• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk Promo Thread (Spam Version)

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Anyone who just watched RAW knows what this thread is about. It deserves its own thread, discuss.

Well, this is the most confused I've ever been about a worked situation in wrestling. Hats off to Mr. Punk. May he laugh all the way to the bank when opens tomorrow.

I don't care whether it was a work, or a shoot, or a worked shoot. That was freakin' amazing! Like, seriously, the bar across the street heard me shout "HOLY SHIT!" when he name dropped what I will call "The Trinity".

I hit New Posts and it's all CM Punk shit at the top except for one Boy Meet's World thread. Now I love BMW, but seriously? Who in the fuck is thinking about that show right now?

The best promo I have seen in a long long time. Possibly ever, not sure yet. I love how this has already got its own thread, both spam and non-spam varieties. HA.

I know they let him do that to see if it would generate interest, but Punk believes so much of what he just said that it makes it all worth it. Possibly my favorite promo ever. Can't wait until Punk finishes his Vince McMahon rape story next week.

Haven't seen this much activity about the end of Raw since the Nexus invasion. Well played, Mr. Brooks.

TAKE IT ALL!

MY LOVE!
MY ANGER!
AND ALL OF MY MONEY!

But seriously, buying MITB right now, that was insane.

Haven't seen this much activity about the end of Raw since the Nexus invasion. Well played, Mr. Brooks.
He hates it when you call him that.

David Letterman should have a Top 10 list tomorrow - "Top 10 C.M. Punk Quotes From 6/27/11 WWE Monday Night RAW"

While I've known it since I first saw him in 2004, now you all know why he's the best thing going. Go on: Lament how the WWE has kept him on a short leash since 2005.

I know they let him do that to see if it would generate interest, but Punk believes so much of what he just said that it makes it all worth it. Possibly my favorite promo ever. Can't wait until Punk finishes his Vince McMahon rape story next week.

That's why Vince let him say it. The promo wouldn't have been half as good if Punk didn't believe every single sylable.

Just like The Nexus invasion wouldn't have been half as awesome if it wasn't a legit surprise to everyone who got changed inside the building; CM Punk's shoot wouldn't have had half the stopping power if the metaphorical bullets didn't come from the heart.

Best promo since Austin 3:16 and one of the best of all time. I really can't think of anything to say besides that, there's no way I can critique it or think of a way to improve it.

He was about to talk about Vince and his anti-bullying campaign. I wonder if he really had a story in mind or he just knew that it would drum up controversy.

Truly the best promo I have ever seen. Not even close to being a shoot though. Shoot promos don't really exist in WWE because they can be cut off as soon as they start saying sensitive stuff. Punk is also far too professional and would have mentioned TNA. Vince wouldn't allow that even in a worked shoot.

The one thing I want to know is how many people backstage, ringside, or even Cena in the ring, truly knew how that promo was going to go down, how big of a worked shoot it really was. If it was kept quiet, I can just imagine the employees backstage

You know, this is what I'm talking about when I trash all of these morons who claim that the WWE is too predictable. When you swerve constantly, you'll eventually run out of shit that will surprise anyone(WCW, etc.) But when you go through the motions and just carry on, business as usual then something like this happens, it's a legit surprise and it gets everybody talking. So next time everyone wants to bitch about the predictability of WWE, think about what we saw tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back