Catch As Catch Can Wrestling

Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra

Kinda Sorta Old School
I've been watching some WWE dvds lately and alot of the matches from the 90' had alot of catch as catch can wrestling in them, especially matches that involved Owen Hart, Bret Hart, British Bulldog, and Shawn Michaels. Looking at the matches today I came to realize that I can't remember the last time I saw someone catch wrestle in a match. I for one thought it was entertaining to see and showed alot of athleticism. I'm wondering why no one ever catch wrestles anymore and when was the last time it was used?

As far as I know I believe Shawn Michaels was classified as a catch wrestler, I could be wrong though, the whole catch wrestling hasn't really caught onto me as opposed to knowing what a Technical wrestler is.

But yeah, Shawn Michaels I believe the announcers called a arguably the best catch wrestler to step into the squared circle at Wrestlemania 21.

As to the whole why no one ever catch wrestles anymore, I don't know, again seeing to the fact that I'm not very strong on what actually identified a catch wrestler, but if we're to talk about someone of Shawn Michaels style, I guess you'd have to classify someone as John Morrison potentially as a catch wrestler.

On the other hand, I could probably see a guy like Tyson Kidd being a catch wrestler, seeing as the names you mentioned, Owen and Bret, seeing as I think there's something about Tyson that reminds me a lot of those two, especially cause he was trained by Bret Hart, you'd figure he learned some moves here and there.

It's funny how I make a thread about catch wrestling and not seeing it much anymore and today I'm watching NXT and Daniel Bryan does a little catch wrestling in his match with Regal. Albeit it wasn't as beautiful as when Shawn and company used to do it in their matches but it worked for me. I hope that this starts happening more because it really is a cool thing to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back