Cesaro & Sheamus: Next Tag Team Champions?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I have to say that WWE took us down a road that I didn't expect with these two last night in that Foley has paired them up as tag team and that, at some point, their title opportunity will be a shot at the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship. When Foley initially said that they'd both be getting the same opportunity at the same time, I actually groaned out loud because I thought he was going to put them into some sort of triple threat situation for the United States Championship.

However, I also have to say that I did brighten when he announced they'd get a shot at the tag titles because I've wanted to see these two as a tag team for a while. The idea, as of right now, is that they're two heated rivals who're highly reluctant to work as a team but who'll probably form a cohesive team over time and may actually be the ones to end New Day's record setting 2nd title reign. There may be a few "misunderstandings" and setbacks, maybe one generally hits the other by accident here & there, etc. as it'd make the storyline more interesting.

Realistically speaking, this was the only genuine direction they could go with Sheamus & Cesaro. Kevin Owens is WWE Universal Champion, he's going to be for a while and I don't think a lot of fans want to see that changed anytime soon, even if that someone to change it was Cesaro and they'd lose their shit if Sheamus did it. Also, let's face it, neither of these guys are beating Roman Reigns for the United States Championship anytime soon either; he just won the damn thing, Vince is still quite high on him overall and having both these guys get a title shot separately or as part of a triple threat would be a waste of time because there's simply a better chance of Donald Trump saying a nice thing about Rosie O'Donnell than either of these two winning a singles title right now.

I like it. A lot of people groaned when it happened, but those are also the people who groaned about the feud while at the same time groaning that neither of these guys had anything to do. It solves every problem at once. Not to mention has the capacity to be a very entertaining, somewhat goofy pairing. If they eventually start getting along perfectly, whether heel or face, they'll eventually get stale and boring and become just another tag team waiting for s split. But if they stay dysfunctional, yet cohesive enough, ala Team Hell No, they could break out and get way over.

Even their make up is comparable to Hell No. You have one guy who's been stale for quite a while. And you have another who stays pretty over despite not being very relevant for a long time. And both guys are very good in the ring. In no way am I saying they are going to be nearly as successful as Hell No, but I think the potential could be there. It's going to depend greatly on the direction creative takes it.

I like it. A lot of people groaned when it happened, but those are also the people who groaned about the feud while at the same time groaning that neither of these guys had anything to do. It solves every problem at once. Not to mention has the capacity to be a very entertaining, somewhat goofy pairing. If they eventually start getting along perfectly, whether heel or face, they'll eventually get stale and boring and become just another tag team waiting for s split. But if they stay dysfunctional, yet cohesive enough, ala Team Hell No, they could break out and get way over.

Even their make up is comparable to Hell No. You have one guy who's been stale for quite a while. And you have another who stays pretty over despite not being very relevant for a long time. And both guys are very good in the ring. In no way am I saying they are going to be nearly as successful as Hell No, but I think the potential could be there. It's going to depend greatly on the direction creative takes it.
When I saw reluctance by both to tag together, it immediately made me remember Hell No. That was freakin' great. Best of Kane in recent years.

I am happy for this one. Of course, these two wouldn't be winning the ultimate title anytime soon so why not increase the depth of tag division. Cesaro has been good as tag team wrestler as his past alliances with Tyson Kidd, Chris Hero and Jack Swagger suggest.

The Raw's Tag Team Division consists of New Day, Gallows-Anderson, Enzo-Cass and now this team. I don't consider it but Shining Stars are still a thing too.

Also I think that the inevitable Enzo-Cass feud woth New Day would be at Wrestlemania.

I hate it! For the first time in many years, the WWE has a decent tag team roster. We're not just talking random so so teams. There are lots of great teams and every single one of them deserve to be champions more than these two.

This will be the second time this year that the WWE has used a championship to make someone relevant. Of course I'm talking about Miz. He had nothing going for him so they put the IC title on him. Sheamus and Cesaro definitely have more going for them. But neither have done much of consequence so now we are probably gong to get them as tag team champions. It's lazy booking.

I gotta say I kind of like it. Cesaro clearly isn't ever going to get that big main event push and Sheamus has had his days at the top so this could be beneficial for both guys. Think they need a manager though. Why not Paul Heyman??? He was with Cesaro before and this would give him something to do when he's not with Brock. Heel Champs with New Day & Enzo & Cass chasing them would bring life to a stale tag division that sees New Day retain vs. everyone. It's also time to trade The Club (Anderson & Gallows) along with Balor to Smackdown for the Wyatt Family??? Styles & The Club can rejoin and Balor could feud with Styles when he returns. New Day and Wyatt Family still have unfinished business and you could also do the Wyatt vs. Lesnar feud that was postponed. Just makes sense on all levels. Club is clearly not getting the Raw Tag Titles so move them to the B show.

Mehmet. The next tag team champions should be Jericho and Owen so so they can further what should be the most important feud on the program.

If they don't win the belts then the best of 7 series was even more pointless than it initially appeared. But do you really end such an epic title reign to a dud like Sheamus and an odd couple partner.

I have to say that WWE took us down a road that I didn't expect with these two last night in that Foley has paired them up as tag team and that, at some point, their title opportunity will be a shot at the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship. When Foley initially said that they'd both be getting the same opportunity at the same time, I actually groaned out loud because I thought he was going to put them into some sort of triple threat situation for the United States Championship.

However, I also have to say that I did brighten when he announced they'd get a shot at the tag titles because I've wanted to see these two as a tag team for a while. The idea, as of right now, is that they're two heated rivals who're highly reluctant to work as a team but who'll probably form a cohesive team over time and may actually be the ones to end New Day's record setting 2nd title reign. There may be a few "misunderstandings" and setbacks, maybe one generally hits the other by accident here & there, etc. as it'd make the storyline more interesting.

Realistically speaking, this was the only genuine direction they could go with Sheamus & Cesaro. Kevin Owens is WWE Universal Champion, he's going to be for a while and I don't think a lot of fans want to see that changed anytime soon, even if that someone to change it was Cesaro and they'd lose their shit if Sheamus did it. Also, let's face it, neither of these guys are beating Roman Reigns for the United States Championship anytime soon either; he just won the damn thing, Vince is still quite high on him overall and having both these guys get a title shot separately or as part of a triple threat would be a waste of time because there's simply a better chance of Donald Trump saying a nice thing about Rosie O'Donnell than either of these two winning a singles title right now.

Yeah, I agree. It would suck to see Sheamus/Cesaro win at COC, just to lose Reigns/Owens at a B level PPV.

Sheamus and Cesaro together could be like Team Hell No. Help Cesaro get more over.

When I saw reluctance by both to tag together, it immediately made me remember Hell No. That was freakin' great. Best of Kane in recent years.

I am happy for this one. Of course, these two wouldn't be winning the ultimate title anytime soon so why not increase the depth of tag division. Cesaro has been good as tag team wrestler as his past alliances with Tyson Kidd, Chris Hero and Jack Swagger suggest.

The Raw's Tag Team Division consists of New Day, Gallows-Anderson, Enzo-Cass and now this team. I don't consider it but Shining Stars are still a thing too.

Also I think that the inevitable Enzo-Cass feud woth New Day would be at Wrestlemania.

It looks like Cesaro and Sheamus will get their title shot at HIAC. I guess we'll see the title change there.

I don't expect a big tag team match at WM. With it being two brands and stars on both brands being featured more, probably will see two four team tag matches.

Mehmet. The next tag team champions should be Jericho and Owen so so they can further what should be the most important feud on the program.

If they don't win the belts then the best of 7 series was even more pointless than it initially appeared. But do you really end such an epic title reign to a dud like Sheamus and an odd couple partner.

Sheamus and Cesaro are "duds"? Sheamus is a top star and Cesaro is one of WWE's most talented wrestlers. Them beating The New Day is so much better than dropping the titles to generic nobodies like Enzo & Big Cass or Gallows & Anderson.

I hate it! For the first time in many years, the WWE has a decent tag team roster. We're not just talking random so so teams. There are lots of great teams and every single one of them deserve to be champions more than these two.

A lot of great teams? Lets look at the RAW roster.

01) New Day
02) The Club
03) Enzo & Cass
04) Golden Truth
05) Shining Stars

Three teams and two total jobber squads w/no up side its not a good division. Looking at recent events it could be argued the only legit team is New Day. The Club has flip flopped and seem as no threat. Enzo & Cass have hardly proven anything and were most recently feuding about a Time Share. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it but Sheamus and Cesaro could very well become a good team in a weak division.

Side note, I'd love to see WWE use Gargano & Ciampa as a regular tag team on Raw and not restrict them to the CWD.

A lot of great teams? Lets look at the RAW roster.

01) New Day
02) The Club
03) Enzo & Cass
04) Golden Truth
05) Shining Stars

Three teams and two total jobber squads w/no up side its not a good division. Looking at recent events it could be argued the only legit team is New Day. The Club has flip flopped and seem as no threat. Enzo & Cass have hardly proven anything and were most recently feuding about a Time Share. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it but Sheamus and Cesaro could very well become a good team in a weak division.

Side note, I'd love to see WWE use Gargano & Ciampa as a regular tag team on Raw and not restrict them to the CWD.

I agree with you. At the moment New Day is the only legit team.
-Enzo&Case are on their 4th or 5th loss. (lost their feud with Y2KO, twice to Shinning Stars, and again to Y2KO)
-Gallows & Anderson has been destroyed. The little momentum they did have is gone now.

Sheamus and Cesaro teaming was the best option. I doubt there are many who wanted to see Sheamus vs Reigns again or Sheamus vs Owens (probably wouldn't have happen anyways since both are heel). wwe/Vince aren't crazy enough to put Cesaro against Reigns, and if Cesaro would've faced Owens, it would've been on a one off/throwaway ppv.
This team has potential to be great. A lot of people are comparing them to Team Tell No, but im thinking something more of what they did with Matt Hardy and MVP. They could continue the one-upmanship in the ring and maybe even start to do physical (weightlifting/pushup) competitions backstage.

It would be great to see Cesaro and Sheamus actually slowly start to get along and then all of a sudden one of them wins the U.S championship, and the "team" starts to implode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back