Burial of The Hitman: Exposing the real Bret Hart

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
[YOUTUBE]0RaCObFNYQ0[/YOUTUBE]

I loved Bret Hart in the 90's, but this video was compelling :(

This was rough. They spoke candidly as hell on Bret

[youtube]YdFts7aNNsM[/youtube]

Most of these involve Bret basically taking the business too seriously, which is something you pretty much always hear about him.

Some do seem rather difficult to believe, because of the people speaking at the time, but most of them are easy to believe based around his reputation for taking things serious.

As for his flip-flopping opinions, I attribute it to day-to-day, some days, he'll say one thing, another he'll say something different. Bitterness also plays a role in that as well of course.

Saw the whole thing, feel a little guilty about it but all of this is mostly true.

Get well soon Bret, I kinda like your whining.

That wasn't what I would call "time well spent". Basically; some jack-off created a compilation of cherry picked criticisms, which I will now analyze because apparently a case of mass hysteria is taking over this thread. You're not "exposing" Bret by reflecting on the fact that he was mad about the Montreal Screwjob, or offering insights from people who thought he lacked mic skills.

Macho Man is sick of hearing about how Bret Hart was screwed. Alrighty, he's setting up a match. Maybe it was a shoot, but whatever. It's about as compelling as watching Scott Steiner rail against Ric Flair. I'm pretty sure that Bret Hart's WCW based "I got screwed" promos were encouraged by Eric Bischoff. Bret Hart is a mark unto himself? Was Bret Hart the guy that released a piss-poor rap album in an effort to get laid? I love Macho Man, rest his soul, but he had no place accusing someone else of marking too hard on their own behalf.

Ric Flair on Off the Record comments on how he doesn't like that Bret "whined" about the Montreal Screwjob. We're seeing a pattern here. The shithead who slapped that video together did a google search of interviews regarding The Montreal Screwjob and painstakingly padded his video with them.

Vince McMahon's comments rate as high with me as the banter blaring from conservative talk radio every morning. I realize that he was around for most of what's being used to annihilate Bret's character in that vid, I also realize that Vince McMahon is an abomination of a human being. It's pretty fucking abominable that Vince wants to imply that Bret cared more about his reputation than the life of Owen, but that's Vince. Moving on.

Allen Coage states that Bret Hart believed his own bs, which is fair. I personally believe that Allen Coage was one of the most humble performers in the WWF. I'm not shocked that Bret believed his own bs, and I don't see why that should diminish his popularity. One dimensional? Sure, during the time he worked with Allen Coage. The whole US vs Canada thing helped him show some range. Fair points, but nothing that could "expose" Bret Hart.

Wayne fucking Farris? Are you shitting me? Let's break that one down; Wayne Farris was drunk of his fucking ass and decided to rail against Bret Hart for an off the cuff criticism that had been made decades before the shoot interview. Pro-wrestling's version of Corky Thacher rips on Bret for being impotent as a side effect of a stroke. Does anyone want to defend that worthless ass-hat? In a nutshell; the most worthless fuck who ever laced his boots is bitter that his friendship with Hogan never earned him a world title spot. All credibility was lost when I saw that this segment was pasted in there. Nobody is trying to expose Honky Tonk Man because nobody gives a flying fuck about some botched abortion who called himself Honky Tonk Man.

Goldberg kicked Bret Hart, causing a stroke. Bret Hart forgave Goldberg for the spot, bad things happen in pro-wrestling. It's a very physical art-form where people can get injured while performing.... why in the fuck am I explaining this? How does replaying that spot "expose" the real Bret Hart again?

Jim Helwig mumbling about how he thinks that Bret was bitter about how his career ended. For fuck's sake; moving on.

Bundy used to call Bret "The Little Hitter" because he was a little guy at 6'1". This one time Bret argued with Bundy in regard to a finish where Bundy would put Bret over, which makes Bret a "total piece of shit" in Bundy's not so humble opinion. A few people in this world actually appreciate a valid explanation for an opinion, which wasn't provided in that snippet. Either Bundy is a fucking idiot, or the guy who put together the vid did a shitty job of representing him.

Oh good, it's the most over-rated tag team in pro-wrestling history. Let's hear what thoughts they feel like pinching off. While criticizing Bret, the runner-up for the WWA world title declares that The New Age Outlaws were "The best damn tag-team in professional wrestling" during his decade (1990-2000?). Which is a fair statement from a motherfucking moron, considering their biggest rival for that status when the WWF stopped giving a fuck about the tag-team division was The Headbangers. Bob James' special little jar-head says that he'll "smack [Bret's] half-******ed ass". Yeah well; denial is a obviously a motherfucker Brian, and only a fucking idiot would use the term "half-******ed".

Pro-wrestling's most popular full-****** goes on to reminisce about how Bret had asked him to explain why he felt that Shawn was a better performer than Bret. Apparently asking as much crossed a line with Brian James and he's all "Jiminy Christmas" about it. So less of an exposure of Bret Hart, and more of a reason to force that drunk off his ass sack into DDP yoga for some mental rehabilitation. Regular people get asked rude questions all the time, we're usually too busy having a life to take them as such extreme personal slights.

Scott Hall gave a very kind, thoughtful interview. The obvious theme here is that Bret loved Bret too much, and we fans were unaware of this and would obviously recognize as much as being worthy of undermining our adoration of him. I'm pretty sure that if you broke down every personal aspect of Scott Hall, you'd be more likely to take a clip-show of his greatest moments with a grain of salt. Just saying; Bret never had to cancel a show because he decided to get shit faced on a whim. I'm pretty sure that my ticket money is worth a little more to Bret.

Kevin Nash recalls that his decision to jump ship was due to Bret politicking against having to take the Powerbomb. That's a very fair criticism, Bret was pulling strings so he wouldn't look bad. Shame on him, let it be known that Bret is exposed as an asshole for that incident. Oh yeah; let it also be known that Kevin Nash booked the finger-poke of doom. I love how he's giving those James Lipton-esque interviews about how seriously he takes the business, when he's practically the blonde woman who destroyed WCW with his idiocy. Maybe he should have asked Bret for advice on how to behave.

Sid says that working with Bret was "like pulling teeth", and that's it. They probably could have left that one out.

Ric Flair is stuck on the notion that Bret Hart "didn't draw any money" and uses a pretty fucking shallow memory to validate that assumption. When Hogan beat The Iron Sheik for the belt, that was marketed as if Hogan had just curb stomped the Ayatollah. When Bret beat Flair, the match wasn't even televised. I wouldn't dare question Ric's lucidity in regard to factual events from his past, nor would I ask him if his opinions are based around being a bitter old crotch. Hulk Hogan left the company, and Bret had to fill a void left by the most hyped up roid-jacked spot monkey in WWF history. It should be noted that Ric Flair would always pass the blame off on someone else when ticket sales were down for cards that had Ric as the main event.

Scott Hall mumbles through an explanation for Bret's lack of fame in WCW being that he couldn't adjust to live tv as well. Let's think back to what WCW was forcing on us back then; you had a three hour show that would often have fewer matches than their two hour rival. It's very easy for Scott Hall to remember how awesome he was on the mic, mainly because being in the nWo meant that you really didn't have to say jack shit about anything. Every fucking episode started with 45 minutes of "nWo for life!" before the first tie-up, so maybe being surrounded by the most god-awful bullshit ever produced in a company that at the time was hemorrhaging cash faster than the US Government could have hampered Bret's style just a bit. The geniuses at WCW put Bret against the nWo, and then without explanation had him join the nWo. Oh but, he also wasn't especially thrilling on the mic. At least we had Scott Hall's slurred "comedy" to help cure our insomnia. You can't blame management for someone not getting over? Anyone who was outside of your inner-circle of bros (like Chris, Eddie and Dean) had a pretty fucking hard time getting over Scott, I'm not surprised that you blacked out most of that though.

Oh good, Eric Bischoff is in this video. Eric Bischoff claims that part of the blame for Bret not getting over in WCW is on Bret, which I feel him on. Bret didn't really have the same support structure as, say, every fucking moron wearing an nWo shirt at the time. Then there were WCW mainstays like Sting and Goldberg. Eric Bischoff didn't have the magic bullet to effectively promote Bret Hart, nor did he have the ability to keep his "A" material fresh for much longer after he acquired Bret.

Oh for crying out.... fucking Hogan? I just sat through twenty fucking minutes of people dwelling on how Bret was just way too into himself. Hulk Hogan is the fucking idiot who entertained a US Presidential run until a Tonight Show appearance where he showed that he didn't even know what political party he'd be affiliated with, and I'm supposed to listen to him as part of a shocking expose on the real Bret Hart? Hulk Hogan was Mr. Say-Your-Prayers-Kids and had the fact that he's a racist sack of dog-shit made public, so I'm pretty sure that if anyone's picture was ever pasted next to "burial" in the fucking dictionary it would be Terry "I hate n*****s" Bollea. I'm done reviewing that fucking stupid video now.

Has Bret ever wrestled like a jerk? Of course he has; his ironman match with Shawn had Shawn working Bret's arm for half the match, only to have Bret delivering clotheslines with that same arm while showing no ill effects. Bret's not perfect, anyone who wasn't aware of that probably has much bigger problems than just not being aware of the bullshit that was in that video.

Bret was not buried or exposed by that video. Anyone who agrees with it on the other hand....

OH SNAP! I can use YouTube too!

[YOUTUBE]i-aYHjhyXXM[/YOUTUBE]

Look; it's a YouTube video. That automatically means that it's so insightful that I shouldn't have to justify relying on it as a source of valid information. Welcome to the de-evolution of humanity.

Here's my genius one liner, brace yourself; LOL INTERNETS!

Burial: Exposing the Real Ric Flair

[YOUTUBE]Fs-7Q48zhNY[/YOUTUBE]

Gee golly, it's almost as if old Ric fucking worships Bret Hart. He's a sycophantic stuttering wreck, that is so motherfucking adorable. Notice how Bret just "yeah"s through every compliment Ric showers onto Bret, and gives simple answers to questions that Ric throws around to hopefully have his bitch-mode adoration reciprocated.

Love you Ric, don't ever change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back