• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho are you kidding me?

Kizzani

Getting Noticed By Management
So I just read an article on Chris Jericho talking about the Miz, Cena, conspiracy theory blah blah blah, he has this idea that he has created all these original ideas and moves that are only his. So I decided to compile a list of his crap.

Lionheart: original Jean-Claude Van Damn
Moonsault: Every Mexican wrestler, Ultimo Dragon, Max Moon
Boston Crab(jericho slightly modified): Rick Martel

Conspiracy theory: Sgt Slaughter ( american Conspiracy to have hogan the champ) The Mountie ( big boss man american cop conspiracy) Nailz ( Prison Conspiracy)

Jericho might be trying to stay in character just to sir up crap and tease his return for the future. But if he is going to come back to the fan that love him ( like me) Be man and come back, don't get voted off Dancing with the stars because you stink, don't go out and tour with fozzy ( his ban if you didn't know, probably unfamiliar since they stink) and stop being a host for crappy game shows that can't make it past 1 season. Get back in the ring and prove you the inventor of all storyline , looks and moves, Try the old gimmick and come out and read your 1004 holds move list again.

Side note: Your not even the first wrestler to QQ even when your gone, Rock, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Shane Helms, Bret Hart, and the TNA roster.

yeah it's prbably all a work just like the whole Punk contract storyline. Anyway also Jericho's "Best in the world at what he does" gimmick is something done by others before him. Maybe is some other form but I remember, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle doing the same thing and before that probably Nick Bockwinkel too. So I guess it's all a work. If not, than his ego has become so big that his short body can't handle it no more.

Lionheart: original Jean-Claude Van Damn

Lionheart: original Richard the 1st, king of England, born 1157 AD. Only off by 833 years there, buddy.

Chris Jericho has no problems saying that he stole a lot of his material from Nick Bockwinkel, especially. That is what you missed. Guys like Miz don't give the credit to those that came before. Miz is a total and complete rip-off of Chris Jericho's heel persona. All Miz has to do is say, "of course I copied Jericho, his gimmick was AWESOME!!!" and it would be good. Instead, what you get is a dude who is blatantly trying to pretend that he didn't rip off Jericho the same way Coldplay pretends they didn't rip off Joe Satriani or Vanilla Ice pretends he didn't rip off Queen/David Bowie.

Dude, he's just 'working...' He's continuing to keep is name rumbling around the Pro Wrestling world while he's off recharging so that you guys will be like "I knew he was coming back *snort* It was as plain as day on the Internet!"

There's two things to take on board here. Firstly, Jericho is only making those remarks so that he remains in the thoughts of the fans. Now, most fans don't care about stuff like this, but the IWC is prepared to talk about it ad nausem which keeps him relevant to at least a few people. Looks like he's pulled that one off so far.

Secondly, he makes a distinction with people who copy from an older generation. The way wrestling is, few people continue to watch their entire lives, so if someone is doing storylines that are 20 years old, it is new to most fans. Soap operas work the same way - every storyline from Hollyoaks now is similar to those of 2001. What he is complaining about is people copying his ideas from 3 years ago, which is something more of the audience is likely to pick up on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back