• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Claire Lynch' Quit TNA Due to Harassment

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://allwrestling.com/content.aspx?ID=45083

TNA Wrestling concluded the Claire Lynch storyline last night on Impact Wrestling with her legal representative revealing that she never was pregnant and had agreed to blackmail AJ Styles after being approached by Daniels and Kazarian—she drugged Styles and took scandalous photos suggesting he was the father of her fake baby. Lynch did not appear during the segment since she quit the promotion.

Multiple TNA sources have confirmed that Lynch, whose real name is Julia Reilly, immediately quit the company after her identity was discovered online and wrestling fans began bombarding her professional website, YouTube and LinkedIn accounts with "derogatory and hateful messages about her acting, her character's actions and her character's appearance."

As a working actor, Reilly didn't want potential employers and casting directors researching her to come across the hateful scorn, which was described as "some of the most classless garbage you'd expect to see, just low rent message board loser stuff." As a result, she quit TNA and immediately closed her professional accounts in an attempt to deflect the vitriol.

--

I honestly feel bad for her.

And we wonder why we're hated. Then again, given the horrible angle she was booked in....

So as an actress, she drove her audience to vile outrage due to her evil character's actions?

Oh, come on, man. You can't be serious...

The woman was PERSONALLY harassed over a fuckin' CHARACTER on television because of how high and mighty and elitist the VAST MAJORITY of wrestling fans are/can be.

How you can try to blame the victim here is beyond me.

Look I'm just glad the angle is over, I don't wish here any harm or hopes her career dies but yes her acting in that angle was horrible and it never should have happened.

The woman was PERSONALLY harassed over a fuckin' CHARACTER on television because of how high and mighty and elitist the VAST MAJORITY of wrestling fans are/can be.

Jim Cornette had bleach shot at his face and I believe he was stabbed. This would be considered wrestling fans being nice. I'm not blaming her. I'm saying she's been a success.

I don't care how awful her performance may have been, nobody has the right to attack her over the character she portrays. Absolutely ridiculous. Like JmT said, the anonymity I'd the Internet gives people a false courage, wherein they think they can say whatever they want and nothing will come of it. Going after someone's livelihood isn't justifiable.

I feel bad for the poor lady.

While I think it was a mistake to hire an actress who performs at the theme park that is adjacent to the studio lot you film in, she didn't deserve that. It's one thing to criticize and make jokes among friends, but to bombard her personal website with attacks is just fucked up.

JMT said it, the internet is mostly to blame. You ever read Youtube comments? :disappointed:

Regardless of her acting ability, she didn't need the negative feedback in that respect. As an actor (not that I am one), you have to have thick skin when it comes to criticism. I don't blame her for the actions she took as it could be detrimental to any future job offers she may get. I can be an asshole, but I wouldn't want to block another's progress. It was a bad storyline, and yes she was bad in portrayal of her part, but the general idea wasn't her fault. Folks should leave it at that.

dave meltzer said:
A little overblown.

But she didn't like the storyline because she felt that was the reason people thought she was a bad actress.

Meh, I don't feel bad.
Sometimes you gotta prevail,
And ignore the hate

While I agree with jmt to an extent, if we are being honest wrestling fans are usually at least a little worse.

I think the internet makes wrestling fans infinitely worse. It's like the gaming community, most of the gaming community were generally disgruntled self entitled pricks, but once the internet went mainstream they became much more insufferable.

Apparently this happens to TV actors quite a bit. As in some villainous characters on Eastenders get a bollocking while they're doing their shopping. And as mentioned, us wrestling fans can be utter dickbags so this is about par for the course tbh.

Can't say I blame her for what she did.

Apparently this happens to TV actors quite a bit. As in some villainous characters on Eastenders get a bollocking while they're doing their shopping. And as mentioned, us wrestling fans can be utter dickbags so this is about par for the course tbh.

Can't say I blame her for what she did.

The problem with an actor in the wrestling world though is that they are susceptible to a multi-pronged attack, despite only one of the reasons being their fault.

There are the delusional fans who see the actor's character as evil and therefore see the actor themselves as evil, much like the soap fan but there is also the criticism the actor for their performance in general, being involved in a shit storyline and being given a shit character.

I fear that "Claire Lynch" was the victim of all of these to some degree; although I would say that she was hated far more for the shitness of the storyline (and it dragging in an IWC darling in AJ Styles) and her sub-par acting.

She was quite right to head for the hills.

She really had no clue what she was in for going into this thing, did she?

I agree with Shattered on this, anonymity may be reason for some personal attacks on the Internet, but anonymity and wrestling fans is just a mixture for utter disaster. Case in point, everyday we see stupid threads made by posters who have a bare grasp of English, their are even stupider fans out there than that. Give them a cloak and an email address, they'll start cutting some "badass" heel promo through email.

The problem is that wrestling fans are already a fairly unruly bunch in situations that aren't even anonymous.

I don't feel too bad for her all things considered but it is unfortunate. The story was dead before it started after the disastrous choice to debut it like they did. She never had a chance and then had to bear the brunt of the backlash since wrestling fans always need an on-screen character to put the blame on for things they don't like.

I don't care how awful her performance may have been, nobody has the right to attack her over the character she portrays. Absolutely ridiculous. Like JmT said, the anonymity I'd the Internet gives people a false courage, wherein they think they can say whatever they want and nothing will come of it. Going after someone's livelihood isn't justifiable.

I feel bad for the poor lady.

Барбоса;4084989 said:
The problem with an actor in the wrestling world though is that they are susceptible to a multi-pronged attack, despite only one of the reasons being their fault.

There are the delusional fans who see the actor's character as evil and therefore see the actor themselves as evil, much like the soap fan but there is also the criticism the actor for their performance in general, being involved in a shit storyline and being given a shit character.

I fear that "Claire Lynch" was the victim of all of these to some degree; although I would say that she was hated far more for the shitness of the storyline (and it dragging in an IWC darling in AJ Styles) and her sub-par acting.

She was quite right to head for the hills.

Its like when the Edge/Lita affair came to light and the whole "YOU SCREWED MATT" chants started, then people would confront Amy Dumas whilst she's walking down the street and she retired because of it.

What "Claire" does in her real-life is her business along with all those actors who also play evil characters, and some people can be dicks sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back