• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Carlos Condit

Carlos "Natural Born Killer" Condit is an extremely gifted mixed martial artist. I'm not sure what to think of him though. He went 5-0 in the WEC, but even before that he experienced a ton of success in Pancrase, ROTR, and many other smaller promotions. Fast forward to now, he is 2-1 since making the jump to the UFC, but he really hasn't done anything that significant. In his debut he lost a split decision to Martin Kampmann, which was a great showing for both men. He then won his next fight against Jake Ellenberger by split decision and in his next fight he beat Rory MacDonald by TKO. Not really the greatest competition, but a win is a win. I'm still not sold on him being ready for the UFC though. I mean, can he really compete at Welterweight in the UFC? Can he take the belt off a guy like Georges St. Pierre some day?

I don't think he's ever gonna be UFC Welterweight champ. In my opinion I think he's slightly overrated, but even so, nobody in that division poses a threat to GSP anyway. In the WEC, against inferior competition, Condit was quite dominant. He's in the big leagues now, in the UFC, he's just another fish in that pond. He's nothing special.

What do you guys think?

I definitely think Carlos Condit can compete with the top tier talent in the UFC Welterweight Division.

Do I think he can defeat GSP? No, but then again... I don't think anyone in the UFC can defeat GSP, except for maybe Jake Shields. But I do think Carlos Condit is good enough to rack up a very impressive winning streak and work his way to a title shot (if he can avoid someone like Fitch, like Hardy and Kos were able to). He has a fight with Dan Hardy next, and he will show the World how good he is then. Everyone has this new found respect for Hardy because he didn't quit against GSP, so Condit should earn everyone's respect once he smashes Hardy's face in at UFC 120 (which fortunately will be on for free :) ).

I think Hardy is the 1 who will be doing the smashing come october JMT. I like Condit and it should be a good fight but i think Hardy picks up the win late in the 2nd round after a decent tear up.

I definitely think Carlos Condit can compete with the top tier talent in the UFC Welterweight Division.

Do I think he can defeat GSP? No, but then again... I don't think anyone can defeat GSP, except for maybe Jake Shields. But I do think Carlos Condit is good enough to rack up a very impressive winning streak and work his way to a title shot (if he can avoid someone like Fitch, like Hardy and Kos were able to). He has a fight with Dan Hardy next, and he will show the World how good he is then. Everyone has this new found respect for Hardy because he didn't quit against GSP, so Condit should earn everyone's respect once he smashes Hardy's face in at UFC 120 (which fortunately will be one for free :) ).

Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more about him wanting to avoid Fitch. Fitch is exponentially better than Condit, and is a very gifted striker. Although, Condit isn't a slouch on his feet either, but he's not at that elite level, nor is he fast enough to compete with him. As for Hardy, I don't know if he'd quite punch his face in. It'd definitely be an excellent match-up, and both guys would definitely be swinging for the fences. I think that Hardy's power would be too much for Condit though. Either way, can't wait for UFC 120.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back