Cody Rhodes Injured

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night on Main Event, during the WWE Tag Team Championship match between Team Hell No and Team Rhodes Scholars, Cody Rhodes took a very nasty bump after being backdropped by Kane. Rhodes landed awkwardly on his right shoulder and the right side of his head smacked the mat pretty hard. As a result, Rhodes was pretty much done for the rest of the match, though he stayed out there at ringside and did sell a punch from Kane late in the match.

According to a report I read a few minutes ago, Cody Rhodes suffered a concussion and a "strained shoulder". I figured Rhodes had a concussion because his eyes were extremely glassy & unfocused whenever they showed him standing in the corner. He seemed to be using his right arm alright so it might just be bruised and sore. More tests are expected to be run in order to find out how serious these injuries are.

This leaves Rhodes' participation as part of Team Ziggler at Survivor Series in question. If he does participate, I don't expect much out of him. I doubt he'd be taking very many, if any, bumps and might just do a series of quick tags in and out. I expect him to be eliminated by Daniel Bryan's No Lock as it's the least physically impactful move of anyone on Team Foley.

I just finished watching main-event, and that was really a bad fall. Well, that sucks because survivor series is in a few days. But I don't think that his injury will harm his teaming up with Damien Sandow, because if he will be out for a while then they can just come back and do another run for the tag titles.

I figured Rhodes had a concussion because his eyes were extremely glassy & unfocused whenever they showed him standing in the corner.

Yeah, it was scary to watch the fall and even scarier to see how much pain he was obviously in as he stood in the corner. He didn't re-enter the match, but I cringed when Kane knocked him off the ring apron toward the end of the contest. I presumed Kane could see Cody was in trouble, so I don't know why that was necessary.

When he went down, I thought he had separated his shoulder; the angle of impact seemed to indicate that as a possibility, but when he got up and started rotating his shoulder, I figured it might be a neck injury.

Either way, you could see the bad fall coming. Two inches in either direction and he might have landed directly on top of his head....and then only heaven knows where we'd be now.

Cody stuck it out until the match ended. He's a soldier.

As Rhodes is a favorite of mine, I was scared as fuck when I first saw this and had tio go back and watch it. I can agree and say, yes, D-Bry will probably take Rhodes out via the No Lock, and that's even if Cody makes it to SS, which I seriously hope he does- and he probably will, but I'm not expecting him to take many hard hits, if any, really. It's merely a setback; come later on, perhaps the turn of the year, Rhodes Scholars will be back in 100% business.

I'm not exactly a fan of Cody Rhodes, but as a human being i hope he's ok, and i wish he has a speedy recovery, just because i'm not a fan of his, that doesn't mean i wish bad things for him, if he's in not good enough shape, they should replace him in survivor series, so he can compose himself and be in better shape to continue his feud against Team Hell No, or if he's competing someone should take him out right away so he doesn't get a chance to get hurt even more.......

Just watched Main Event there and seen what happened to Cody. It looked pretty horrible and I cringed quite a bit at it, if all he got was a concussion from it I think he was lucky it really looked like he got have broken his shoulder the way he landed.

Fair play to Cody for sticking it out for the rest of the match, I know he stayed on the apron but at least he managed to stay out there a true professional.

Out of interest did anyone notice what caused the accident? I watched it back a few times and it doesn't look like Kane did anything wrong it seems that Cody just didn't get the rotation done fully for some reason.

Also Mustang Sally, I believe the reason that Kane hit Cody was to make sure he wouldn't break up the pinning attempt. I think what is meant to have happened was Cody come in and gets a chokeslam for his troubles, but that clearly wasn't a good option so Kane opted for a safer method of just hitting Cody so he could just jump off the apron and take no bump. Obviously I am just speculating but I would imagine it was something like that for Kane doing it.

as soon as I saw the bump and all the replays I kept cringing, it was just a bad fall. I don't know if it was on Cody's fault for not preparing correctly or Kane's for not tossing him correctly. But regardless of the fact, I'm glad he's not SERIOUSLY injured, like Edge was when Kane back dropped him a couple years back and cost him months and months of his career.

I feel like if he does make it to the SS match then the most plausible solution to get him out of the match quick is either a quick elimination like a submission like an earlier poster suggested, or even less risky.

Get him DQ'ed, like get "pissed" at Kane or DB and hit one of them with a chair and he's out.

I might be expecting too much of the WWE, but this could be a way to grant Cody a face turn.

Cody swears up and down that he'll be ready for Survivor Series, Ziggler ridicules him saying that he's too fragile. Cody challenges Ziggler to a match for the right to be on team Ziggler. Ziggler laughs, Cody slaps him, Ziggler spazs out and attacks him. They pull a random heel to be part of team Ziggler, a kayfabe report shows that Ziggler made Cody's injuries worse in the attack.

At Survivor Series Cody interferes to get Ziggler counted out or pinned, Cody starts an angle where coming back from an injury has showed him just how important life is.

Yeah, I'd just really like to see the dude not have to be jerk all the time.

RAW_1015_Photo_033_crop_exact.jpg

Cody Rhodes injured his shoulder and suffered a concussion this past week on WWE Main Event. While he may be out of action for the Survivor Series, this injury may have saved Team Rhodes Scholars.

After being cleanly defeated in their match against the tag team champions Team Hell No, this injury gives Rhodes and Damien Sandow the opportunity for revenge and another title shot.

MRI results...Torn trapezius grade 2. Torn deltoid grade 1. Separated shoulder. No surgery needed. Won't stop us. #boyhooddream...In debt to @TedDiBiase for packing my bag that night, and @TheDamienSandow for refusing to tag me in after I got hurt...protected my career.

This could be the best thing for Team Rhodes Scholars.

The recent tag team tournament for the No. 1 contenders' spot was successful in sparking interest in the tag team division again. Team Rhodes Scholars were the odds-on favorites to win, and they did. But at Hell in a Cell, they only won by disqualification.

Then this past week, they got another shot at the titles on WWE Main Event. They lost that bout—and their potential momentum.

With Rhodes hurt during the bout and his time on the injured list still uncertain, how does Team Rhodes Scholars stay in the title picture? After losing to the champs, how do they justifiably get another shot?

Rhodes returning from injury to exact revenge against Team Hell No would be perfect.

No matter how long he may be gone, when he does come back, this may be the perfect way to put the teams back together again without another long buildup.

Perhaps this time, they'll capture the gold.

Hopefully he's back soon. I don't know where Rhode Scholars go from here as it seems Sandow is just in a random one on one matches but Cody being injured could be the best thing to happen to PTP or any other tag team to step up and face Hell No. As it would seem on RAW they were building towards a three team feud with Hell No/PTP/Cara and Mysterio at TLC. Hopefully Rhodes makes it back before then and make it a four way. This does put Sandow in a weird spot but overall I don't think his injury has affected much. Hope he gets better.

It seemed Team Rhodes Scholars were headed for a tag team title reign, and it is a shame to see Cody go down with an injury right now. Sandow has been wrestling in random singles matches, and I would like to see the team continue a bit longer when Rhodes returns. The tag belts have kid of been stagnant on Team Hell No, and maybe with the return of Rhodes Scholars we can see the belts defended again regularly. I hate to see that division lose even a little bit of steam. I hope to see Rhodes back soon.

I think this isn't such a bad thing if they make an obvious choice by teaming David Otunga with Sandow. They really should be a tag team given that their gimmicks are based on being highly educated guys. Otunga is used to Tag-Team action now and this gives Sandow something to do while Barret, Kofi and Miz stay prominent in the midcard for now.

Cody can come back and hopefully latch onto one of his past gimmicks. I was always a fan of Dashing Cody Rhodes and his stupid hygiene-tip segments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back