• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cody Deaner, Time for a Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klown_Karnage

Slapstick Heavyweight Champion
Okay, I know I'm really going to step in it with this post, but I'm going to put this one out there anyways. I ask only that you read the whole post before forming your opinion about it.

I read this everywhere: Cody Deaner sucks, fire Cody Deaner, kill Cody Deaner, etc. and so on. Now to start off, I'll be fair. He's a jobber, his character is not known for having the best of brains, he's a blatant male clone of ODB, he doesn't have any signature maneuvers that I know of...and he's almost a slightly larger version of 'Little' Spike Dudly. So far, he's really been nothing but arm "candy" for ODB and a useful distraction, only useful in a match by accident as we see from the results of Hard Justice.

That being said, I think that he could be much more to TNA if they were to take him on a heel turn and really turn on the juice on what he's got: viciousness, nastiness, and a total disregard for rules and other fancy stuff like that. TNA doesn't seem to have a problem with pulling fast ones behind the backs of their easily distracted refs, so Deaner needs to take advantage of that. Here's how I'd do it.

ODB is current Knockouts Champ thanks to Cody. As a form of revenge against both of them, TBP ambush ODB and hurt her. We're talking hurting her badly in unforgivable ways that requires "hospitalization". Upon finding out, Cody snaps. He begins to stalk TBP, cornering them one at a time, maybe trying to give one of them a haircut with a weed-eater. Possibly catching one helpless in the ring without her friends and doing to her what Skinner used to do to his opponents after beating them. We saw how one of them reacted to a kiss from him. Just think of how they'll react to that. Really pour the gasoline on this fire and make him into true, disgusting, criminal, predatory scum.

Later on, he could maybe join with two others we saw who seemed to see eye to eye at Hard Justice when we saw Abyss come to Foley's aid. These two would be a truly frightening tag-team and with the new Deaner to fill a third spot...all I'm saying is this could be a truly scary stable, whatever they decided to call themselves.

Any thoughts, folks? Changes you'd make? Am I completely talking out of my hat here?

While you do make some valid points and all, I'd still say hell no. While he could end up being something decent, I don't think he's worth the time or effort to push. TNA could spend that time, investing in the X-Division or building someone who has a ton of potential(MCMG, Abyss, Burke ect) instead of trying to create something worth while with Deaner.

I just don't think theirs anything particularly special enough about Cody to push. Things could change, but I'm just not interested. He and his comedy shtick is making ODB even worse to watch, and even if he undergoes a huge character change, I just am not interested, and I'm sure tons agree. But who know's he could turn everything around and become "big", but I'm predicting a Santino like decline and hopefully nothing else.

No. TNA has a good deal of problems and one of them is that there are far too many people on the show already and not enough time to fill in all the stories. Deaner, like you said, is a comedy jobber. This would be like giving Santino or Chavo a major story. It just isn't needed and there's no room for it. Also, how many people are going to buy into it? IThat's the hardest part: getting people to buy it. I certainly wouldn't.

I think they aught to have TBP steal Cody away from ODB. Make it Like one of those bad movies back in the day and turn him into a super prep metro sexual as a joke.

You know why TNA is not competitive with the WWE, it is because they give a waste of air time to Cody Deaner. He gives Rednecks a bad name. A real redneck would wipe the floor with him. TNA should do us a favor and scrap the gimmick.

TNA got rid of Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams for this ******. That's why WWE does not see TNA as competition. Because they keep making bonehead decisions like this.

Absolutely they should give Cody Deaner a push................. out the door, off a cliff, under a bus, off Magic Mountain, etc...

The guy isn't a wrestler. He an absolute abomination in the ring. We haven't seen him perform one legit wrestling move in six months and I have a real feeling he doesn't know any (or at least know how to perform one well).

He's actually managed to make ODB a bigger joke than she already was with the "wink wink" drinking and crotch grabbing.

Get him off the roster and let ODB go back to being her normal, break the rules self who actually shows the talent she has.

I really don't mind comedy jobbers, but they got to actually be funny. Rednecks haven't been funny since 1998. Deaner is useless. I am usually very open to things like this, but Deaner has been around plenty long enough for me to make an assessment on him. He is shit. No more tv time, no push. Boot him.

I thank you all for your candor. It seems all here feel the same way about it. Eh, I figured something could be tried to salvage the guy. Shows why I'm not a writer for TNA. Does make a good jobber, though. The one thing he's good at currently, emoting agony and being just the sort of guy everyone enjoys seeing in a state of agony.

In that case, I'll just let it be and let him die in pieces.

I slightly enjoy Deaner as a comedy character, but I don't think we need THAT much of him. There are plenty of other wrestlers who don't get pushes who are much better than Deaner (Red, MCMG, LC, etc.)

I think he is fine as ODB's boyfriend as he spices up the Knockout's Division a little bit, but the time Deaner spends on our TV should be limited. If you turn him heel, he is only set up for failure. He will ineveitably get lost in the shuffle and will be lucky to even get on television. I think Deaner is perfectly fine in his current comedy jobber role.

I enjoy comedy jobbers but the problem is that Cody Deaner isn't funny. TNA has a lot of problems that need to be addressed, I'm not referring to the stuff with Kurt Angle and the TNA power struggle, but they're problems nonetheless.

TNA has far too many people right now as it is and they simply do not have the air time to devote to all of them. A good example of that took place on Impact last week with the return of Christy Hemme, Rhyno and his buddy, whatever the fuck his name is. Hemme and Rhyno have been gone from TNA for a while and they were booked on the show during a time when TNA didn't really have anything for them. They were pretty much just useless filler for the night when TNA could've been devoting more time to pushing a few matches that were going to be at the ppv. After all, where was Beer Money? Where was Homicide, the X-Division Champ? You know, guys that had roles in title scenes.

But, I'm off the topic. There are lots of other areas in which TNA would be much better off spending its energy rather than building something out of Cody Deaner. The X-Division right now doesn't have all that much credibility, for instance, and there are simply much more talented guys than Cody Deaner on the TNA roster that could be made into something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back