Chavo/Cruiserweight Title

InstantClassic

The Irish Icon
For those who follow the stories on WZ, it's been reported numerous times that Rey Mysterio is in for a big push when he comes back from his knee injury.

My thinking is that they gave Chavo the cruiserweight title at No Way Out, so that when Rey returns, they can reignite the feud between them, having Chavo drop the title to Rey and thus, Rey comes out on top and has a decent reign as Cruiserweight champ.

Any thoughts??

Also, I asked this in the "Shoot or Gimmick" thread, and nobody responded. Does anyone know whether the heat between The Guerrero's (Vickie and Chavo) and Rey was just a well played Gimmick, playing on the death of Eddie, or was there some legit heat going on between them??

First of all I don't think they actually have heat... Rey and Chavo cared A LOT about Eddie, and Vickie loves them for that. i guess we'll never truly know but I don't think it's a shoot.

As for your idea, it sounds interesting, but I wouldn't really want Rey to go back down to the Cruiser division. I don't see it as being on the same level as the heavyweight division, and IMO it would stain some of the things Rey did while he was main eventing.

Personally I think it's a little bit of a contradiction that he was ever world HEAVYWEIGHT champion, but I've accepted it. Rey's kinda grown on me over the years, I'd rather see him on top... and I'd rather see him feud with someone other than Eddie for a while. A feud with Batista would be nice.

First of all I don't think they actually have heat... Rey and Chavo cared A LOT about Eddie, and Vickie loves them for that. i guess we'll never truly know but I don't think it's a shoot.

As for your idea, it sounds interesting, but I wouldn't really want Rey to go back down to the Cruiser division. I don't see it as being on the same level as the heavyweight division, and IMO it would stain some of the things Rey did while he was main eventing.

Personally I think it's a little bit of a contradiction that he was ever world HEAVYWEIGHT champion, but I've accepted it. Rey's kinda grown on me over the years, I'd rather see him on top... and I'd rather see him feud with someone other than ****Eddie**** for a while. A feud with Batista would be nice.

dont u mean chavo
i think rey shouldnt go to cruserweight at the least tag team with someone like batista or jimmy wang yang if he changes his gimmick to just and asian dude

I don't like chavo or rey. Both sicken me in different ways. Rey is the disgustingly sweet babyface that no matter what happens kisses the fans a$$es every night, just like johnny-no-talent-cena does. And his whole offense hasn't changed in 20 yrs, same jumping bean maneuvers where the opponent is clearly slipping on banana peels to make little rey look good.. What a joke. Chavo, on the other hand is boring and does not cheat enough. He is disgracing the guerrero legacy by not living the lie-cheat-steal gimmick like he knows how to. He is too clean in the ring in my mind, and too repetitive. Gregory helms is twice the wrestler of both of those 2 guys and shud once again be cruiserweight champion. Or maybe even funaki, or scotty. All of them have paid their dues in the business and make me proud as a wrestling fan.

For those who follow the stories on WZ, it's been reported numerous times that Rey Mysterio is in for a big push when he comes back from his knee injury.

My thinking is that they gave Chavo the cruiserweight title at No Way Out, so that when Rey returns, they can reignite the feud between them, having Chavo drop the title to Rey and thus, Rey comes out on top and has a decent reign as Cruiserweight champ.

there is just one problem with this idea, Chavos contract expires soon and he has yet to sign a new one yet, so it is a very real possiability that Chavo isn't even in WWE by the time Rey returns from his injury, I think they gave Chavo the title at NWO in hopes that he would sign a new deal

And his whole offense hasn't changed in 20 yrs, same jumping bean maneuvers where the opponent is clearly slipping on banana peels to make little rey look good

first off which wrestler really changes there basic moves, and he does these "jumping bean" moves because he's a luchadore type wrestler and it is different from the normal wrestling. and every wrestler has to sell moves man..c'mon.... batista couldnt power bomb an average wrestler, he needs that guy to spring himself up in that direction.. same with alot of other moves.... so everyone does this slippin on banana peels thing..

now, like i've said many times, i dont think chavo has wut it takes to leave the cw division.. but thats just me, i cant even see him as being in the us title div, but some ppl in here feel he could be champion :S
i think he would be better off trying his luck in tna, i dont think mcmahon would push chavo too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back