• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas Themed Gimmick Matches?

EliteRiot

Dark Match Jobber
With the holidays just around the corner, I was trying to creatively come up with some ideas for holiday themed gimmick matches... something slightly light-hearted with a Christmas theme that could also be taken seriously and worked into a serious match. Of course I'm stumped coming up with anything grand! Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like a great idea. I've always wanted to see a crucifixion match, but the closest we came was the Sandman incident. Now with that pesky Kurt Angle gone to TNA, I'm sure Vinnie Mac could pull it off. Winner of the match is the first person to hammer their opponents arms and legs to a cross.

Then we could have a Christmas Tree match. First wrestler to put all of the decorations up on the tree wins the match. That would be more grueling than an Iron Man match.

What about Kwanzaa matches? Hannukah matches? What are you, some kind of racist?

Kwanzaa, Hannakuh, I'm all for it!!! Just trying to appeal to the masses seeing as how a majority of the country celebrates Christmas! Anything would work. Another thing I was thinking of is that you have a large stocking hanging in each corner of the ring... In each stocking is a weapon. Once you get it, you can use it! "Stocking Stuffer Slamboree!" lol

What about some sort of ladder match where they have to try and get a christmas star down instead of a title/briefcase. It could be a multi man match and be called a christmas present match where the winner gets any match they like as the main event of that show.

I'm pretty sure a tree with barbwire hanging like tinsel on it would be an interesting weapon. You wouldn't need much more, besides maybe some ornaments and a staple gun, and you have to decorate your opponent.

The blood and gore would bring some nice red to match the green of the tree for a Christmas feeling...

With the holidays just around the corner, I was trying to creatively come up with some ideas for holiday themed gimmick matches... something slightly light-hearted with a Christmas theme that could also be taken seriously and worked into a serious match. Of course I'm stumped coming up with anything grand! Anyone have any ideas?

Well.... it is too late to do it this year, but since WWE wants to do so many "themed" PPV's now.... they could move TLC to another month of the year, and have the December one be full of "holiday" gimmicks. Have everyone dress up in ways to promote various holidays like Christmas and stuff, and change the names of whatever matches they do to sound more like Christmas, or other December holidays. Yeah, I know it sounds cheesy, but admit it.... this would probably do rather well in PPV buys because of everyone's curiosity towards what it would actually be like, plus the success that "holiday" shows often have in this time of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back