• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cole and Bryan = Vince and The Rock of the PG era

I_got_bant_for_idiocy

Pre-Show Stalwart
am i the only one who see this happening.. cole is the new gm
why does cole love the miz so much and hate bryan daniel so much??
to fool everyone in the wwe universe.. cole and bryan daniel are gonna screw over the miz when he cashes in his MITB title shot, wwe is already grooming the miz to be the next star of the company and why not make him a face, DB is gonna turn heel and we are gonna c the biggest feud from cole and the miz since austin and vince

what do u guys think of that, can you that that happening its simple wrestling 101

Not likely. Why would a face screw over a heel? That would only make people like bryan more and it would do nothing for The Miz. The Miz lost the title to get off of mid card status, Bryan needed mid card status. After HIAC, its over. And without Cole being the heel commentator, who would it be?

im pretty sure its happened before a face screwing over a heel, survivor series 98 the rock going in as a face against mankind vinces who was a heel, and rock ended up been a heel and mankind ended up been a face

But that's the rock, this is Daniel Bryan. You gotta think about it.. The only way that this would work is if people hated Cole more than The Miz, which they dont. And if Cole were to attack The Miz, that would only make the fans cheer.

It's not going to happen for one reason. Cole isn't the gm. How can he be the gm when he is reading off the e-mails? What...does he send them to himself?

Cole TALKS, Miz DOES. Yea Cole walked out on NXT, The Miz walked out on the WWE Pro's team vs. Nexus on NXT. Cole gets annoyed and thrashes R-Truth. The Miz attacked and INJURED the fan favorite R-Truth. Again, Cole Thrashes on Bryan, The Miz just DESTROYED Daniel Bryan on Monday. YOUR POINT IS?!

The majority hate The Miz more than Cole because pretty much the only time Cole shows heel is when Bryan comes out. The Miz is always heel.

Cole TALKS, Miz DOES. Yea Cole walked out on NXT, The Miz walked out on the WWE Pro's team vs. Nexus on NXT. Cole gets annoyed and thrashes R-Truth. The Miz attacked and INJURED the fan favorite R-Truth. Again, Cole Thrashes on Bryan, The Miz just DESTROYED Daniel Bryan on Monday. YOUR POINT IS?!

Btw, Miz didn't walk out on team wwe during the 7 on 7 match at Summerslam. He was going to join and was kicked for Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan). Then you hear Cole's banter about Bryan being the 7th member. Then later in the match Miz costs Danielson his spot in the match interfering.

majority hate miz than cole are u serious??.. cole walks out on nxt, when r-truth comes out he seems like he has issues with him as well so its not just bryan he acts like a heel towards .. miz might be a heel but ppl are cheering for him, cena a face ppl boo him soo that part doesnt matter, the switch a roo could be done sooo eazy

It's not going to happen for one reason. Cole isn't the gm. How can he be the gm when he is reading off the e-mails? What...does he send them to himself?

Its the year 2010 he can send a e mail from his phone to his computer. I dont see the whole cole bryan and miz thing happening because to be honest WWE isnt that creative.

Its the year 2010 he can send a e mail from his phone to his computer. I dont see the whole cole bryan and miz thing happening because to be honest WWE isnt that creative.

Didn't think of it that way, but still. They were creative at one time and the wrestling world is good at recycling storylines. Mabye he might...mabye he won't. The GM will probably be some hof needing money. It's a shame Hogan is in tna since he needed money. He could've fit the position here.

A few things -

1) I can't think of an instance when a face turned on a heel and was booed for it - but I can think of at least one instance where the heel/face roles were switched in the middle of the feud - Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin. Hart was clearly the face heading into the feud while Austin was the heel ... Coming out of the feud, Hart was the biggest heel in the company while Austin was the biggest face.

Can that magic be re-created with The Miz and Daniel Bryan ... probably not. But the WWE has surprised me before, and I'm sure they can do it again.

As for the debate between Michael Cole and The Miz - there is NO question that Michael Cole is more disliked than The Miz.

The Miz is booed because he plays a heel character. His words and actions invoke a heel response from the crowd --- but just as was the case with Randy Orton leading into his face turn ... just as it was with The Rock and Austin before their face turns ... I think the crowd WANTS to cheer this guy.

Michael Cole on the other hand ... well, if the building caught on fire, and Michael Cole single-handedly carried every person in the building out of harms way, saving all their lives --- he'd still probably struggle to get a face reaction.

The difference between Miz and Cole --- fans boo Miz, the character ... fans boo Michael Cole, the person.

Btw, Miz didn't walk out on team wwe during the 7 on 7 match at Summerslam. He was going to join and was kicked for Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan). Then you hear Cole's banter about Bryan being the 7th member. Then later in the match Miz costs Danielson his spot in the match interfering.

No when The Miz was on NXT season 2, the Nexus made an appearance and ended up in a battle royal in which The Miz ran out on his team.

to fool everyone in the wwe universe.. cole and bryan daniel are gonna screw over the miz when he cashes in his MITB title shot, wwe is already grooming the miz to be the next star of the company and why not make him a face, DB is gonna turn heel and we are gonna c the biggest feud from cole and the miz since austin and vince

what do u guys think of that, can you that that happening its simple wrestling 101

Simple wrestling 101? To have a heel announcer help out a 190 lbs face mid carder drive forward a feud to be compared to the greatest feud in the history of wrestling? This sounds more like dumbass forum posting 101.

1. The Miz is not going to turn face as a result of the Daniel Bryan feud. Why turn your best heel face when there is a complete shortage of heels on Raw at the moment, especially when he is only growing in heat every week?

2. Michael Cole is NOT the GM. Regardless of it being the 21st century, and being able to send e-mails from a phone....hes sitting next to Jerry Lawler who would surely notice that Cole was busy e-mailing away just before the GM e-mailed. It makes no sense whatsoever. So please, will somebody slap these "Cole is the GM" advocates upside the head with a hedgehog. :banghead:

3. Why turn Daniel Bryan heel now? He's 2 weeks into his first title run (as a face!) he's buliding good momentum with his Miz/Riley feud and being put over in a good way by Cole's commentating.

4. Michael Cole is no Vince McMahon. Miz is no Stone Cold. Even if this unfathomable and ridiculous scenario came to fruition, it would most certainly NOT be the biggest thing since Austin/McMahon.

Don't you think it's possible that Cole goes up to the laptop and makes it up as he goes? I don't think Cole is the GM but anything is plausable with the script writers atm.

This topic isn't "wrestling 101," it's a mere opinion and guesstimation as to what's going to happen.

In recent years, the WWE has had the rule that announcers are there to compliment and add to the action, not be involved in it. Could that be changed? Possibly. But I don't see that happening... unless they plan on moving Cole into a managerial or on-screen personality role, and replacing him as an announcer.

Again, anything can change, but I don't really see Cole leaving his announcer's chair anytime soon.

PS - Anyone else irked at the obvious letter sitting right in front of the computer every time Michael Cole reads an "e-mail?"

Dude, you just created a whole scenario. Which won't turn out the way you'd think. That is very unlikely. Daniel Bryan is too good as a face right now, not great, but good. The Miz is a great heel, WWE wouldn't want there best promo artist heel to be given away. Just think about it, Chris Jericho is gone (Maybe Forever?), he used to make great promos. Edge still does, but not as good as The Miz. Also, I can see Michael Cole playing GM. But the GM is too much of a face right now (Despite his previous bashing on people like Bret Hart). Nobody likes Michael Cole, and it's not believable if he ever teamed up with Daniel Bryan. This whole stroyline doesn't make much sense, you need a reason right. I'm not trying to bash you, but it just doesn't make any sense. WWE can't give up there precious heel, and Daniel Bryan needs the midcard on there feet. Miz should be in the main event spot, Daniel Bryan (Like I just said) needs to bring competition to the midcarders. The Miz couldn't. I see WWE going in this direction, what I said wasn't exact, which makes it more believable.

This won't happen for a couple reasons. The most important being that Cole is NOT the new GM! That doesn't make any since and it would be a huge letdown. Currently Edge is the one having issues with the GM not Bryan or Miz so where does Cole fit in that situation? Secondly why have a commentator feud with the guy you're branding as the future of the WWE? You can't compare this to Austin/McMahon at all simply because Vince was the owner of the WWE, Cole just calls the matches. If Miz were to feud with Cole it would really set him back form his focus which should be the Main Event and Cole vs Miz DOES NOT say main event. Also why have Cole praising Miz every night just to turn on him? Again he's just a commentator if Bryan was the one praising The Miz and then turned, it would make since cause he's a wrestler and they would eventually have a match to settle the feud. All in all it may sound good but when you really think about it, it doesn't make since for a Cole/ Miz rivalry.

OKay so lemme get this straight. Michael Cole is playing the role of Vince McMahon? The Miz is Mick Foley with Bryan Danielson playing the role of The Rock? Are you serious? Really? I know you didn't say The Miz is Mick Foley but the logic behind what you're saying is insisting upon itself. This is a crazy idea, sorry, but it is and will never, ever work. First of all, Michael Cole, IMO is a complete and utter asshole. I hate his commentary, I hate how he says "vintage" 100xs a night and I hate how he's a tweener heel commentator. I always sit back and say to myself, "yeah, well let's see you rip into HHH when he comes back." Simply put, I despise Michael Cole the same way I loathe John Cena.

But while that has nothing to do with your post, it does suggest that there are probably 100s of people out there who feel the same, and thereby also suggests that if this were indeed the way the WWE was going to go, then the WWE are complete idiots. Why would they do such a thing. Michael Cole is Michael Cole and save him being the real RAW GM (BTW, I personally want to say, get on with it already. It's borning me to sleep with the mysterious Black Scorpion-esq RAW GM angle), Michael Cole is about as useful to the WWE as Baston Booger once was. Okay, so maybe he's more important than that, but why would the WWE waste their time and insult the intelligence of their viewers by repeating a fabulous angle from over 13 years ago for the sake of pushing Bryan Danielson AND Michael Cole? It just won't happen.

I have no idea where they're going with this angle and I feel it's a lame attempt to get someone over as a heel who has no business being a heel and who wouldn't be a believable heel. Michael Cole's hatred of Bryan is what it is. He likes the Miz for God knows what reason other than to be a jerk on TV and people are buying into it. That's where story(line) ends IMO. Again, unless he's proven to be the RAW GM (which I now doubt will happen) then Michael Cole's love/hate affair with The Miz and Bryan will fizzle by year's end.

Dude, you just created a whole scenario. Which won't turn out the way you'd think. That is very unlikely. Daniel Bryan is too good as a face right now, not great, but good. The Miz is a great heel, WWE wouldn't want there best promo artist heel to be given away. Just think about it, Chris Jericho is gone (Maybe Forever?), he used to make great promos. Edge still does, but not as good as The Miz. Also, I can see Michael Cole playing GM. But the GM is too much of a face right now (Despite his previous bashing on people like Bret Hart). Nobody likes Michael Cole, and it's not believable if he ever teamed up with Daniel Bryan. This whole stroyline doesn't make much sense, you need a reason right. I'm not trying to bash you, but it just doesn't make any sense. WWE can't give up there precious heel, and Daniel Bryan needs the midcard on there feet. Miz should be in the main event spot, Daniel Bryan (Like I just said) needs to bring competition to the midcarders. The Miz couldn't. I see WWE going in this direction, what I said wasn't exact, which makes it more believable.

good idea, wont work tho...nowund gunna cheer for michael cole. this wudnt turn miz face or daniel heel. itd be wun thing if michael cole hated the miz and praised daniel bryon and then decided to side with miz. but yeah, wont work, but id would be an unexpected twist

Simple wrestling 101? To have a heel announcer help out a 190 lbs face mid carder drive forward a feud to be compared to the greatest feud in the history of wrestling?
yeah, that is not simple wrestling 101, Cole is an announcer and i now doubt that he is the GM.

1. The Miz is not going to turn face as a result of the Daniel Bryan feud. Why turn your best heel face when there is a complete shortage of heels on Raw at the moment, especially when he is only growing in heat every week?
First off, Daniel bryan is loved by many fans so why turn him heel? Second, why have him lose his title shot?? Third, why turn a great heel in The Miz face?? i say leave him heel and LATER turn him face, but do NOT have it being because of Daniel Bryan.

2. Michael Cole is NOT the GM. Regardless of it being the 21st century, and being able to send e-mails from a phone....hes sitting next to Jerry Lawler who would surely notice that Cole was busy e-mailing away just before the GM e-mailed. It makes no sense whatsoever. So please, will somebody slap these "Cole is the GM" advocates upside the head with a hedgehog. :banghead:
that's what i have been reading and it makes sense. Wouldnt King notice that Cole is e-mailing from his phone??? wouldnt the fans behind Michael Cole notice that he's busy doing something with a phone or computer behind his announce desk?? Cole being the GM would NOT make sense because he would have to explain how King or the fans never seen him e-mailing to himself.

3. Why turn Daniel Bryan heel now? He's 2 weeks into his first title run (as a face!) he's buliding good momentum with his Miz/Riley feud and being put over in a good way by Cole's commentating.
agreed, why turn Bryan heel now???? I say wait to turn Bryan, he can have great feuds with that US title when his feud with Miz ends.

4. Michael Cole is no Vince McMahon. Miz is no Stone Cold. Even if this unfathomable and ridiculous scenario came to fruition, it would most certainly NOT be the biggest thing since Austin/McMahon.
it's not even close. Cole (if he is the GM which i doubt) would have to actually look like he can have a ton of power, McMahon had unlimited power and whenever he was in trouble, he had other wrestlers help him out. Plus turning Miz face and Bryan heel would confuse the fans.

How stupid can people be about "Cole can't possibly be emailing himself!". I've seen this in multiple threads now. Here's a brainstorm for ya, he stands on the podium and improves whatever he wants to say, acting like he's reading from the laptop. No email ever needs to be sent. He could be pressing a button to make the email alert sound in the arena, or have someone backstage doing it at the controls. Hell, half of the time the long emails he reads are way too long to have been composed, sent, and received all in the matter of a few seconds since the event that the "GM" is apparently responding to. You can even see the laptop screen on TV, you can't read what it says but you can see there is much more text than the couple of sentences that Cole reads, obviously because the entire night's "GM Emails" are already on the computer.

I'm not with or against the idea of Cole being the GM, frankly I doubt it, but that's not my point. I'm only talking about the attempted "logic" I see people using about "How could Cole email from his phone next to Lawler??!?!?!?". He doesn't need a freaking email to read if what he's saying is HIS IDEA, he stands there and pretends to read. Not that hard to figure out.

Definitely not:

• Michael Cole isn't the GM since it would require too much suspension of disbelief, logic and - oh - reality in how things were handled the past few months
  • The Miz is way too over as a heel right now
  • Daniel Bryan isn't anywhere near as over
  • Daniel Bryan has talent but ultimately the personality of a rock, not The Rock - he couldn't work as a heel right now because not enough people give enough of a crap about him right now

He doesn't need a freaking email to read if what he's saying is HIS IDEA, he stands there and pretends to read. Not that hard to figure out.
ok, IF Cole is the GM, WHY help out a man he bashes every chance he gets?? he wont, Cole is not the GM and why people want him as the GM is confusing, in my book it would be a letdown, add to that, WHO replaces Cole at the announce table??? there arent many announcers and i dont want CM Punk announcing on RAW or Smackdown because he's too good a wrestler to be a full time announcer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back