• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bruno Sammartino VS Hulk Hogan

Domamania

Occasional Pre-Show
There have been many debates happining within my family in the past 25 years between My Grandfather, Father, and My self. and the Debate on hand revolves a super Dream Match That would involve the old guard of wrestling Bruno Sammartino vs The modern Guard of wrestling Hulk Hogan.

I was wondering who would win in that dream super match, and what would have happend in that match?

Also with both men in their peak prime going against each other in the supermatch, do you think they could have a huge sell out both inside arena and on live ppv ?

Who would the fans cheer and boo to decide which was was going to be more of the fan favorite ?

Would that match be a great match, Both men in their prime ?

Being both men in their prime do you think that match would be able to be the main event at WrestleMania?

Now whats your intake on this and now its time for you all to give out your answers and opinions on this dream match. Thank you.

this would be a horrible match. yeah "dream matches" bring excitement to them, but Bruno was built as "im not fake like everyone else" and he would ground wrestle Hogan to death. you couldnt have a pre-determined winner because both ego's are larger than the Earth and Bruno would look at Hogan like "are you kidding me" when Hogan would try to leg drop him and point at him. Bruno would win with a headlock and no one would cheer for either because it would be one of the worst matches ever. the build up would be the best part by far.

Atleast Bruno can wrestle. Hogan is a dumb peice of shit that only cares about himself. I would go for bruno. Hogan is one of the worst main event wrestlers in the history of pro wrestling.

Umm, Bruno is no shooter. Bruno's just a big guy, like Hogan. Bruno's offense was punches, kicks, and bearhugs with an occasional backbreaker. If you guys find Hogan plodding, don't watch a Bruno match. Hogan actually has far more "technical wrestling" skill in real life. And to the second idiot, Hogan is the greatest professional wrestler of all time. Get used to it, because it ain't changing any time soon.

ETA: Hogan would go over in a fictional match, because he's a bigger star. Hogan brought the same crowds Bruno did, and than did it everywhere whereas Bruno could only do it in the northeast.

ETA 2: And the build up would only be good from Hogan's side, as Bruno was barely intelligible, he was over for his ethnicity and his "tough guy" persona.

There have been many debates happining within my family in the past 25 years between My Grandfather, Father, and My self. and the Debate on hand revolves a super Dream Match That would involve the old guard of wrestling Bruno Sammartino vs The modern Guard of wrestling Hulk Hogan.

I was wondering who would win in that dream super match, and what would have happend in that match?

Also with both men in their peak prime going against each other in the supermatch, do you think they could have a huge sell out both inside arena and on live ppv ?

Who would the fans cheer and boo to decide which was was going to be more of the fan favorite ?

Would that match be a great match, Both men in their prime ?

Being both men in their prime do you think that match would be able to be the main event at WrestleMania?

Now whats your intake on this and now its time for you all to give out your answers and opinions on this dream match. Thank you.

Truth be told, I'm not sure Hulk Hogan is the modern guard of anything, unless it be the "traction ward for hospital patients that have recently undergone back surgery" guard.

As far as who would win the "super dream match" as you so eloquently put it---and I assume by "super dream match" you mean how fast it would put me to sleep dreaming about better matches---the match would probably turn into a battle of "upstage the other guy with a series of finely timed muscle flexes" and little else.

If both men were in their prime when the match took place (a physical impossibility given the age difference, but for the sake of argument), I have no doubt that it would sell well because the bulk of wrestling fans will endure anything that sucks once, while many others seem to have no established intolerance for outright garbage, at least to judge from WWE's modern day success.

Bruno thought wrestling was real and is always bitching about Vince. At least Hogan admits to being a little stupid. Hogan wasn't a technician, but who gives a shit, he was over.

Personally I don't like either one of them. Bruno was really regional until he got over as one of the top guys, then he could draw other places, Hogan drew anywhere. I don't like how much of a mark Bruno seems like. I don't like guys who take their wins and losses too seriously. Then again, Hogan is a mark for himself.

It's a wash for me, the answer is Ric Flair.

the Debate on hand revolves a super Dream Match That would involve the old guard of wrestling Bruno Sammartino vs The modern Guard of wrestling Hulk Hogan.

Not to be picking at small details or anything, but wouldn't Cena be the "modern guard"? Hogan is 20 years past his prime. Hogan hasn't been a "modern guard" since the end of WCW. Anyways, back on topic....

I'll tell you what would happen in that match. Hogan would destroy Bruno. Wrestling is kayfabe'd. From a kayfabe perspective, Hogan was unstoppable during his time at the top. Even if it happened today, Hogan would find some way to get himself booked over. Had the match happened during the 1980's or 1990's, it would sell out anywhere simply for Hogan being there. It would draw decently just about anywhere today too, again for Hogan. Bruno was never as over as Hogan, 2,800+ day WWF title reign or not. Hogan from 1990 would easily win against Bruno from 1970 because he had the (kayfabe) ability to hulk up and win the match against virtually anyone and just about all of the fans would be behind him. We are talking 1980's and 1990's Hogan here, so think about it. I wouldn't see it as being Wrestlemania worthy, maybe Summerslam. Hogan would win regardless though and it would make a large profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back