Who Wins This Match?

• John Cena

• Randy Orton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Cena Region and it is a Street Fight. It will be held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.

msg-hip-hop-sports-report.jpg

Rules: There are no disqualifications or countouts and the match can only be won by pinfall or submission.

scaletowidth

#1. John Cena

Vs.

latest

#9. Randy Orton

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Yawn.

We have seen these two go out at so many times, even in gimmick environments, and Cena typically comes out on top. I find Orton bland and boring, I find Cena to be respectable and competent. I don't know what more needs to be said, so I'm going Cena. I'll go one step further and predict this match would get a B from KB.

I think for the better part of 10 years, if not longer, we have repeatedly seen that Cena is superior to Orton in just about all of the ways. I don't know if they've had a street fight, I do know that they've had lots of matches and Cena usually wins. Cena keeps on rolling here.

Is this the only gimmick match these guys haven't been in or have they been in one on a Raw sometime? I can't think of one and it's quite funny considering how often these guys have gone at it. I can't remember if they were going to have one at No Mercy 2007 before Cena went down but it doesn't really matter.

I like both guys but I think Cena comes out on top here. Not as easily some would think as well. In the end though John Cena really took his talent to a new level last year in terms on in ring ability and with that I think it gives Cena the advantage. Both guys have been on the top and have carried the show for a while. Randy has had some unfortunate injuries during his peak to kill some of his momentum which is a shame. Cena has had some major injuries as well during his prime, however he is just some alien dude that only has to lay down for a day to be 100% again and then has come back in bigger fashions meaning he never really lost momentum e.g winning the Rumble in 08. Both guys have had there fair share of gimmick matches as well especially no dqs or street fights like this match. Really there isn't that much separating them... Apart from that Cena is one of the biggest draws ever.

No matter what Randy does, Cena will find a way to lift Randy into a FU for the win.

What else can be said? Cena beat Orton routinely and when Cena lost to Orton it was due to some type of shenanigans. That was in gimmick matches or regular matches alike. So unless Legacy or Evolution are gonna be running down the ramp for the save, Cena is going over.

Vote Cena.

Orton is the Savage to Cena's Hogan. They have always been connected, and always will be, but the fact remains that Cena is #1, and Orton is the guy that had the belt when Cena was busy doing something else. I don't recall this specific gimmick match, but I don't see why Cena would lose this after winning so many others.

Ummm.... This match has been repeated a non-countable times. Although I wouldn't want it ever again, These two guys will surely meet in future much to my dismay.

And John Cena is the winner of this match easily. As i said in the previous match of Randy, Orton is Savage to Hogan-like Cena.

So John Cena here easily.

Pretty brutal draw for Orton. Nothing's worse in the tournament then coming up against a guy whose career is partially defined by a rivalry with you - that you lost. Sometimes the WZ Tournament is a great time because we get to speculate across eras, in dream matches that never happened, and wonder what could possibly have gone down. This is the opposite - we've seen this match at least a dozen times (or it feels that way, at least) and in the end, Cena usually wins. Orton's got big wins over Cena (Hell in a Cell 2009 and TLC 2013 come to mind) but when push comes to shove, Cena has a way of closing out on Orton. History will always call Cena the #1 of his era, and Orton the #2 of his. There's not really any work to be done here translating across eras or imagining dream matches - there's just the reality of what happens when these two cross, and usually, Cena wins.

For anyone curious, I went to profightdb.com and checked the archives, and in one on one matches, on TV, where the match actually ends in a pinfall or submission, the record is 7-5 Cena - not overwhelming, but I would reiterate the tendency for Cena to finish the feud with the win (arguably late 2013/early 2014 is the one time he did not, thanks only to the interference of the Wyatt family). Overall, it's the #1 versus the #2, and the lifetime record is in Cena's favor. Sometimes the vote is easy.

Could Orton win this? Yeah. Problem is that history shows Cena ends up on the winning end more often. They fought to the point of repetitive boredom, but both guys usually gave great performances. This would be no different.

Even with Legacy floating around, Cena will probably take this win. John finds a way to win big matches & it will take a bigger name than Randy Orton to stop his momentum here.

This match mimics the title unification bout Cena and Orton had a couple of Decembers ago when everyone was riding Bryan's jock. The street fight aspect only helps Orton as Cena wouldn't would be too busy posing for the crowd while Orton runs him over with a car.

Vote Orton or continue living in a box.

John Cena!? Ewwww! Alright, that's out of my system.

Rainbow Yaz (thankfully) pointed out what comes to mind what everyone likely thought when they saw this match, this is yet another John Cena vs Randy Orton match.

I sort of dislike Randy Orton, but I really dislike John Cena. So my vote is going to be for... oh fuck me. I'm leaning toward John Cena.

Look; because these two men have fought more than Andy and Flo Capp, we have a pretty substantial record of their wins and losses against each other. And the results are pretty... well I'll call them staggering.

I honestly thought I knew how many times these guys have fought, but I wasn't including the house shows. These two would trade off win streaks against each other at house shows, I honestly think that they've fought each other more than any other two people in the history of pro-wrestling.

Have a look at this listing of their involvement with each other over time:

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestler_search/randy-orton-384.html?opp=350

In straight up 1 on 1 matches, John has 34 wins and Randy has 20. I don't see the No DQ stipulation making much of a difference here, these two don't have much experience in that type of match so they'd probably just go traditional after a few spots with a kendo stick.

John Cena is the odds on favorite, so I'm going with him against my better interest. Vote Cena.

This match favors Orton, solely because of the stipulations of the match.

Orton will do anything to win, find anyone to help him and is extremely opportunistic.

Cena dishes out some decent offense here, looking to have the match won. He goes for an AA, Orton counters into an RKO (OUT OF NOWHERE!) and wins THIS time.

Though we know in the long run, Cena always wins. But Orton gets the best of him this time.

Vote Orton as the cinderella of this tournament.

We've seen these two go at it soooooo many times over the last few years...with Cena coming on out top more often that not.

I can't really decide who the stipulation favours as Cena is one of those "never give up" type guys who's won most of his matches with similar stipulations, but Orton is much more evil, sadistic and some would say suited to this type of match. We've seen what he can do in his famous street fight with Mick Foley.

It's the no.1 vs no.2 of their generation here, and I know most people will vote for Cena, but I've always preferred Orton so he's getting my vote after 3 RKOs, the last one onto the steel steps.

Winner: Randy Orton

Ye ok I ll Post. John Cena.

In a match, and stakes we have seen before Cena takes it more times than Orton. Real life has basically had this match quite a few times and it's pretty onesided.

It's a Street Fight. John Cena has street cred.

Cant_See_Me.jpg

Hit #15 on the Billboard 200 charts. According to RIAA, it went platinum.

Orton isn't from the streets. He can barely even seem interesting.

Vote Cena. Word Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back