Bye Bye Big Zeke

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Ezekiel Jackson released a statement a little while ago stating that his contract with WWE expired yesterday.
In July 2008 I made my #smackdown television debut with "Thee Brian Kendrick"… much love to TBK for seeking me out and choosing me. I was fulfilling a dream I had as an 8 yr old kid who saw and fell in love with professional wrestling for the first time through my neighbors window in #Guyana South America… On April 6th 2014 my contract expired so #WrestleMania 30 was #bittersweet. I thank God for all the blessings he's bestowed upon me in the last 7 years. In my time in the #wwe I became the last #ECW Champion and a one time Intercontinental Champion… I've also traveled the world given the opportunity to do what I love. Encountering some of the most passionate and reliable fans in the world… I am deeply appreciative to Vincent McMahon and the #WWE for allowing a snotty nose lickle bai from Victory Valley Linden Guyana to live out my childhood dream on the highest level. #Godspeed to the company and all of my friends and colleagues. #beblessed Extremely excited for the next chapter in my life. I'm looking forward to this new season…. I'm still 290 pounds and #healthy. I can be reached for bookings, sponsorship and signings through my manager at: [email protected] #Godbless"[/B]

Big Zeke's been plagued by injury for a couple of years really, I'm not exactly sure what the injuries have been. I'm guessing that Zeke wasn't making huge money and, as a result, WWE simply allowed his contract to expire rather than release him outright.

I was one of the few that actually kind of liked Big Zeke when he was around. Sure, he was limited in the ring, but there's always something fun about power guys that can just throw opponents around. However, between his injuries and the rise of better power guys such as Ryback and Big E, Zeke became totally expendable. Hopefully he finds some success somewhere, because I think we probably won't be seeing him again in mainstream wrestling.

Zeke had his greatest success in ECW, right before the brand folded for good. He was portrayed as a dominant heel big man with a smart and evil manager, William Regal. He got to hold the ECW Championship as the final crowned champion, and never had to defend or lose it. It's impossible to know if he would have been any good as the focal point of ECW, but judging by his work as Intercontinental Champion and feud with Wade Barrett, I doubt he would have made waves.

Zeke did not have a very exciting move set, and he was pretty bad on the microphone. While he had a goodl ook and could convey intensity, he didn't have enough of a character to even begin a real storyline. I was wondering when he would get released, as I felt he did all he could do in the company. Too bad we'll never see his facepainted tag team with Mason Ryan that so many were hoping for.

He was ok but him going isn't a big deal. Last ECW champ was clearly meant to be a big deal. IC champ and feuded with Barrett way back when he was kind off relevant but injuries really stopped him doing anything massive. Moreover, there are many better "big" guys. Look at guys like Harper and Big E who are big superstars but are so damn impressive. Being above 6 foot and having big muscles isn't enough anymore.

I dont see why any one would care for Zeke. Hes just another Mark Henry. Big E, R Truth and Viscera wannabee just prancing around showing his steroid filled muscles, yet lacking sooooooooooooooooooooo much skill in the ring. Bye bye Zeke with both hands waving.

Unfortunately for Big Zeke,he wasnt healthy enough for him to grow on any of us. A powerhouse no doubt,who easily powerslammed the big show a couple of times. he was very good as a heel,with Sir William Regal at his side,the last ECW Champion.. He was a okay IC champion,had he stayed healthy who knows what would have been in store for him. Good luck to him whatever the future holds

Booo. I liked him. He was big. He was black. Team him with Mason Ryan and have them crush the tag division. Wrestlers are just too small these days, man.

Those title reigns of his were just a massive waste of time though, weren't they!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back