• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Call Out Fees For Emergency Services

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
It came to me just a second ago. I don't know how. My mind wonders sometimes. It's a basic idea, it's had all of 30 seconds of thought, it probably has a million holes, and won't work. But I'll say it anyway. Call out fees for emergency services. Now don't think I'm on about for a huge accident. It's more for people who waste time. You hear stories of people calling them up for stuff that isn't important, or things they could sort themselves. This would all but eliminate that. If people know they'll get a bill, they'll think twice about calling. Shouldn't effect the people who need them, unless they drink stupid juice.

Personally, I think fees for all health care is in order. Given that it's pretty damn impossible to get an appointment because people have the sniffles and want a doctors appointment rather than paying the 65p for paracetamol because they have a sore head. A small fee would discourage people abusing the system. I've the same view on prescription charges. Why shouldn't people pay a small contribution towards the medicine they pay, say £1 per drug, rather than making some people pay almost £7 for items, and others pay nothing. Again, it would stop unnecessary costs to a health system and allow for other services to be financed.

I agree with what Jake is saying about the health fees. Its a pain to go see your doctor when you have a real problem, such as an bad infection or serious illness because you have people running to the gp with a small cough or sniffle.

Its not so bad round ehre(Leeds for example), if people have a cough or sniffle, they work around it and go to the chemists.

Its the dentists thata re hard to find nowadays :(

People who go to the doctors with the sniffles need putting to sleep. It's a clod. Everybody , of every age gets them. Yes they are uncomfortable, But if a 100 year old person or a week old baby can survive, so can the average person.

But that's exactly how it should work. If you go to the doctors with a runny nose. You should get looked at like a piece of shit and get given a bill. I think £25 is perfectly acceptable. Most people would rather save the money than waste peoples time that way. £75 for an ambulance.

Yea, but if they charging 25 for a sniffle, what about serious infections? :)

And you know some government do gooder is going to whine so it will never happen :)

Hell, they are trying to get the Yorkshire ripper out, fucking idiots.

Even the likes of £5 an appointment would put people off going to the doctors for something minor. And trust me when I say this, a pharmacist is more than capable of treating the likes of a cold. I think the general misunderstanding of people is too blame. The average person thinks cold = antibiotics = visit to the doctor needed, when in actual fact all they need is some painkillers and a cup of tea in bed for a while. It's actually quite insulting when people don't think a pharmacist is up to treating something as serious as a cold.

I agree with you in principle Jake. So many people call out emergency services for no real reason. Ouch a paper cut, I'll phone an ambulance. It defies the object of an emergency service. And we all hear about ambulances being needed for real emergencies such as road accidents. And if they weren't busy tending to your 'paper cut' there could be more medical assistance helping lives.

The problem is, it'd be impossible for their to be a boundary that was undebatable. An emergency to one may not be the same to another. Things get in the way, and people in Britain would never agree to this, therefore I don't think it'd ever happen.

I don't go to the doctor for little things. Like a cold, or a sore throat, stuff like that. If I have a symptom for what I feel is too long, then I'll go.

I don't think they would ever charge a fee for calling an ambulance for something dumb. If you did, you'd have to expand it to all services.

Police, Firefighters, anytime they got a dumb call, they would charge.

It'll never happen, but I think giving a ticket for calling any city service frivolously would be good. If the paramedics deem you didn't really need them there, it's a 25 dollar fine. It would boost the economy, too.

Yeah you know its really annoying when you go to a doctor with strep throat or the flu and there is someone there wasting time with a small cut or cough or small cold.To be honest it is plain friggin stupid.Think how much more people would think if doctors charged a ten-dollar bill for something like that.They would think,I can go out and cure this with a OTC medicine and not waste ten bucks.It would really help.But I know in the U.S. the economy is messed friggin' up and it will never happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back