Can TNA enter the mainstream with the name "Total Nonstop Action"?

No, because the words Total Nonstop Action should sum up what TNA is about. The name gives you the feel that the company is new, exciting, edgy and dynamic. This is the feel they should be going for, because it not only attracts disillusioned fans who see it as new, but it should also attract younger people as it sounds edgy, and people will naturally want to be part of that.

I can understand how the name could be interpreted as childish, but I think the positives of the name vastly outweigh the negatives.

TNA is obviously a pun for T&A and as a result it isn't something that most mainstream observers would take seriously. Indeed, my flatmat used to openly laugh at how ******ed it was, not to mention the fact that Total Nonstop Action doesn't really make any sense as three words.

There are two more pressing matters. The first is that there isn't the word wrestling in there anywhere. It wouldn't be that unlikely for someone to not know what the company was by seeing adverts. They could go with just about anything and then they'd have a better chance of people seeing them as a true wrestling company.

The second is that they're website isn't www.tna.com. It would get more exposure, and it is snappier if it did have that address. I'd suggest that they should go with whatever three letter acronym they can get the web address for and can have "Wrestling" as one of the letters.

For example, Total Wrestling Action isn't very different from the current name and it could easily be changed to. A quick browse tells me that www.twa.com isn't a website and the only other thing called TWA is a defunct airline. I think it covers the bases, would be easy to change to and the website potential is there. T-dub-A can be shouted by the fans too. Make it so, I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back