• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cade and Murdoch to ECW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Speaking of Rhodes he is also pushing for Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch to move to the ECW brand after WrestleMania. Rhodes is said to really be impressed with both of these superstars.

I think this is not a good move for Cade and Murdock i rather seem them go to Smackdown! but if this does happen i can see them being the ECW Tag Team champions since they are to get ECW tag team belts. Yet i dont see tem getting much air time on TV and it be just liek they are on RAW now not doing much just wasting away. So i think its a bad move as it wont benefit them much after thier simi push is over or if they even get a simi push if they go to ECW. What you all think?

The last thing WWE need's is another tag title. They cant manage the other two properly. They have two hour's a week on Raw and Smackdown and PPV's. ECW has one hour and one PPV every six month's. Pointless. And I dont see the point in moving Cade & Murdock. Who are they going to feud with? Heel's La Resistance and Heel's FBI?

I think this is a very bad move from Dusty Rhodes. Instead of pushing for a useless tag team title, when on the contrary the two existing ones should be merged into one that would be defended on every show, he should have pushed for a mid-card title, like the TV Title.

The TV Title would allow fast rising superstars like Elijah Burke, CM Punk, Kevin Thorn, and even established ones like RVD or Sabu to gain a little credibility and have some sort of meaning on the show. They would throw in some lower card people from Raw and Smackdown that aren't in the Cruiserweight division as well to compete for the title. This would make ECW a little more interesting in my opinion.

I agree with most of your comments there guys, but this could be a good move. Cade and Murdoch have a very rough style and are still relatively green in the ring, so having them work with some of the other tag teams in ECW will be good. Also, it really isn't just FBI and La Resistance, because you know the New Breed (Thorn, Burke, Cor Von, Striker) will probly tag, you know that the Originals (Sandman, Sabu, RVD, Dreamer) will tag, probly Sabu & RVD (if he stays), plus they could move over a team like Deuce and Domino to ECW, because they still need a lot of time to work on their skills IMO.

Though, overall I agree it's pointless really though considering they can't properly manage the other two tag titles they have.

Hhmm I kinda like this idea. My main concern is that they'll just job to the other teams on the brand... but I don't think Dusty would let that happen. I'm a fan of Cade and Murdoch though, so I would not mind seeing this.

I don't think it's a bad idea to put Tag titles on ECW, but right now might not be the best time for it, they would be better off to bring in a mid-card title before tag titles, then somewhere done the road bring in the tag titles, as for Cade and Murdoch going to ECW, I just don't get it, why?, other than to compete in the new tag division I just don't see what they have to offer ECW

ECW needs a solid roster before they try to bring in a tag division. RVD and Sabu are on their way out, so that pretty much kills the new breed and origianals fued. Not to mention that takes two of the top guys out of the roster. Holly needs to exit for surgery soon, so he's going for a period of time. Test is out. There have been talks of moving Punk to Raw. Why worry about tag teams when there is going to be no one left for singles action. This makes no sense to me.

Another tag team wouldn't help ECW at all. They really need help filling out their roster with another top heel and putting a heel tag team would make no sense and wouldn't help them at all. Rhodes knows talent but he has to know when and when not to put somebody on another brand. The World Tag Titles are dying on RAW because they're trying to get the WrestleMania main event guys over, and on Smackdown, London and Kendrick have been carrying it for forever. It's time for them to get the belts off of HBK & Cena and get some life in their division. As for ECW, Suzymbc is completely correct. RVD and Sabu don't look like they're staying but if they do, they should be turned heel. Of course, they're made to be jobbers not just because of the drugs incident, but because Bobby Lashley is going over and getting shoved down our throats now..just another white-meat babyface champion IMO. The last thing ECW needs to worry about is a tag team division. All the other tag teams on ECW showed up at the beginning but they haven't been appearing for a long time now.

No. Raw needs more tag teams right now, there are not enough and who will the hardy boyz fued with? If anything they need to merge the belts into one and have them defended on all 3 brands. That would make for more tag teams, more fueds and better ratings as more talent will be on all 3 shows.

I think that a tag team needs to be moved to ECW. Raw has about 4 that arent being used at all that could be winning matches and maybe even boosting ECW's popularity a bit. They could send over Cade and Murdoch, or The Highlanders, or Cryme Tyme, WGTT, Vis and Val..... there are so many good teams that they could send over and they dont do it because they need those teams to job to Cena every week. Raw doesnt need those teams because they push them for about 1 show and then they forget about them. There is no tag division anymore so i think that those tag teams should get an opportunity to fight in ECW.

I like Cade and Murdoch.I think there are better suited on Raw.There is no tag teams in ECW.There should unite the tag titles between Raw and Smackdown and then the champions can defend on any brand at any time.The Hardyz have been wrestling on Smackdown lately anyway do why not.Hardyz,WGTT,Cryme Time,Cade/Murdoch,Highlanders,Deuce and Domino,Kendrick/London,Regal/Taylor,reform the FBI and what a tag team division you have all gunning for the gold.It would really make the tag titles mean something and you wouldn't have to just keep throwing singles guys together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back