• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can wwe ever repeat the success of the period 1999-2003

slimmshady

Pre-Show Stalwart
Personally, I believe that in the future, a time will come when wwe will rise again but it will never again become as successful and entertaining as the period of 1999 to 2003. Those years were the greatest. A major reason for this was the amount of talent that was coming into the industry. Think about it, there was so many great wrestlers that entered the wwe yet there was hardly any serious injuries to any of them. I feel that this was probably because the wrestlers didn't have to push themselves (because of the success), as hard as they do now. Therefore resulting in fewer wrestlers needing time off to recover. Nowadays I feel that wrestlers are forced to do something out of the blue, for the audience. For example, look whats happened to rey mysterio. The guy just got back from rehabilitation and a few months later he gets injured again. I can't imagine what wwe will be like in a few years once the undertaker and kane (and other legends such as triple h, Shawn Michaels etc...)hang up their boots.I think that its kinda wwe's fault for their recent poor success. They continued to release wrestlers for no apparent reason (such as A-train, the dudleys, the list goes on) and the failure to alter some contracts for long term wrestlers (such as King Booker, Kurt Angle, Goldberg, again the list goes on). And now they are suffering for doing this. What ever happens in the future, I will always treasure those years.

NOPE!

don't think so!

WWE lacks a crossover star right now like Austin and The Rock, those guys was able to reach out to fans that really did not watch Raw every week, currently besides maybe Cena, WWE lacks that right now

also backstage politics is destroying this business, some guys have all the power back stage and they can basically do what they want, push who ever they want no matter what the fans want or think, I for one am very tired of the same fued going in circles basically:headscratch: Orton vs HHH again? then after that fued is over then what? HHH vs Regal that would be new but Regal as a Main Event guy? not sure if I am buying that one but I like Regal as a heel

but honestly only way WWE will make a better effort is if TNA really starts to get a spike in Ratings and really start to become a threat

what ever happen to the backstage storylines like back in the day when for weeks everyone wondered who Ran Over Austin, or that DDP stocking the Undertaker and his wife that was good TV I thought, at least it kept people watching every week, bring stuff like that back

they could reach it again with ease, its just people wont let go of the past, always wanting things to be how they were, always wanting that star that was like someone else. nothing goes back to exactly like it was, and no star will ever truely be like another. and untill people stop shoving this "the next such and such" on people, most talent will never grow to who they can truely be, and you'll never experience what a new era can bring to you

I understand what you guys are saying but like I said earlier, there will come a time when wwe's popularity will boost back up but the question is when? How much do the wwe desire that hunger for dominance again. To be honest with the tna point that MrScott made previously how the ratings of tna can effect wwe's future. Well, recently I watched a bit of tna and personally I think the way in which they are approaching their wrestling isn't really going to motivate wwe to beat tna's ratings. I mean look whats happening, a former wwe wrestler, sharkboy, is trying to take the mick out of stone cold but the funny thing is, know one really takes him seriously. For crying out loud, the guy wears a mask with a cheesy grin printed on it and some undies he probably found in a garbage dump. No one took him seriously in the wwe so he's trying to imitate the texas rattlesnake on his brand. Now that tells me what tna are like. Don't even get me started on Curryman. But the truth is, the reason why we, as the wwe fans, have loved the past was because of these unique, individual gimmicks/wrestlers that have really lifted the wwe from the ground. Wrestlers like the undertaker, kane, triple H, the great one (the rock), Stone Cold and the list goes on. Matches amongst these great wrestlers have been a true honor for all the wwe fans and we want to see more of them. That is really what the problem is with wwe. Firstly, they are really struggling to bring up new talent as wrestlers like kane were willing to put their individual reputations on the line in order to bring up the new talent. However, that seems to keep failing (that's probably why kane got the push for a title opportunity. Secondly, wwe are also struggling to balance the right amount of matches amongst the right amount of wrestlers (e.g. balancing the right amount of matches when the brothers of destruction are reunited and then followed by a break). These are problems that during the period of 1999-2003 would never have occurred because wwe had the right balance of youth with the established wrestlers. To be honest they actually had more established wrestlers entering the wwe consistently due to the take over of wcw.

they could reach it again with ease, its just people wont let go of the past, always wanting things to be how they were, always wanting that star that was like someone else. nothing goes back to exactly like it was, and no star will ever truely be like another. and untill people stop shoving this "the next such and such" on people, most talent will never grow to who they can truely be, and you'll never experience what a new era can bring to you

The reason why we will not let go is because the prdouct the WWE throws at us sucks at times.

Cena being rammed down our next, granted, he was redhot as the cocky, repping heel, but as a goofy babyface, diehards like me cannot buy into him. The crap offense and poor moveset are a joke. It might appeal to 30% of the audience(who are kids), but the rest of us its just crap.

The best storylines and matchups that have been recently were the Smackdown shows run by Paul Heyman, Benoit, Angle, Lesnar, Edge, Rey Mysterio, the Gurerros. These guys had smoking hot matches whilst over on the Triple H show, he was squashing anyone who was remotely close to taking his popularity.

Look at Ecw. They could make that show huge, more risky(due to being late night) and generally raise hell to try and bring back anything that will draw.

I don’t think the WWE can hit that level of success anytime soon, of course it’s possible we all know the Wrestling Industry is in one massive loop there is bound to be a boom at some point in the future.

One of the reasons it will be so hard for them to replicate what they did back in 1999 (you can probably go back to 1998 to be honest) is one reason… Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Vince vs. Stone Cold storyline was completely fresh and new, every person who ever had a dick for a Boss wanted to be Stone Cold, wanted to stick it to the man etc… and that storyline will never be able to be replicated with the same amount of response from the fans, because it has been done and times have moved on. Of course there was a lot more going on around then, you had The Rock rising to become one of the biggest draws in the history of the company, Undertaker running around doing crazy shit… the rest of the Belts really meant something, sure there was some crap thrown in, but on the whole the whole product was completely amazing and you could watch RAW and then Smackdown every week with a reason to tune in.

WWE do have the talent available to them to give us a character such as Stone Cold, The Rock etc… but right now they don’t have a hook for them. There is nothing to grasp onto and draw the casual fans back into wrestling. That’s going to be the problem for a while, until they can grab that catalyst to bring the Industry into a Boom we are going to be left feeling like this doesn’t match up to years gone by.

Jonny is right. Until the next "huge new thing" comes along, it wont have the same success rate. Back in the first boom, it was Hulkamania, the second boom, Austin, and Austin Vs Mcmahon. Until the next gigantic Personality comes along, or the next huge storyline comes along, the company cant expect to see the same success. Its only a matter of time I think though, its all cylical. I consider this just a better version of the "new era" period.

I know it's been said over and over but it is truly the lack of competition that is holding WWE back from making good TV. Think about it, WWE right now are making great profit, they have THREE shows on somewhat mainstream channels, they have complete monopoly on wrestling today. There is really absolutely no need for them to change anything from current status quo.

I read that they broke their record in earnings on their recent European tour so just why should they bother? I think Vince and USA would be just as happy with RAW even if it just made 2.x in ratings so really why change?

It sucks for us who are bit older but that's the way it is. I just hope that everyone who cheered when WCW died realize how ******ed they were, and the same goes for the people wishing TNA dies.

IMO it will take more than one or two guys to become big draws to save the company. They have these two guys already, and as much as ppl won't like me saying it, IMO its Cena and Batista. Orton and Edge have worked their way up to being near that spot, and all the other top guys are the remaining guys from the Attitude era. Much like WCW had Sting and Goldberg as two guys who worked their way up WCW and joined all the old WWE guys in the top spots. For a guy to get a character over, he needs to just b himself with the volume turned up. Guys like Kennedy shud receive his promo cue card, remember the key points that creative want him to say, and then jus make up the rest. We know DX got fined in the beginning for their antics until ppl wanted to see it and Vince said 'Oh, ppl like that? Better keep doing it then.' Do you really think the Rock was given a cue card that read "Don't forget to call Kevin Kelly a hermaphrodite." Probably not.

But what WWE really needs is to plan thier PPVs and rivalries far in advance. PPV matches shud have a month long build, and either follow on to the next part of the rivalry or create grounds for a new one. Batista v HBK at Backlash shud have ended with Jericho screwing one of them over to start a bitter fued, not calling HBK a liar on the highlight reel (altho that was a damn funny segment), and then havin a match announced on wwe.com.
The brand extension also doesn't allow for lots of the younger mid carders chance to get on PPV unless they're a champ (I can't remember the last time i saw London and Kendrick on PPV) because all the match time is taken up with the big names from 3 separate shows. The Divas HAVE to have a match even if there's no build just so they get PPV time. Did we really need to see Big Show v Khali? Couldn't we have had Carlito and Santino winning the tag belts instead (especially as Holly/Rhodes haven't defended them in 4 months!)?

Let's look at Summerslam '99 (one of my all time faves). Each match on the card (except the Women's title match) was either the conclusion of a long fued, or the beginning of a new one. Here's the card and how it developed.

1. D'lo Brown v J. Jarrett for the IC/Euro belts. Jarrett had lost the IC belt to D'lo on Raw, and was having trouble with Debra (his valet). D'lo had won the Euro title the month b4, had been helping Mark Henry (his tag partner) lose weight and was becoming a fan favourite. Debra convinces everyone that she's leaving JJ by coming down w/ D'lo. Distarcts the ref at the end, and Mark Henry comes in and costs D'lo both belts with a guitar shot. This then put JJ and Debra over as bigger heels, and started a D'lo/Henry fued for the Euro belt (which JJ gave to Henry)

2. Tag Turmoil match:- Started w/ Edge/Christian vs New Brood (Hardys) w/ Gangrel. So there's a fued between these two teams. They wrestle the majority of the match and E+C beat the Hardys, which wud lead into their massive tag fued which the Dudley's wud get involved in l8r. E+C squash the next two teams (Mideon/Viscera + Droz/Albert), but at least those teams got some exposure on PPV, and then get beaten by the Acolytes. Then the Hollys come out who'd only formed a team the week before, we get to check them out and then Farooq and Bradshaw leave victorious, because in '99 they were the team that cud crush anyone.

3. Al Snow v Big Bossman Hardcore belt w/ Road Dogg doing on the spot commentary. Road Dogg got on PPV to talk and hit Bossman w/ a nightstick. This fued was a month old now, where Al had ditched Head and gotten Pepper. It then led to Snow eating Pepper, and the whole Kennel From Hell fiasco, but hell, a fued is a fued.

4. Women's title match - Just there for the Women really. Ivory beat Tori if you care.

5. Lion's Den Weapon's Match Shamrock v Blackman. This fued started 2 months b4 with Shamrock always winning in matches, Blackman attacking backstage. Both guys speciality matches combined into one to end the fued, Shamrock wins.

6. Test V Shane for the right to date Steph. Great match, great build up with Test crippling the whole MSP, and then fighting Shane w/ the Posse always interfering (the Mean Street Posse NEVER won a match, yet were involved in one of the biggest matches in the card) First time u see Shane dive thru the announce table, first time u see Shane wrestle properly. Great match, great finish with the Stooges. Fued ends, steph/test angle continues.

7. Taker/Big Show v Kane/Xpac Tag Titles. (Fave match on this card) Everyone's fave underdog tag team at the time (coz Kane always had to do all the work) versus the two guys you DONT want forming a team. This started as Kane and Taker beating the crap out of Big Show. Xpac cost Taker the World title at Fully Loaded so Taker tried to cripple him. Kane comes out to save, suddenly out comes Big Show and we have a new unstoppable tag team. We saw Kane's character develop further as he was torn between his friend and his backstabbing brother. Kane learns of Taker's betrayals and sides w/ Xpac, and pays for it. Taker and Show obliterate Xpac after Taker hits the best move in all of wrestling (tombstone piledriver) and we have new tag champs. This wud lead into Taker/ Show vs Rock and Sock for the next month, then Taker went on the shelf til the following June so any other fueds had to b scrapped.

Rock v Mr Ass in a Kiss My Ass match.
Mr Ass cost the Rock the no. 1 contendership at Fully Loaded. Was supposed to show Billy cud hang with the big boys (he was KOTR after all) and he didn't really pull it off. Rock won, fued ended, Rock did RocknSock, Billy hooked back up w/ Road Dogg after a coupla months of nothing.

Triple Threat Match Austin v HHH w/ Chyna v Mankind w/ Jesse Ventura the guest ref.
We saw months of HHH working his way up to the no. 1 contendership. Begins attacking Austin, forced to put the title shot on the line against Taker and Chyna, Chyna wins thanks to Austin. Chyna defends it against HHH, wins it thanks to Foley. Foley challenges Chyna for title shot and wins it. HHH challenges Foley for title shot and no one wins, so becomes triple threat. Foley wins the match after being added to it the week before, HHH injures Austin to spark their fued several months down the line, and the night after HHH gets his title win and his career soars even higher from that point on.

I can't remember a PPV since 2001 that had that sort of detail in every segment. If you can think of one please put it up here because i'd like to be reminded.

Now, every match on that card either had an amazing build, or started off a new fued or was used to showcase guys who didn't have anything to do at that stage. That's the sort of writing the WWE needs to go back to doing otherwise if we don't see these guys wrestling/doing a promo etc in a scripted programme for a week or two with a big climax we forget about them, or we immediately think 'well they'll b let go or jus stick around jus for a paycheck.'

When we get to see all our faves (not just the Main Eventers) being used regularly and effectively again, we'll see WWE ratings go back up IMO.

(Sorry, i know that went on for ages but i cudn't get my point across without all that.)

MUST READ: I think a lot of you will agree to what i have to say. And i agree with a lot of you as well. WWE lacks a lot to bring its success top ratings in the 4s and 5s. It will be hard to get there, but they can. There roster on Smackdown and RAW is weak. To me they need to combine shows. If you look at there ratings histroy, there ratings were solid from 1998-2002. It hit the shitter in 2002 right after Wretlemania. They had the first ever draft 2 weeks after, the shows split right after the draft, and 3 weeks later after the draft was over the ratings stayed in the 3.x. They have not gone above a 4.5 since may 2002. Exactly a month after people realized that the draft was probably the dumbest thing they did. I watch RAW every week, and barely watch Smackdown because i dont have time and there roster blows with the exception of Undertaker, Batista and Edge. If the shows were combined again i would watch both shows every week. Im sure im not the only one who agrees or im not the only one that does that. Along with combining the shows, doing that would make the Tag Team Division better, The Intercontinental Division better and make for better feuds. To this day i think it was very dumb for them getting rid of the Hardcore Title. I thought that made crappy wrestlers like murdoch, cade, festus, and other mid-low card wrestlers look good. The Hardcore Title gave fans excitement, fun, and laughs as well. The 24/7 rule was one of the funniest things ever. To this day i still think it should be part of the show. The IC Title lost a lot of its relevance and prestige and that needs to be brought back which would help WWE. I use to enjoy watching feuds for that title. Now they dont even do it!!! Chris Jericho has it now and WWE should run with that and give him a good feud, not a special referee in a match. WWE is getting dumb! They are just not being smart with what they have. Another big problem is they are focusing on kids more. That is the number one most dumb this they are doing. WTF r they thinking! they tryed it once in the 90s and the ratings how how bout it was. They did horrible. I coach a little league baseball team and some kids have told me they dont watch wrestling because they are not aloud or go to bed at 9PM. They need to target teens like they did in 1998-2002. Use profanity, jokes, bra and panties matchs and more. Jerry doesnt even say PUPPIES any more. They wont use blood any more!! WTF, stop bein gay and target teens, not little kids. It just bothers me to watch sometimes because i loved the attitude era and the excitement, WWE has no excitement with everything they are doing. NONE! Please feel free to comment on my post, would love to keep this going!!

There is a very very small chance, that the WWE will ever have the sucess they had in that time period.

The WWE in that time, had the ability to use original undone ideas. They had wrestlers with great abilities. They could throw us the most interesting things because they were original. Everything has been done now. They have nothing original to show us at all.

The WWE will have to do their best to find talent like no other to bring back interest. Those like MVP, Mrr. Kennedy must hold the future to the WWE, if they can't bring back a small amount of interest..... then the chances are slim for the WWE.

All matches on the cards are less interesting these days, less build, less talent. When the time comes, a big success will probably come back to the company. But it will never be the same.

Got to say, the old titles need resurrecting because the more titles wwe has, the more chance the youth get an opportunity to lift there game and the more the wwe has of brining out another huge talent. Currently they've got about 10 titles, if even that. That's not as nearly enough as they did in the past. Also they need to bring back some more ppv, such as insurrection, bad blood etc....For some reason the number of ppv were decreased.

I'm for the most part repeating what I wrote in another thread, but it applies here as well.

The most successful of primetime programs eventually decline in ratings and/or quality or go off of television before they get a chance to do so but WWE keeps on going. With that in mind I don't think that WWE will ever reach the same level again, at least ratings wise because it just doesn't seem realistic that it would happen.

That's not to say that it won't have a boom of some sort, just that it probably won't be to quite the same extent based on the fact that when it was at it's peak we saw a lot of new things while now it's hard to come by for what are understandable reasons imo. here is nothing comparable to it as far as creating as much new programming per year for a scripted primetime program, at least in America. Soap operas are the only examples of scripted programming here that create more new shows per year but I'm referring to primetime. Also it's my understanding that daytime soaps also become repetitive and uncreative while recycling storylines.

So when a show has 52 shows per year with no repeats for this many years in a row, it's inevitable for creativity to lack imo and with the creativity lacking, chances are that reaching the past level will be difficult.

Even though having fresh ideas that aren't comparable to something else is difficult and having enough to make a massive difference is even more difficult, certain things that we used to get can still happen if WWE wanted them to. For example I miss when two wrestlers would have a big midcard feud and then over the years it would move up to main events. Now there are still plenty of long lasting rivalries that last years but it's not quite the same. Conceivably it can still happen though, even with the split.

The ratings last Monday were terrible, but I wouldn't blame that solely on Triple H like most people, WWE is stuck in a never-ending vortex of doing the same crap over and over again. The truth is, it wouldn't matter who the champion is at this point, the ratings are falling because storylines are always the same and RAW has the same damn layout every week: Promo--Tag match--Promo--Squash Match-- Promo--Women's Match--Promo--Main Event. As for people praising John Cena for getting these "Godly" ratings, give me a break, Cena was the top guy on RAW when ratings started to decline in the first place. Also, John was announced to be in a Main Event right from the get-go Monday night, so if he is truly the saviour, than why didn't the ratings skyrocket during his air time? Triple H was only in a promo at the beginning of the show, so the ratings drop definitely wasn't his fault, the Main Event(s) is what the WWE uses to grab the viewers and keep them watching for the whole two hours.

As for the Million Dollar giveaway, I don't think it is going to help the ratings at all, it just shows how desperate Vince is. I am liking RAW a lot more than I did last year, but that doesn't mean I am saying RAW is brilliant because it still needs a lot of improvement.

The real Million Dollar question is: Are we looking at the next WCW?

I agree to the fact that I think everyone can see clearly how desperate Vince is at the moment. I mean the guy's giving cash out from his own pocket to the fans. Don't know about you guys but I've never seen that happen before. But the thing is some of you guys are trying to blame it on the wrestlers such as cena and triple H. But the fact is, when john cena was the wwe champ on smackdown, it would seem to me that most people liked his rapper gimmick but as soon as he arrived on raw, well I don't really have to explain what happened next.
Another thing that needs mentioning is it looks to me that wwe seem not to be concentrating on ecw as much as raw and to a certain extent, smackdown. I can remember a few years back when wwe was suggesting of bringing some ecw tag team championship belts but that idea was scrapped when the smackdown titles were won by two ecw wrestlers (miz/morrison). What I'm trying to say is, like I said previously, some old titles need to be brought back such as the hardcore title, specifically for ecw etc, and some old ppv's need to be brought back too.
To me, the only way that the ratings could go up again is really for Vince to decide to buy TNA (thats if TNA agrees) and a conflict between both brands occured like the invasion scenario. But the problem is, there aren't really any signs that TNA are increasing their popularity so that idea is most likely out of the equation.

why is it that the ratings keep going down? its not just one one show but all wrestling shows. RAW, ECW, SD and TNA.

RAW this week was below a 3.0 rating. ECW is stuck at 1 ratings and SD is inbetween with 2 ratings. while Impact is below a 1.

would it be wise for there to be another War. or does Vince not care as long as he's making the dough?

the excitment is not there anymore like in the Attitude Era. only the real wrestling fans tune in each week it seems.

is this the start of the end for wrestling as we know it?

TNA isn't strong enough yet for a proper war, untill there getting even with smackdown, there not even enough of a worry to the WWE yet. That being said they'll probably start being noticed more if they pass ECW which would be the start of the WWE more then likely trying to kick things up a little.

I think that the problem is everything is so old and overdone.TNA is made up of WWE rejects. WWE gots the same people against each other over and over. I think if the WWE could somehow get some people like James Storm and Robert Roode to their company rating would go up some and as they build up their characters the rating would go up. Something new. Two guys who can get over.

what led to the success of 1999-2003 was wwe letting go of old stars like the hogan and savage and built new ones like michaels, rock, stone cold ,triple H. those stars were allowed to get on to the tops because of none of the old guys getting in there way. the gus the wwe let go (hogan and savage) as well as old wcw mainstays didnt leave their spots as main eventers and wouldnt put over younger talent which led to their companies demise.

right now the refusal to give up your spot as a main eventer (triple h shawn michaels cough cough) is hurting the business. triple prides himself of being a wrestling purist and doing what is right for the business but keeping himself on top and having be in almost every ppv main event is hurting. he's on his 12th reign right now and you know for sure hes gonna break naitchs record so until triple h retires i dont see how we're going to get back to the glory days

there is hope new young superstars are emerging and if guys like kennedy, morrison, the hardys, and mvp and others are alloed to get be put over i feel like the wwe can be drawing plus 5 ratings again soon

I can bet it has to do with the fact HHH is old and is doing the same shyt John CEna was. No one want another yr long reign from cena . Jeff hardy is garbage and a dope fiend. So right now they seem to have no plans to crown a new champ(someone who hasn't been champ yet that deserves it). Tna is great but i wil say its a lil more entertaining. Plus raw is 80% talking 20% wrestling.

Vince obviously does care for the future of the business or else he wouldn't try the $1 million giveaway. Is it going to work or not? Is a different point but nonetheless, he does want the ratings to increase. Maybe the wwe should take it to the next level and grant some wwe fans the privilege to create their own scripts for one broadcast show and see whats happens from there onwards. Maybe we have the right knowledge to manage the wwe in a proper manor and give each wrestler what they deserve.

Maybe the wwe should take it to the next level and grant some wwe fans the privilege to create their own scripts for one broadcast show and see whats happens from there onwards. Maybe we have the right knowledge to manage the wwe in a proper manor and give each wrestler what they deserve.

Having a fan get the privilege of giving input and maybe having at least one or two ideas used is one thing but the actual script idea is going way overboard imo, though I do appreciate your thought.

There are thousands of wrestling fans and yes a lot of them/us agree on certain things but overall I doubt that there are even two people who have exactly identical taste. Two people could like or dislike the exact same wrestlers for example with the exception of one. Therefore, which so many different overall visions of what is truly "deserved" and what is "proper" it's just not realistic for there to be a proper way to manage it like you suggested.

It's easy for all of us to sit on our butts at home and say what's right and wrong (and fun as well) but if most of our ideas were actually executed who knows how many people would trash our ideas? The fact that so many people inevitably would, since not everyone can always be pleased, negates the thought of "proper management."

I understand that managing the wwe is a difficult task but isn't the wwe meant to be directed to the fans? Actually all tv shows are directed to the fans but nonetheless, what I'm trying to say is, maybe the wwe should listen to the fans a bit more than sitting back and allowing the ratings to decline. However, in the current situation that the wwe is in, it seems to me that there is a sense of panic within the business. Now this tells me that they were too relaxed thinking that the ratings would eventually increase as they hadn't made any new decisions that could lead to increasing the ratings since 2003. Then from all of a sudden, they panic and Vince decides that giving out money is the best way to increase the ratings.

I don't think WWE will ever repeat the success hey had the storylines back then where good and different the tag team division and cruiserweight division on fire.Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle where there and they could put on good match with anybody. Paul Heyman was there and he is just simply enertaining.And wwe now is the complete opposite the superstars that they have and could be big draws in the future they don't even push but they will push superstars like Snitsky, Mike Knox, and Vladimer Kozlov who suck.

I understand that managing the wwe is a difficult task but isn't the wwe meant to be directed to the fans? Actually all tv shows are directed to the fans but nonetheless, what I'm trying to say is, maybe the wwe should listen to the fans a bit more than sitting back and allowing the ratings to decline.

Yes but there's no definitive way to make every fan happy. Look no further than these forums where the opinions that exist here can be multiplied by thousands to get the total number of fans in existence. So many people have opposite views about various subjects. If they listened to the opinions of thousands about a specific thing they'd still piss off thousands of others who feel the opposite. Therefore, no matter what they do they are in fact catering to fans, just not to all with each specific decision cause that's virtually impossible.

I agree that they should make changes but I've yet to ever see a suggestion that would conceivably be 100% foolproof. As stated when shows that are on a lot less run out of ideas or lower their ratings they're gone but WWE keeps on going and chances are that new concepts are going to be rare. The fact that despite lower ratings Raw is still amongst the top rated cable shows each week, sometimes the top rated, speaks volumes that things probably aren't as dire as people claim. Yes Vince giving out money appears to be desperate but do we factually know that it is? Who knows what the money thing entails. It seemed pretty clear that he's handing out a million in "cash" but maybe it's just some sort of Dibiase tie in and has a double meaning that we are yet to be aware of. We've yet to hear the details yet most people as always makes a firm judgment. Even if it is him literally giving out money, companies that are not in any danger do it and people don't assume the worst.

WWE is far from perfect and I fully agree like I said that something should make it more enticing but like I also said even though they should "listen to the fans" what exactly does that mean when not all fans have a shared opinion of what the one concrete correct way is of going about things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back