• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk's DVD

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Let's just say that I normally go to bed around 11:30pm on weekdays when I have to wake up at 6am for work the next morning. I popped in the DVD and was going to watch 1/2 of it last night and finished the rest today. Well, last night I went to bed at almost 1am because I couldn't turn it off. That should tell you something.

Honestly, his story is truly incredible. Any teenager or young adult who never feel like they fit in or who go through a traumatized childhood should watch this DVD and understand what it's like to pull yourself out of the trenches and motivate yourself to the point of uber success... and then never be satisfied with it because you want more.

I always knew Punk was a workhorse and one of the most motivated superstars the WWE had ever seen but never knew he was THAT motivated. The guy is just relentless in his quest to really be the absolute best wrestler in the world.

I highly recommend that DVD to anyone. WWE finally went back to documenting and getting inside of a wrestler's real life and background. It's really an amazing DVD.

Totally agree. Loved the DVD so much. Especially the scenes where they were talking about how the Straight Edge Society all came from Punk. Think he's got a future in booking? :D Also, it was just good to see that Punk is such a down to earth guy, definitely respect more than I already did after watching that DVD. The ending was a nice touch too, haha, typical Punk.

I bought it the night it came out, popped in it around 10 pm, & stayed up watching till about 3 am, I just started on the second disc of the bluray set, & watched matches for awhile last night before deciding to turn it off after the WWE title match at MITB (still a fucking amazing match btw). I'll probably finish it off tonight.

I don't typically buy wrestling DVDs anymore, because most of them either eventually end up on Netflix or just aren't worth my time, & I figure I can find most of the matches on Youtube anyway. This one I knew I was going to buy the second I heard Punk announce it on Cabana's AOW podcast, & said that he bascially had creative control over it so it wasn't going to be getting the WWE cookie cutter treatment most of their DVD sets get. It's been worth every penny.

I've seen the documentary part of it, none of the matches though.

I assume there arent any of his ROH matches on there though, and its just his WWE developmental, ECW and WWE matches? Am I right?

I've seen the documentary part of it, none of the matches though.

I assume there arent any of his ROH matches on there though, and its just his WWE developmental, ECW and WWE matches? Am I right?

You are right, WWE doesn't own the ROH video library so they can't put those matches on the DVD. I'm actually surprised they showed as much ROH footage as they did, especially that they filmed part of the doc in an ROH arena.

You are right, WWE doesn't own the ROH video library so they can't put those matches on the DVD. I'm actually surprised they showed as much ROH footage as they did, especially that they filmed part of the doc in an ROH arena.

From seeing it in other stuff, I'm pretty sure that was the ROH Training Academy (or Dojo, but that name is fucking stupid), which is kind of cool because he was head trainer there for a few months.

It's good, but there are better. The issue I have with it is that he totally, utterly dimisses some stuff he did in WWE as "yeah, sure, whatever" when they were pretty freaking good really. See: Feuds with Morrison & Hardy.

Just finished the documentary, and onto the matches now (I've seen all but one of them, but some of them not for a long time). I fucking love this DVD. Punk is one of my favorite guys, and this is the first WWE dvd I have bought for a long time. A LONG TIME. And I'm glad it was this one. And aside from a couple of matches I'd have liked to see, the match choice is awesome.

I'm going to Raw at the beginning of November, and this has got me so fucking psyched up for it. Great DVD, well worth getting a copy of.

It's good, but there are better. The issue I have with it is that he totally, utterly dimisses some stuff he did in WWE as "yeah, sure, whatever" when they were pretty freaking good really. See: Feuds with Morrison & Hardy.

I think it's probably because they're not with the company at the moment. It sucks because I never saw his stuff with Morrison and was hoping to see it on DVD

I think it's probably because they're not with the company at the moment. It sucks because I never saw his stuff with Morrison and was hoping to see it on DVD

You do get the ECW title win, which in fairness was by far and away their best match in that feud.

I watched the documentary side and it was excellent, made me think about going back to my pro wrestling training.

He dismissed nothing. The highlight of the Hardy feud was him getting to be heel. Covered it. His PPV matches with Morrison were want. Covered it. Missed nothing. They could have touched the Mysterio feud, but it was inessential and would have bled into the SES anyway.

.....Is very whiney and Jaded. Almost felt like an old school kayfabe dvd.

"Zommmggg they stuck me on ecw bc they didnt want meeee"

Or they put you on a show targeted at an audience they knew you would immeadiately be over with, were you could go on a long undefeated streak and crush everyone?

"waaaaahhh they booked my two title reigns sooo weaklyyyy"

I mean. Do I fucking even need to say anything? I bet lots of people wish they could be handed that within two or three years of entering the WWE

The SES I agree with. They fucked that up fucking royally. But they fuck stuff up all the fucking time, it aint just Punk.

and finally, they let you talk about material NO ONE else gets to talk about, and gave you a year long title reign.

Whole lot of crying and whining about being such a held down underdog with one of the hugest amounts of push ever in the WWE. Motherfucker, please.

Coming from someone who names Punk in his fave five, dawg

If Gene Siskel were to come back from the dead, declare this to be the greatest achievement in film since Gone With the Wind was released, and then kill himself knowing that he'd seen the best the world has to offer, I'd still pass on watching it.

.....Is very whiney and Jaded. Almost felt like an old school kayfabe dvd.

"Zommmggg they stuck me on ecw bc they didnt want meeee"

Or they put you on a show targeted at an audience they knew you would immeadiately be over with, were you could go on a long undefeated streak and crush everyone?

"waaaaahhh they booked my two title reigns sooo weaklyyyy"

I mean. Do I fucking even need to say anything? I bet lots of people wish they could be handed that within two or three years of entering the WWE

The SES I agree with. They fucked that up fucking royally. But they fuck stuff up all the fucking time, it aint just Punk.

and finally, they let you talk about material NO ONE else gets to talk about, and gave you a year long title reign.

Whole lot of crying and whining about being such a held down underdog with one of the hugest amounts of push ever in the WWE. Motherfucker, please.

Coming from someone who names Punk in his fave five, dawg
Haven't seen the DVD, but just from CM Punk's fanbase in the IWC, I can imagine this won't go over well.

Even though you are 100% right about his career.

The CM Punk documentary was one of the best that I ever watched. I put that in my top 3 favorite wrestling DVD's the other two are The Stone Cold and Edge DVD. It was a very touching and inspiring story. It shows how hard he has work to achieve everything that he did in his career as a wrestler. It shows how he is also a great friend and doesn't just care for himself, like how Joey Mercury mentioned how Punk saved him from getting his house taken away from him. This is a DVD for any wrestling fan or anyone who wants to be a wrestler.

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't some great production like everyone is making it out to be. It was more or less the same as all the other ones.

You can really tell that the dude is a pretty hardcore prick. Some of the shit he said he really made me cringe.

He dismissed nothing. The highlight of the Hardy feud was him getting to be heel. Covered it. His PPV matches with Morrison were want. Covered it. Missed nothing. They could have touched the Mysterio feud, but it was inessential and would have bled into the SES anyway.

Really? I always thought the highlight of the feud was the fact that these were two complete and utter contrasts. They didn't touch on that at all. They pretty much veiled it in fact with "LULZ Vince, I'm amazing so turning heel isn't hard". The feud wasn't discussed, Punk turning was discussed.

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't some great production like everyone is making it out to be. It was more or less the same as all the other ones.

You can really tell that the dude is a pretty hardcore prick. Some of the shit he said he really made me cringe.

Exactly. Which is why I was somewhat dissapointed seeing as Punk had all this "creative control" and we pretty much ended up with a standard profile DVD.

Curious as to which of the many cringe worthy things on the DVD made you do so Nate.

I'd watch a DVD of Jeff Hardy getting kicked in the head for two hours.

Still, I'm really excited about seeing Punk's DVD. You know, when it's not £22.99.

Got the Blu Ray really early and I thought it was decent. Like I said in other threads about this DVD it has nothing on Austin's and Rise And Fall Of ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back