• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Mickie help out the TNA Knockouts division?

TNA cross the line

Pre-Show Stalwart
IMO the knockout division is not what it once was and now with mickie james being released is there a place for her in TNA personally i would love to see mickie come to TNA and she would be alot better than Tara i think.

Not really. The Knockouts were fine a couple of months ago. If anything it's the Knockouts current booking, Mickie James coming in wouldn't do much, she'd have some interesting fueds but that would be it, all the Knockouts can actually wrestle well, with the exception of Lacey Von Erich

I think there is a place for her... She is one of the most popular divas ever... And she started in TNA as Alexis Laree in Raven's old group...

I'm sure TNA will be all over her, she would add a lot of star power to the division and star power is what Hogan and Easy E are all about... I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaite Burchil join TNA either, just because she's hot... lol

She will not save the Knockouts, but I wouldn't mind seeing her in TNA. Mickie will help them out but she wont save them because they are in no need to be saved. I'm pretty sure that Mickie will go after her singing career and she might return to WWE once she gets tired of singing. Like I said it will be nice to see her in TNA, but I'm sure that it wont happen.

Is this a joke post? The Knockouts, save for the lockbox segment a few weeks back, are among the most interesting parts of wrestling in general. Many of them can wrestle circles around the male wrestlers in either major organization. I really hope TNA treat Mickie, if they do get her, as any other Knockout and not as they did Tara, who came in and ran roughshot over the division. They were basically saying with her that any Diva will be given the golden treatment while Knockouts will have to wait their turn.

Mickie is going off to do country singing. Look, Daffney and Angelina are hurt now but its not like Mickie can show up next week anyways and both will be healthy when she gets eligible anyways.

Meanwhile, you still have Taylor Wilde and Sarita, who we haven't seen on TV lately. You have Tara and the Beautiful people, all of whom (except Lacey) can wrestle. You have ODB, who is unique if nothing else.

The Knockouts, aside from that stupid lockbox segment, have been a strong point and one of the highest rated segments leading up to Lockdown. No reason to add anyone right now.

This is like the Benjamin thread: TNA has so much talent right now that they can't get them all on TV! Until they get another hour on Thursdays for a 'B' show, it doesn't make sense to bring in many new faces just because they were in WWE.......

i admit i got a little dramatic with the thread title but i honestly think that the knockouts are not as good as when it was dominated by kong, gail kim, and odb

She can't save them but she would be a welcome addition. TNA is short on credible female faces. With Angel out and Tara who turned heel and also hurt there are no opponents for Madison Rayne. You do have Sarita,Taylor and Hamada but Taylor gets no pop, Sarita hasn't been on TV in a while and Hamada seems better suited to be a heel.

Mickie joining the KO's would be an excellent move on the part of TNA as she can definitely make an Impact (pun intended). Wrestling-wise, there would be some epic matches between her and Sarita/Hamada and could probably get some good ratings. She's been with the company beforehand and did some pretty crazy things, so I'm sure Mickie wouldn't mind signing a contract if she's still into wrestling.

Mickie could boost the ratings and add some key elements to the division, but TNA shouldn't be absolutely rushing and hounding James to sign a contract. However, it would be good to see Mickie keep on keeping on.

Mickie James would add a lot of intensity to the Knockouts Division. The Knockouts division really doesn't have a huge face competitor anymore since Gail Kim left. The Beautiful People, Tara, and Daffney are heels. Sarita, Wilde, and Hamada are pretty much left out in the dust. ODB is out there in limbo as well. I think Mickie will probably focus more on her singing career now, but anything is possible. I know it will be refreshing to see her wrestle for once instead of being insulted every week. Piggie James is dead.

Hogan has stated many times he's not a big fan of womens wrestling cause they don't draw money. Which I think is pretty obvious considering since he's been in charge the knockout division has gone downhill. So here going there will definitely not save the division. If the boss rather be on the show 5 times than let the women shine there's not much one star can do.

I'm normally one of the people that say TNA has too much talent as it is, but how can you not sign Mickie James? She has been WWE's top female face for years now and will immediately be over enough to give heels instant credibility. Mickie could possibly bring in a teenage or preteen female demographic which equals more viewers. I can't see TNA not signing her. It's a definite in my mind.

Damn...that humiliating program with Michelle McCunt and the other fat bitch and then they release her? WWE's not very nice to its employees I'll give them that.

Can she save the KO division? No. Because they're doing just fine. I think she can even hurt it, I never considered Mickie good. She's just hopping around being all cute, wiggling that big ass of her. But out of the shit pit that the WWE Divas reside in, Mickie was at leas decent and I wouldn't mind seeing her in TNA.

Same goes for Katie Lee Burchill. That chick could SERIOUSLY wrestle, but she wasn't a Barbie doll, which by WWE's standards means she's jobber material.

Whether many of you like it or not, Mickie James is the BIGGEST MAINSTREAM female wrestler in the industry. She has the fan base, the skills and the history to bring ratings.

Now Katie Lea would be a huge add for TNA because I feel she would end up like the Pope. WWE didn't use him well and then TNA struck Gold. Katie Lea is like that. She has skills , could be a monster heel and is great to watch. She jobbed in WWE but I feel she has major potential no one has seen.

So If I were TNA , I would beef up with Katie Lea who will be easy to sign and then make offers to get Mickie.

I could easily see , Katie Lea and Daffney as a credible tag team once Daff heals. And Mickie could instantly bring TNA some 3 Star Knockout matches that have been lost when Gail and Kong went packing.

Another person they need to sing LIKE YESTERDAY Sara Del Rey. She's an amazing wrestler that has a match with KONG in May at a ROH show [ most likely considered to be the female match of the decade .]

But with creative changes likely coming. there is a chance that TNA may beef up the knockouts and stop making them Diva-lites.

Mickey, much like Tara/Victoria was underutilized in the WWE and if she chooses to go to TNA she can only help the knockout division because she is very over with the fans. In turn her own wrestling skills can only get better too there.

When MJ first made the WWE scene way back when she played a psycho obsessive lesbian fan hot for Trish Stratus. She was one of the better divas wrestling ability wise, although that is not really saying a lot but she was far from the worst. Plus she has damn near carried the woman's divisions with Melina always injured and the others who are pretty much eye candy.

Mickie will not "save" the Knockouts because that division does not need saving. The Knockouts are much better than both of WWE's female divisions put together. Plus.... Mickie was JUST released. Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? If she shows up in TNA at all, it won't be for another 90 days. This thread has gone up far too early. I'll give my thoughts nonetheless though. Assuming Mickie does go to TNA then I think it would be good for the Knockouts to work with a big name like Mickie, and she could add more prestige to the division. However, I stand by my previous statement that she won't save the Knockouts due to them not needing to be saved in the first place.

Mickey, much like Tara/Victoria was underutilized in the WWE and if she chooses to go to TNA she can only help the knockout division because she is very over with the fans. In turn her own wrestling skills can only get better too there.

When MJ first made the WWE scene way back when she played a psycho obsessive lesbian fan hot for Trish Stratus. She was one of the better divas wrestling ability wise, although that is not really saying a lot but she was far from the worst. Plus she has damn near carried the woman's divisions with Melina always injured and the others who are pretty much eye candy.

I agree with everything you wrote except her being underutilized. Like you said she basically carried the woman's division. Only Trish has been woman's champion more than her.

I think she would be a great addition, TNA have a lot of knockouts, and I see TNA approaching her, but I don't see her joining TNA, simply because of the reason she wants a career in music.

Her presence certainly couldn't do any damage, that's for damn certain. The Knockout Division is pretty much pointless right now and it's at least been drifting towards pointless for some time now. The Lockbox segment is a perfect example of how overly meaningless the Knockout Division has become. It was an overbooked clusterfuck that all but rendered the TNA Knockout Championship a prop. There've been a lot of hot potato runs with the title lately, the Knockout tag titles serve no real purpose other than to just give someone belts. At this point, the Beautiful People are really the only things going for the Knockouts as far as I'm concerned.

Mickie James is very good inside the ring, she's one of the handful of Divas that actually could wrestle. However, Mickie James turns 31 this summer and I think she's at a point in her life where she wants to do something other than wrestling. She's been working on a country music cd for one thing, so that's a pretty good indicator. If she were to come to TNA, however, I think she could only improve the Knockout Division.

I think it would be a win - win situation, with the lighter schedule she can do outside projects like the Music one, also TNA will get a well known female wrestler, I am not saying she is better than the Knockouts but better known around the World because of the WWE, so that adds to it, also I thing she will improve her technique now battling people that actually has years of experience in the wrestling world instead of a few months, she would not be there to teach the girls how to do things, she will be there with girls that know how to go already and that can only improve the quality of the matches.

If she ever goes there I would love to see her go one on one with Taylor Wilde (if they decide to allow her to go back to work), that one would be awesome.

She would definitely be an asset to the Knockouts division. The real question though is whether she even wants to continue wrestling or if she's wanting to focus on her music career. How her record does will more than likely affect her choice.

I personally would love to see Mickie in TNA. If anything, TNA gets a new face added to what I percieve as a heel-heavy KO division. If Mickie also decides to continue her music career and if she's still passionate about wrestling, she definitely could do both considering TNA's lighter schedule. She's still very popular and could possibly help TNA get more viewers who want to see if she can hang with the incredible talent they have.

The Knockout Division is strong enough as it is now, not that new additions wouldn't be good, I just don't think it would really change anything in a big way. Of course you would have the initial impact of that addition but long term I wouldn't see it as a big deal. It would just be another knockout from WWE, and that wouldn't make it necessarily any better or worse because it doesn't matter who it is, it's what they are doing with who they have.

If they could find some new or innovative way to use Mickie James than I would say she would have some kind of long term impact. However since they could really do that with anyone, I don't see it as any kind of acquisition that would make TNA get any kind of edge over WWE. Of course I could be proven wrong on that in some time, but it would be a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back