• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can a Knockout be a part of "Immortal"?

Hulk Hogan's Brother

Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!
I was reading the TNA TV shows aftermath and review thread and most people who reviewed TNA's 9/12 episode rated it as a good show. They were particularly pleased with the main event and some have even called it TNA's best main event in quite some time. I myself watched the match and I would say that it is among the top 5 women's wrestling matches I have ever seen.

So all this got me thinking as to why can't a knockout be a part of the "Immortal". Yes there is the age-old arguement that women's wrestlers do not draw. But a stable like the "Immortals" contains enough big names to be considered a good draw. By including a female performer into the "Immortal" stable, the TNA creative would actually be promoting their women's division on the back of the "Immortal" stable. Also the women of TNA wrestling are great wrestlers and the addition of a good wrestler always strengthens a stable regardless of the gender.

From a storyline viewpoint, it makes a lot of sense too. The Immortals want absolute control of the company, something which involves winning all the titles in the company. So why neglect the Knockouts title? It will be a great way to promote the women's division if the Knockouts title is brought into the main story arc and the main storyline, in TNA's case, happens to be the "Immortal storyline. Also Mickie James is a somewhat well known name outside the sphere of wrestling too. If she plays the part of the main protagonist or the main antagonist in this angle, it could boost up the ratings too.

As I mentioned earlier historically, women's wrestling has never been considered a draw. But TNA have the division to make it count. It is their chance to actually prove history wrong for a change and show that ANY division can be considered a draw if the company is ready to invest time in it.

So what do you think, can a knockout be a part of the "Immortals"?

The answer should be pretty damn obvious. Yes of course a TNA knockout can be a part of Immortal. It's all about booking it to make sense, and her fitting into the storyline of Immortal.

Not sure who could be fitted into the situation. But I'd say it's more than doable. Immortal if you ask me isn't some power faction in the way that it's all the powerful superior ones in the faction. Jeff Hardy is far from a powerful superior wrestler when it comes to credibility by default. Yet he's their leader, so obviously someone from the Knockout Division could easily be brought in and used as a part of Immortal.

You raise an excellent point about how Immortal's "hold the gold" agenda should not ignore the Knockouts Title. With the current champ, Madison, being a heel it really wouldn't be a big deal for her to just slide right into the group. However, that would almost be too easy and wouldn't get anyone's attention. Here are my top three ideas:

1. With Mickie now the top contender for the Knockouts Title, Madison gets nervous and goes to Bischoff to make a deal. She gets the political power of Immortal and Gunner/Murphy as her bodyguards in exchange for pledging allegiance to Immortal. It adds a little more pop to her joining the group as it puts Mickie over as a huge theat (which her performance last night validates).

2. Bischoff could play up his "anything for ratings" attitude and handpick Velvet, clearly the best eye candy in TNA, to be Immortal's Knockout rep. The fact that she's the weakest in-ring performer would make it even more infuriating to see her escape matches with the gold thanks to Immortal's interference and screwjobs.

3. They could tweak Daffney's gimmick a bit and make her a really solid companion for Abyss or even Hardy, which would also make her Immortal's Knockout. She's better than Velvet in the ring but could still benefit from the political power and have a solid run against Mickie or Angelina.

I think it could work, why shouldnt a KO be in Immortal if she is dominating the womens division just as Hardy is doing in the heavyweight ranks?

The question would be who would fit into this?? I could see Tara taking on a position in Immortal or The Beautiful People, but at the moment they are involved in other storylines, so the timing isnt right.

So that leaves Madison Rayne, and as a heel already she would fit just fine into the ranks of Immortal. To be honest, I am surprised Hogan hasnt booked himself to be surrounded by gorgeous Knockouts anyway haha

But yeah, why not?

I would love the idea of placing a Knockout into Immortal. Only my pick to be that Knockout would be Mickie James. I think she would do very well as a heel (thinking back to her start in WWE with Trish Stratus).

2. Bischoff could play up his "anything for ratings" attitude and handpick Velvet, clearly the best eye candy in TNA, to be Immortal's Knockout rep. The fact that she's the weakest in-ring performer would make it even more infuriating to see her escape matches with the gold thanks to Immortal's interference and screwjobs

Of the three ideas you mentioned, Rasha, I liked this one a lot. Maybe you can show it as Hogan taking a fancy to Velvet because she is so sexy and then going on to ensure that Velvet keeps the Knockout strap at any cost.

Either way if they plan out this angle, Mickie should be the top face of the division because of her mainstream popularity.

Yes, a Knockout can be in Immortal and there should be. But only if TNA wants to go along the "total-domination-with-all-belts-in-Immortal" story which I would like to watch *if most the belts are in Fortune's side of things...*

Tara and Madison seem the best two contenders for the main heel Knockouts to join Immortal, you could maybe have both of them in Immortal IF TNA decide to keep the tag team belts *which they shouldn't* then factor in Sarita or here a heel Hamada or Wilde would have been good but now that isn't possible eh...

I think the more pertinent question is Should a Knockout be given a spot in Immortal? I think it could happen in the future, but I dont see the need for it. I think a KO would have been a better fit in Fortune.

I can't see it happening. I think the cracks will begin to appear in the factions soon enough. There's no point adding to it because it wouldn't benefit anyone.

Well no kidding a Knockout can join the Immortal group. But is it needed? No. Not one bit. For a long time, the Knockouts have standed alone with no in-ring connection to the Heavyweights. Why start now? It's enough with the fact that whenever Immortal comes out as a whole, it's about 11 different people in the ring. Any time a figure gets added, regardless of division, it takes away from the group. Just remember when the MEM added Traci Brooks. Ignoring how that went, even though it may have looked good on paper, it was never good on the actual execution. Things are OK the way they are. Let's not add weight were it's not needed.

3. They could tweak Daffney's gimmick a bit and make her a really solid companion for Abyss or even Hardy, which would also make her Immortal's Knockout. She's better than Velvet in the ring but could still benefit from the political power and have a solid run against Mickie or Angelina.

I was actually about to say the same thing until I read your post, did you see how over Daffney was with the crowd last night on impact. I think she'd be a perfect fit for Hardy or Abyss and perfect for Abyss. She's a strange individual and in my opinon the best diva for the spot unless they bring back in Awesome Kong.....

Kind of a silly question. Absolutely a KO could be a part of Immortal. the key in the situation is finding a storyline that fits to allow her to enter. It would need to be booked in a way that it was mutually beneficial for both, not just as eye candy for Ric Flair and friends to ogle.

Anyway, Immortal expressed last night, as should be their goal, their desire to have all the gold in TNA. They didn't say all of the men's titles, they said all of the gold. After going through Tara last night, one would assume that Mickie and Madison are on for the near future, perhaps Genesis. If Mickie comes out victorious, she'ld be a great fit. She's shown she can be incredibly heelish before, especially during her first year with WWE. Give Mickie the incentive that someone watches over all her title defenses at ringside(even an Abyss), and there's your motivation for her joining Immortal. Her logic for taking the easy road would be that she busted her ass here in TNA and was cut-off at every stop by Tara, and deserves to have an easier road now as champion. So sure, a KO could easily fit into Fourtune, if it makes sense storyline wise. It happened before when Traci Brooks joined the MEM, and when Kurt Angle used TBP to get their hands on Karen. So its not without precedence, and can be done again if done right.

Im not sure it should be done though, because even if the storyline and faction plays out for some time, members have already started to branch off, and divides are starting to show between the current members, such as AJ being ripped for losing his title. So while it could be done, and even done well, I dont believe it should be.

Well no kidding a Knockout can join the Immortal group. But is it needed? No. Not one bit. For a long time, the Knockouts have standed alone with no in-ring connection to the Heavyweights. Why start now?

TNA have a great KO division, possibly as good as any promotion has ever had a women's division. Bringing them into the main storyline arc, which in TNA's case happens to be the Immortal storyline will give them a lot of exposure and allow fans to connect with them better. It would also raise the prestige of the KO belt if Immortal started chasing it.

It's enough with the fact that whenever Immortal comes out as a whole, it's about 11 different people in the ring. Any time a figure gets added, regardless of division, it takes away from the group. Just remember when the MEM added Traci Brooks. Ignoring how that went, even though it may have looked good on paper, it was never good on the actual execution. Things are OK the way they are. Let's not add weight were it's not needed.

Yes on paper it does look like there are too many members. But Hogan, Bischoff and Flair are merely authority figures and managers who are the brains behind the group. Not active in ring competitiors. Jeff Hardy is the main eventer of the group while AJ Styles is the upper midcard guy. Abyss is the muscle of the group and is not chasing any title. Same with Jarrett. He has won all the titles he possibly could and is at the moment more interested in making fun of Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe. I'm not sure what they would do with Jarrett though. Beer Money is the tag team in the group while Kazarian is the guy after the X-Division title.

So everyone in the group does have an agenda at their hands. Also as LSN80 mentioned the aim of Immortal is to hold all gold in TNA. Not just the men's titles. So I think that a knockout would fit perfectly in the group. The only thing that is in excess in this group is the authority figures and that is the only reason that this group is looking big. The authority figures are in surplus and I do not understand why so many are needed.

I would actually pick Tara to be a part of this group. Because she is not only an eye candy but also a woman who could be very useful in combat. Just imagine her trying to run over babyfaces who stand in Immortals' way with her bike. ;)

If TNA had decided to dispose the Women's Tag Title I could see a Knockout joining Immortal. But now at least two Knockouts had to join Immortal, so the stable can get all the gold. And with the small size of the KO division I can't see two female members of Immortal.

The idea makes sense. I think the knockout that makes the most sense ritenow, storyline-wise is Velvet Sky.

Think about it: Angelina has something goin with Wynter rightnow. Velvet seemed kinda pissed lastnite when she finally saw Wynter for the 1st time. Saying something along the lines of: You two looked pretty close. Then you have Sarita talking trash to Velvet about how she always runs back to Angelina when she needs help & she cant do anything on her own. Less then (or maybe a little more then) a month ago- Velvet was on a mission to win matches. But she seemed to struggle in most (if not all) of those matches.

Im going with: Velvet is sick of losing & playing 2nd fiddle to Angelina. With Love having a "new friend" & all the smack talk from Sarita, being the 2 straws that broke the camels back. Velvet makes a deal with Immortal. She gets the belt & makes a run with it for a while, with the help of Immortal in some way, shape or form.

In my own little fantasy world- Immortal turns her into even more of a ****. The way Brian Pillman turned Marlena. Maybe something like this happens after she loses the gold, but wants to remain in Immortal- cuz of all the "perks" she gets, by being part of the group. If she wants to remain part of the group, well...shes gonna have to pay the piper...or pipers...so to speak ;)

Just a thought

Im thinking it would of been great role for Lacey Von Erich to play. but now that she is gone i cant see any knockout in this role.i can see immortal and fortune using knock outs for certain things but not an actual member

Good question.
My first thought was The Beautiful People. They are 'over' and have the arrogance that fits into the IMMORTAL gimmick. But other posters have pointed out the split in story between AL and VS that I had not thought about. The suggestion ofr madison joining now that her bodyguard Tara has 'failed' is a good one. Could they pull a Rhino with someone like Taylor and have her join IMMORTALS to save her job?
OTOH they had Miss Tessmacher and they dropped her so maybe they do not see a woman fitting with the group.

The idea makes sense. I think the knockout that makes the most sense ritenow, storyline-wise is Velvet Sky.

Think about it: Angelina has something goin with Wynter rightnow. Velvet seemed kinda pissed lastnite when she finally saw Wynter for the 1st time. Saying something along the lines of: You two looked pretty close. Then you have Sarita talking trash to Velvet about how she always runs back to Angelina when she needs help & she cant do anything on her own. Less then (or maybe a little more then) a month ago- Velvet was on a mission to win matches. But she seemed to struggle in most (if not all) of those matches.

Im going with: Velvet is sick of losing & playing 2nd fiddle to Angelina. With Love having a "new friend" & all the smack talk from Sarita, being the 2 straws that broke the camels back. Velvet makes a deal with Immortal. She gets the belt & makes a run with it for a while, with the help of Immortal in some way, shape or form.

That's actually a good idea.

Velvet has been getting over as a face but IMO she excels as a heel. I wouldn't want to see TBP to break up again but if done right it could work if they chose to do an angle like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back