can.

WWE already have a Superman, his name is John Cena, Vince better invent a Kryptonite for his sorry ass.

Another interesting idea would be a character based on Juggernaught, but only metaphorically. See Juggernaught has unstoppable momentum in the comics... imagine if that could be a metaphor for somebody who is on a good run. He could start off against the jobbers, then the mid card, and then the champions of all 3 brands. It could be a cross brand angle where all 3 champions come together to "stop his momentum"...

Another idea is one based on Rogue. Remember when Charlie Haas had the impersonation gimmick? Well in the animated series X-Men Evolution Rogue went crazy and the personalities and powers of all those who she touched began to take over. Imagine if Haas had the move sets, appearances and even alignment/face heel of whoever who impersonated. He'd be volatile and unpredictable, you'd never know what he was going to do next. Its a pity WWE use him as a jobber since this storyline would be awesome.

I love the idea of the Joker type character who doesn't distinguish between friend and foe because in his reality anarchy is all that goes on. He could be manipulative in his acquasition of power and disregard for the mechanisms of power, remember the Joker scene where he burns the money? Imagine if someone did the equivelant such as winning the WWE title and then burning it or getting an Austin style crane and crushing it after throwing it in a trash can.

You completely read my mind.

Another interesting idea would be a character based on Juggernaught, but only metaphorically. See Juggernaught has unstoppable momentum in the comics... imagine if that could be a metaphor for somebody who is on a good run. He could start off against the jobbers, then the mid card, and then the champions of all 3 brands. It could be a cross brand angle where all 3 champions come together to "stop his momentum"...

I got a better Juggernaught for ya', go on youtube and look up "I'm The Juggernaught Bitch," "J2: The Juggernaught," or "J3: Shadow of the Colossi." Imagine a character like that in the WWE, they'd have to get rid of the PG rating, but it'd be hilarious. BTW, you don't need the quotes.

The Juggernaught you're talking about was a crazy white pervert with a black man's voice... it was freaky. I saw that video a few years back on a forum I used to run, it had a YouTube thread where people could post links to funny videos and then give a brief description.

The Juggernaught you're talking about was a crazy white pervert with a black man's voice... it was freaky. I saw that video a few years back on a forum I used to run, it had a YouTube thread where people could post links to funny videos and then give a brief description.

But wouldn't that be a site to see on WWE? He could say thing like, "I can't see you, but you can't run, Cena!" or "Silly Orton, you punt cannot harm me. Are you a fuckin' ass?" or "Don't you know who I am? I ________(whatever his name would be), bitch!" things The Juggernaut said on the video.

That would be hillarious, but unfortunately it wouldn't fit with the current PG TV route on WWE. This is exactly why I think WWE should make use of having 3 brands by having different programming to cater to different audiences. ECW or RAW could get their edge back... also how can Orton punting people, RKO'ing people, and forcibly kissing Stephany be perceived as PG TV? In the same way how could what Jericho did to Flair be perceived as PG TV?

I really hope that The Hurricane comes back on ECW given that he is being a mild mannered reporter. What's up with dat?

That would be hillarious, but unfortunately it wouldn't fit with the current PG TV route on WWE. This is exactly why I think WWE should make use of having 3 brands by having different programming to cater to different audiences. ECW or RAW could get their edge back... also how can Orton punting people, RKO'ing people, and forcibly kissing Stephany be perceived as PG TV? In the same way how could what Jericho did to Flair be perceived as PG TV?

I really hope that The Hurricane comes back on ECW given that he is being a mild mannered reporter. What's up with dat?

No, what's up with PG on all shows? IMO, Smackdown should be the PG show if any because anyone could get My Network. You need cable to get USA and Sci-Fi(why the hell is wrestling on Sci-Fi anyway?) Back to the topic, I really think that "The Joker" and, if possible "The Juggernaut" should be a couple of unknowns and just appear for no stated reason, but as a sort of escalation. Escalation for Orton punting people in the head, Jehrico's hypocricy, Cena's boyscoutness, HHH's being a McMahon. or Edge's tactics, you've people this sick running around, the only way to top them is to find someone even more sick and twisted. I just hope they make Bill Alfonso their manager, if you couldn't tell by my username, I'm a huge mark for him and his antics. He'd really be great with "The Juggernaut."

The Juggernaut: "You can't run!"

Bill Alfonso: (blowing whistle) "You can't run, baby! You know why? Cuz he's The Juggernaut, daddy!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back