Can It Get Any Worse?

Tougie

WZ Sexual Panther
Couldnt think of a good title so feel free to comment on it:suspic:

Anyway, watching Impact for whatever reason and they show before break that GenMe and Ink Inc. have a match. So instead of still selling it up that GenMe have destroyed the Guns so bad they're still out and that they are a clear threat to them, they show the Guns walking down the hallway???? Really?!?!?! Come on even WWE knows if someone returns they just do it and kick someones ass. Why would you ruin the match? It hasent aired at this point but I'll bet my left nut GenMe gets attacked by the Guns.

So as it has for me, has showing the Guns backstage when they have "been destroyed in recent weeks by GenMe" taken away from the fued at all in your opinion? Makes them seem like less of a threat, kinda like a Nexus and John Cena. (Easiest Comparasion)

Completely agree with you, TNA completely murders their storylines, just look at BFG. Kurt Angle's "career is on the line" but Dixie Carter just announced that he signed a one year contract extension. They completely ruin everything they set their hands to, which can mean only one thing....

We're TNA haters

Well, TNA could've kept it a surprise. Don't announce that The Guns are in the building, just have the match and WHAMO their music hits and they jump in the ring - things continue as they did. That's what kind of annoyed me. They did it to keep the viewers, but still, it was pretty stupid.

But, I don't know if you saw, Shelley was holding his neck during the entire promo, and GenMe escaped as soon as they guns came down the ramp. So I think you should've waited to see the match and post-match stuff before you made the thread.

The Guns look just as good as they did before. Heels always get the upper hand until the culmination of the match. That's what makes the faces' win that much sweeter.

I don't really think it ruined anything. I think it was supposed to create the whole "Oh damn, shit's about to hit the fan" kind of atmosphere.

Also, about the whole "making GenMe look weak" thing. I understand your logic, but I don't think GenMe look like any type of threat. They're the most bland of heels. There's no unique heel look. There's no intimidating size, music, or aura about them. As a matter of fact, when stood side by side, MCMG looks like they could fuck up GenMe all sorts of ways.

I really don't see the problem. GenMe attacked Motor City last week but didn't leave them on the shelf. Just because a wrestler lays out another one it doesn't mean that we won't see them for weeks. GenMe attacked the Guns and laid them out last week and this week the Guns came out to attack GenMe. It's simple. This happens every week on pretty much every wrestling show known to man. Orton gets an advantage one week, Sheamus gets an advantage the next. It's not that critical.

The other problem is that it's the MCMG's against the new Hardy boys without the talent. Who really cares? In that post match they sold being "sore" but honestly, who cares.

The other problem is that it's the MCMG's against the new Hardy boys without the talent. Who really cares? In that post match they sold being "sore" but honestly, who cares.

Oh, THAT'S the problem? GenMe, an incredibly TALENTED young team against MCMG? That's the problem? ... idiot. You've never seen a MCMG vs GenMe match, have you?

I don't see any problem with Alex Shelley being their he was not seriously injured and he was off TV for a couple weeks and this happens all the time in wrestling one person or in this case gets the upper hand, then next week the other team gets the advantage. I really don't see anything to complain about pertaining to what happened between these two teams on Impact.

Oh, THAT'S the problem? GenMe, an incredibly TALENTED young team against MCMG? That's the problem? ... idiot. You've never seen a MCMG vs GenMe match, have you?

I see his point, although he was probably to generic in calling them talentless, GenMe is great in the ring, but they have the personality and charisma of an elbow pad.

While their matches are good, the whole rivalry and story is quite weak

I see his point, although he was probably to generic in calling them talentless, GenMe is great in the ring, but they have the personality and charisma of an elbow pad.

While their matches are good, the whole rivalry and story is quite weak

Well, they're kind of even in my book. Hardy's can't talk to save their lives, and same goes for GenMe. However, GenMe can go in the ring better than the Hardy's. Then you have looks - Hardy's looked cool ( Attitude Era ), these guys look too much like indy fodder. So ... eh.

And yeah, I agree. The story is weak, but what more can you do with two tag-teams. It's pretty basic. Heel turn, attack, they steal a belt, MCMG get it back, greasy assholes run away, yada yada. Classic stuff. At least they get some mic time, they really need it. Hopefully their match at BFG will be bangin'.

See that's the problem with wrestling nowadays people have their own idea of what wrestling is! And the what's wrong with this, half of these people couldn't book/write a kids play!

This really bothers me! Do people even watch Pro Wrestling for entertainment anymore? Or does everybody have to be a second guesser or a Monday Morning Quaterback!

One of two things have to happen, People either are going to have to try an enjoy the art of Professional Wrestling or the art has to change!Because people don't seem to be enjoying it as they used to! And as a long time Pro Wrestling fan thats kinda scary!

Because people are picking apart things based on what they want to see and with millions watching! That's not very realistic!There somebody always not happy with something, no matter how small that something might be! It's just so frustrating! Just try to enjoy the art of Pro Wrestling and stop looking for small insignificant things to complain about!

So the main thing we all learned here is the IWC wanting younger wrestlers. TNA starts pushing them. But they are untalented and generic.

If they signed Matt Hardy and brought back the Hardy Boyz tomorrow, they would be old, fat and useless.

Just sayin'

I dont really know how this turned into a GenMe hate thread but aside from that still it would have made sense for the Guns just to come out and chase them off while still selling their injuries. Instead of "Here are the Guns. We're showing them before their rivals match because there is no chance they are gonna try to get involved." Just makes no sense, should have simply had them interfere.

So the main thing we all learned here is the IWC wanting younger wrestlers. TNA starts pushing them. But they are untalented and generic.

If they signed Matt Hardy and brought back the Hardy Boyz tomorrow, they would be old, fat and useless.

Just sayin'

That's because GenMe is generic (not talentless)

And The Hardy's ARE old, fat, and useless

That's because GenMe is generic (not talentless)

And The Hardy's ARE old, fat, and useless

And that's why your not working in any wrestling promotion. Two 33 year olds are certainly old. Considering that's generally the time a wrestler or sports player enters his prime. You think Hogan was some 20 year old stud when he became an icon? C'mon Son.

Gen Me is generic...Like Nexus? Rhodes? Tyler Black? You want me to continue?

If TNA signed a bunch of 30 year olds that weren't generic, you will still complain.

Reactions: TLC
I fail to see the problem. Generation Me got the win, right? The Guns made their comeback, right? Is it really that important for it to be a surprise as opposed to giving you anticipation? Before the match between Ink Inc and Generation Me, The Guns were shown heading to the ring. It tells you that they will obviously interfere. But the key element is when? They had their match, and eventually The Guns came for revenge, but you never knew when. You just knew they were coming. I fail to see the illogical issue here.

Is it a norm to surprise you instead of anticipating and guessing when somebody's gonna attack? If so, I thank TNA for breaking that norm.

Reactions: TLC
And that's why your not working in any wrestling promotion. Two 33 year olds are certainly old. Considering that's generally the time a wrestler or sports player enters his prime. You think Hogan was some 20 year old stud when he became an icon? C'mon Son.

Gen Me is generic...Like Nexus? Rhodes? Tyler Black? You want me to continue?

If TNA signed a bunch of 30 year olds that weren't generic, you will still complain.

Generation Me is generic because they come out with bland, mid 90's Hardy tights and plain old white Nikes. They have no presence on the microphone or any remote aspect of character. Say what you want about Nexus, but even Michael Tarver has a unique look, so no they're unlike Nexus. As far as Cody Rhodes, he's got a decent character that's working for him, while it's not the most original, he's not cookie cutter. And as far as Tyler Black goes I really haven't seen enough of him to judge.

Now as far as the Hardy's being old, it's not their age, as you pointed out Hogan wasn't in his 20's in his prime, hell CM Punk is in his 30's now. What makes the Hardy's washed up is that their prime IS OVER. Jeff Hardy is a spot monkey who's slowing down and probably going to jail, while Matt is just bat sh*t crazy

I dont really know how this turned into a GenMe hate thread but aside from that still it would have made sense for the Guns just to come out and chase them off while still selling their injuries. Instead of "Here are the Guns. We're showing them before their rivals match because there is no chance they are gonna try to get involved." Just makes no sense, should have simply had them interfere.

I get what you are saying. Why show MCMG backstage and kill the surprise of them just running out? Same thing with Mickie James. Why show her getting to the impact zone and lose the surprise of her just coming out? I think it is to keep viewers. Also another reason I think is to kinda go away from the normal and make it more real. I think plays into the whole reaction concept. A we always have camera running back stage kind of thing. If we know something we will show you. It wasn't like any of these things were hiding in a box waiting to come out at the last minute. If a football player is making a return you dont find out when they run onto the field for the first play. I just think if there is something happening backstage that will effect what we are seeing on tv TNA will show us. I'm sure there are times when this has not happened. If "they" end up being a new group of wrestlers having them run down the ramp and attacking you would just think people should have seen them before this moment.

I think it is just away to take a new way of taking wrestling. The surprise comes from backstage segments not run ins. It makes it more realistic IMO. Why wouldn't backstage camera men and "reporters" show us when something is happening or someone is about to hit the ring or someone is planning something? Why wouldn't someone see someone who is making a return? It's just a way of showing a more realistic kind of style of wrestling.

So short answers, real reason: hold fans over the break. Kayfabe: make everything seem more real.

OP...

I totally agree...

They completely ruined the moment I believe. You already knew what was going to happen. It was a bad decision on TNA's part. It just goes to show they don't look at the Guns as any kind of a draw or much of an asset at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back