• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cancer is a fucking bitch!

a0161613

WZCW's Mr Excitement
So after seeing my mum barely survive breat cancer when I was growing up, I have seen my fiancee's mum die last January (of the same rare appendix cancer that Audrey Hepburn died from).

And now, we've heard that the mum of my fiancee's best friend has only a few days left, from brain cancer that came from breast cancer that wasn't treated properly and so never fully cleared. This girl and her family are so lovely, it's horrible to think that she is going to go through the same pain that we have been through in the past twelve months.

They say cancer affects one in three people. I can believe it unfortunately because there are so many fucked up people out there who are still alive. It makes me sick.
:banghead:
:disappointed:
:(

Bro you know I love you man. I've been talkin to you forever now. I don't know fully what your going through right now, but I've lost some great people to cancer in my life. I wanna wish you a happy new years Alex, I hope everything gets better for you in 2011.

Numbers...I'm sorry. I hope everything works out for you. Know that your family is in my prayers. My aunt suffered from Breast Cancer and was able to make a recovery. It is a bit stuffed up in the world today when you see some people who abuse their bodies with all kinds of crazy stuff live to be like 113 years old, and others who treat their bodies like a temple and then get sick with illnesses. My father has battled Non-Hodgkins lymphoma for the last 12 years, and just tears me up, and then I see a neighbor of mine who drinks, does drugs and smokes, and he's probably going to outlive my father I'm sure... where's the reasoning in that? :confused: :banghead:

Cheers guys, I'm a bit bummed out by tonight but I'm glad that we will be able to at least help our friend if she ever needs it.

I should be happier really. We did buy our first house this year and we have our cats who are the coolest things going but they are the only bright spots of 2010 for me.

I'm getting a nephew (by association) in April so already 2011 is shaping up to be somewhat better.

Cancer is such a terrible thing, hopefully medicine can find some sort of cure or prolongonging of life in the near future, my mum and both grandfathers have survived it, but it does take too many lives, all the best for the new year numbers.

I feel ya man. Cancer is a bitch to deal with, but is definitely treatable if found early enough. I lost my Mom to cancer a few months ago.

I know how both of you feel. My advice is for her to spend as much time with her as she can.

My grandfather has cancer and it's eating me up inside that chances are slim that I'll see him before he passes.

I have recently developed Lung Cancer over the past few weeks, it is horrible, no 2 ways about it. It also sucks that I haven't had as many visitors as I hoped. But that happens, I can fight it.

050430-005..jpg

Sorry to hear that Numbers. Hopefully there is some sort of medical break-through soon that eliminates/inhibits this disease. Too many lives, ye. Hope you have good year ahead man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back