Cody Rhodes - Star to Dust.

Uncle

Occasional Pre-Show
Hey all,
I was thinking about the career of Cody Rhodes. I was trying to think if he severely damaged his long term career by going to the extreme with stardust? Now on one hand he has the pedigree/abilities to carry a little comedy jobber status. However most people will agree that this type of character drastically limits a persons ceiling. IE Nobody would ever buy Doink as WWE champion. I loved Cody as some of he past gimmicks and to be honest Stardust is freaking funny... There are tons of people that will say he was never get a proper push because of his size. I disagree, i think that if he kept going all out like he has HHH would give him a push later in his career. What do you guys think on the subject?

Cody Rhodes is awesome as Stardust, I genuinely believe that. I think he has done wonders with a gimmick that didn't really have a chance. He's evolved it and he's made it work. For me, there's no limit on how far I see him going. His gimmick is interesting without being too over the top, and his talent inside of the ring is unquestionable. If he handles himself correctly, there's no telling where he might go..

I still think the WWE have faith in him even though he has been lost on the shuffle in recent years. He's a solid guy that gives everything to his character and the Fed. So I wouldn't be surprised to see gym fulfill that potential sooner rather than later. Is Stardust the answer to his career trajectory? Maybe not. But he's been a lot more interesting as Stardust than ever before for my money.

A few years ago, I thought WWE had world title plans for Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler....and heaven knows, the company gave these two every conceivable opportunity to take their careers to the stars.

Neither one proved capable of super-stardom, although I sometimes wonder if they've entirely given up on Dolph. For Cody, though, I think his vanilla personality was what kept him from attaining the expected heights. I believe it's a good thing they came up with this gimmick.....and that Creative was able to fashion it based on the trail left behind by his brother, Dustin. Once Goldust retires, Stardust can live on, if that's what management sees for Cody.

The best thing (as far as Cody should be concerned) is that the Stardust gimmick allows him to cover up his greatest weakness: lack of fire. I've never heard his voice but I'm told he speaks in a droning monotone. As Stardust, that doesn't matter.....as Cody, it did.

On the other hand, while I think he can maintain this gimmick for quite a while....and he's doing a more effective job with it than I thought possible....stuff like this very rarely gets someone to main event level. Yes, Goldust was close to that, years ago, but he never won the world title. But for Cody, the good thing about following his brother could also be seen as a bad thing; it's been done already.

Let Cody continue as Stardust. He's doing a good job and the gimmick overcomes the blandness that's been at the core of Cody's entire career.

Cody is great either way but I prefer him outside I the goofy stardust gimmick. His promos have been excellent, when he did his "cutting the fat" promo last month I thought he had a chance to finally start progressing and I guess in a way he did but not in a way that was expected.

Cody is by far the best character actor on the roster. He gets over EVERYTHING, a simple mustache, the tortured "Undashing" gimmick, the silly dashing gimmick and Stardust has been well played good.

He been on the roster a long time, it's got to be time for him to get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back