• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock vs. Fedor

JenovasWitness

SHINING WIZARD!!
So Dana White has said this one is going to happen.

Fedor has one more Affliction fight and then we will apparently see Brock take on the man who many consider to be the premier heavyweight in MMA today. I think it will be a hell of a fight.

Both Fedor and Brock just seem inhuman, albeit for different reasons. Brock is a monster, incredible strength coupled with surprising speed for a man of his size. Fedor doesn't seem to be bothered by regular everyday things like pain or emotion and his ground and pound and stand up technique are brilliant.

Who is going to be raising his hand at the end of this one?

Well in the Mir thread, we had a big debate about this, and Shocky said that after a half dozen or so fights, Lesnar would go over. I don't know if I agree with that, because it is of course not simple.

But if the match is in two, then there isn't a shot in hell that Fedor has a chance of losing, if he has even agreed to this. And if he does, White will make him sign a very long term deal.

So if Fedor has signed up, and let say he has to fight 1-2 fights to qualify for a title shot, than not only will Lesnar have a very complicated road ahead of him for the title, but he will have to fight the VERY seasoned, VERY smart Fedor in a match he wont win at this stage.

Is Dana the honest type? I wouldn't really know. He seems like the guy that wouldn't go back on a promise - or wouldn't like to at least.

If he says he's got Fedor in to fight Lesnar then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him. Still though, I wonder what's with the sudden u-turn. I should hope that Fedor at least got some exceptional conditions in his contract.

I'd like him to beat Lesnar. Decisively. If he doesn't then coming to the UFC was pointless. It would be like Sting coming to the WWE only for him to lose his first match. All the same, it will be nice to finally know who is better. If he loses, whose ballsack will PRIDE fans ride?

Again, as I said in the other thread, it's just ridiculous to look past Josh Barnett. The guy could easily defeat Fedor come August 1st. Do I think he will? No, but no fan out there should look past that guy and just assume Fedor is going to remain basically undefeated once August 1st come to an end. I know Fedor's not assuming that.

But as far as Brock Lesnar vs. Fedor Emelianenko goes... if Fedor is able to get past Barnett, do I want to see this? Hell fucking yeah I do.

But still... reality remains that you can't look past Barnett and if Fedor loses against him, then all his momentum is gone. Plus, while it's good to see Dana say such a thing, you still shouldn't get your hopes up. We've all been waiting for Fedor to come to the UFC since PRIDE ended, and there has been a couple of times where it looked like it was a done deal, but at the end... it didn't get done. So, it's hard to continue to get too excited about this.

If Fedor does defeat Barnett and does sign a deal with the UFC and his first fight is against Brock Lesnar, however, what a great fucking fight that will be. As far as to what I think what would happen... I really don't know. Brock could either complete dominate Fedor like he did Herring and Mir the second time around, or Fedor could kill Brock striking wise (which he would if Brock was stupid enough to stand up with him) or catch Brock in a beautiful armbar out of nowhere. I really don't know how it'd go, but I sure as hell would absolutely LOVE to find out someday.

I am not looking past Josh Barnett. He is by no means a slouch in the cage. Big guy, great skills...but we are talking about Fedor here. Fedor decisively defeated Nogueira who in turn split a pair of fights with Barnett. If Nogs and Barnett are that evenly matched, who is to say that Fedor won't handle Barnett the same way as he did Nogs?

If the fight happens as soon as Dana is saying it will, I don't think Brock will be developed enough to fight someone as skilled as Fedor is. Brock will get cut up in the striking exchanges which will lessen his effectiveness on the ground and I see Fedor choking him out with a Gable grip rear naked choke.

I'll go on record and say I'm completely looking past Barnett. Fedor hasn't been really tested in last few fights. It's hard to be tested when you ko/submit everyone in the 1st round. I can see Brock giving Fedor trouble and forcing the calm russian to really work for the win. With that said I like Brock and think he's a great fighter but there's only 1 Fedor. I think Brock would work hard and have a competitive showing but would ultimately lose. Maybe in a couple years when Brock has more experience and Fedor is older he could do it, but I just can't see anything other than Fedor doing what he does best and that's winning.

As it's been said, we had a good debate about this in the Mir-Lesnar thread. So I'll do a simple response, because I've exhausted this already against Sam & TM. Both had good, solid arguments.

With that being said, if it happens, Lesnar will win. By the time this fight happens, as Shocky said in the Mir-Lesnar thread, Brock will have had some more fights under his belt. I expect a few challenges, but nothing major. With that being said, with more experience to hone his skills, and improve his weaknesses, Fedor can't match him. Do you not think the quality of training in UFC won't provide Lesnar with the capability to better his amazing skill?

Also, no other heavyweight in UFC would want anyone to just come in and destory UFC's top superstar. I'm pretty sure the whole of the UFC would want Brock to win, and they'd do that by giving him everything he needs training wise.

Fedor without a doubt in my mind. Fedor has faced opponents bigger then Lesnar, and better wrestlers then Lesnar. Lesnar is as one dimensional as they come, these past fights all hes showed is a good wrestling base. Which is enough to give you a successful career, especially in a cage under UFC rules, but it won't save you against Fedor. Lesnar is nothing new to Fedor, he doesn't bring anything to the table that Fedor hasn't encountered and beat. People seem to latch on the fact that in time Lesnar will get better over time, which i disagree with to a degree. Like any fighter Lesnar will of course improve, but nothing beats actual experience. UFC fighters typically fight 2-3 times a year. I would say Lesnar only fights 1 more time this year, assuming Dana does sign Fedor it would be between this year and the next. Or else Fedor will probably retire since people need to remember Barnett is the last credible opponent outside of the UFC for Fedor. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fedor retire soon. So aside from what i mentioned, these two aren't exactly young either. Both of them are 32, if this fight goes down it will be within this year or next i would say. Brock would have what? 1 or 2 fights more of experience? Yeah, I'll still give it to Fedor. If this fight goes down i see Fedor beating Lesnar the same way he beat Sylvia. Drop him as fast as he can, then choke his ass out.

I don't understand this feeling out there that Fedor has faced guys like Brock Lesnar before. There is no heavyweight int he world that has the size, strength, speed and stamina that Lesnar has. Lesnar is a freak of nature. Plus on top of that, not only does he have a superior wrestling base, he's one of the best amateur wrestlers of the last decade. You don't wrestle in the Big 10, and go to the NCAA Championship match back to back years, and win an NCAA title. Fedor has faced a lot of tough, tough opponents, but none of them bring those type of credentials with them.

I don't understand this feeling out there that Fedor has faced guys like Brock Lesnar before.
No, but he has fought giants, and good wrestlers. Lesnar may be all this in one, but at least Fedor has experience against such type of opponents. Which can't be said for the rest of the HW division.
There is no heavyweight int he world that has the size, strength, speed and stamina that Lesnar has.
Stamina? I wasn't aware he showed any notable stamina in his MMA fights. He layed on top of Herring for 3 rounds, and did not go past the second round in his last two fights. In fact he actually looked tired in his fight against Randy after the first round.
Lesnar is a freak of nature. Plus on top of that, not only does he have a superior wrestling base, he's one of the best amateur wrestlers of the last decade. You don't wrestle in the Big 10, and go to the NCAA Championship match back to back years, and win an NCAA title. Fedor has faced a lot of tough, tough opponents, but none of them bring those type of credentials with them.
Now I'm no expert with my wrestling here, but Mark Coleman, one of Fedor's opponents, is a NCAA champion out of Ohio state, and wrestled on the US Olympic team. Kevin Randleman, another one of Fedor's opponents, is a two time division 1 NCAA champion out of Ohio state. I would think their wrestling credentials trump his.

I am not saying that this is going to be easy for Fedor. I think that Brock stands a great chance of winning due to the fact that he IS an overwhelming force of "motherfuckyouup" in the cage. But experience has shown that Fedor just has the skills, the demeanor and killer instinct to end any fight against any style of opponent.

I will cheer my guts out if Brock wins, I'm a huge fan of his. But Fedor is just more of a proven commodity against some very tough competition.

Coleman and Randleman are indeed both Buckeye National Champions in Division 1 wrestling, however, both of those guys aren't anything near Brock Lesnar. They are damn fine wrestlers, don't get me wrong, but they give up nearly 60 pounds to Brock Lesnar.

When Fedor beat Coleman, Coleman was 41, and Randleman as yet is an above .500 MMA'er that has never been able to get to the next level. Coleman and Randleman go 6'1, and 5'10", and both fight at around 205, could be wrong though. Fedor outweighs both Coleman and Randleman by 25 if not 30 pounds, big advantage when you're trying to dictate a match.

Lesnar goes 265 at weigh in, and has reportedly blown back up to 280 in time for his fights. Now I'm not discrediting what the two Buckeyes have done, but Lesnar has all of their mat ability, plus the added muscle.

Coleman and Randleman are indeed both Buckeye National Champions in Division 1 wrestling, however, both of those guys aren't anything near Brock Lesnar. They are damn fine wrestlers, don't get me wrong, but they give up nearly 60 pounds to Brock Lesnar.
Indeed they do, but it doesn't change the fact that Fedor has gone up against great wrestlers with better credentials if I'm correct, and won. You combine this with the fact that Fedor has beaten people that outweigh him by 100 pounds or more, and without a doubt Fedor wins this match in my opinion. I really don't understand how people think Lesnar can win. What has he shown too make so many believe hes the best of the best? Good wrestling? So are many others. Strength? I think Carwin might be stronger personally. I just don't see it. Again Fedor has not fought anyone like Lesnar, but he has fought people similar. If he can beat them in a dominating fashion then i don't see why he wouldn't be Lesnar the same way.
When Fedor beat Coleman, Coleman was 41, and Randleman as yet is an above .500 MMA'er that has never been able to get to the next level. Coleman and Randleman go 6'1, and 5'10", and both fight at around 205, could be wrong though. Fedor outweighs both Coleman and Randleman by 25 if not 30 pounds, big advantage when you're trying to dictate a match.
Coleman may not the best fighter out there, and was aged, but still doesn't change the fact that hes a great wrestler which Fedor beat. Randleman may have never reached the next level, but he was coming off his victory of CroCop when Fedor fought him. CroCop was a top 5 or even top 3 heavyweight at the time. His ratio may not be great, but hes fought some of the best the HW division has to offer, and actually won in the case of his CroCop fight. And you are wrong. When Fedor fought Coleman he weighed around 231. Randleman weighed around 227 when he fought Fedor.
Lesnar goes 265 at weigh in, and has reportedly blown back up to 280 in time for his fights. Now I'm not discrediting what the two Buckeyes have done, but Lesnar has all of their mat ability, plus the added muscle.
Yup, he has the mat ability and added muscle, too bad it doesn't look like he has the stamina to keep it going for 5 rounds. As i said earlier, he looked tired in his first round against Randy. I imagine if randy can tire him out, so can Fedor.

Indeed they do, but it doesn't change the fact that Fedor has gone up against great wrestlers with better credentials if I'm correct, and won. You combine this with the fact that Fedor has beaten people that outweigh him by 100 pounds or more, and without a doubt Fedor wins this match in my opinion. I really don't understand how people think Lesnar can win. What has he shown too make so many believe hes the best of the best? Good wrestling? So are many others. Strength? I think Carwin might be stronger personally. I just don't see it. Again Fedor has not fought anyone like Lesnar, but he has fought people similar. If he can beat them in a dominating fashion then i don't see why he wouldn't be Lesnar the same way.

so this one gets me. u say hes faught pplas strong and stronger. better wrestlers. old but with beter credentials. its kinda like playing the best line backer at 26 in his peak or so then again when hes 40 its a little different. might have great creds but hes older slower and his boddy proberly doesnt take the hits as well. guys out weighing him by 100 pounds now in not a yank and dont use punds but i think thas a lot. about 40 odd Kg. but has he done it all in one guy?? no i dont think so. im not gonna say who wins coz its MMA not WWE anything could happen.with how they both are its an even match IMO.

so this one gets me. u say hes faught pplas strong and stronger. better wrestlers. old but with beter credentials. its kinda like playing the best line backer at 26 in his peak or so then again when hes 40 its a little different. might have great creds but hes older slower and his boddy proberly doesnt take the hits as well. guys out weighing him by 100 pounds now in not a yank and dont use punds but i think thas a lot. about 40 odd Kg. but has he done it all in one guy?? no i dont think so. im not gonna say who wins coz its MMA not WWE anything could happen.with how they both are its an even match IMO.

Coleman was old, not Randleman. Randleman was only 32 when Fedor fought him, same age as Lesnar is now. And i made it clear he has never faced it all in one, but has individually, and won. Just because Brock is strength and wrestling in one won't be much of a difference in my opinion, the wrestlers Fedor faced were better. Even if coleman was aged, you just don't lose that, and in Randleman's case he was not old at all. Brock may be stronger then them, but it seems to come at the cost of his stamina. As i noted earlier he looked tired in his first round against Randy, he does have a big frame to lug around so its no surprise. He could be a stamina machine, but it has yet to be proven. So far its actually been proven that hes not.

I completely disagree, Fedor seemed a little sloppy in his match against Arlovski who seemed to be getting a good few punches and kicks on Fedor before his glass jaw appeared and he was dropped.

Fedor has had very little in tough competition facing heavyweights that are no longer at their peak including slyvia. Barnett should be good enough evidence if Fedor is still the super human he has been in the MMA world.

Lesnar has the power and weight advantage over Fedor and probably the same level of speed of Fedor, however I have yet to see any stamina in Lesnar as his fights have been over pretty quickly...

I reckon this could go either way but I really don't see Fedor getting knocked out or TKO'd so it will be a test on Lesnar's stamina and if he has it then I reckon he will win the fight.

This would be one hell of a fight, a mean you have Fedor who is possibly king of MMA at this moment, vs Lesnar who is currently the fatest riseing MMA star in history.

What would happen ? Its so hard to pick, seeing Fedor before beat bigger guys in height and weight compared to Brock makes you want to pick him, but everytime you see Brock in that octagon he kills his compitition.

Personally i would go with a Brock win, as much as i hate the guy and wish Fedor would destroy him, Brock is extremly strong and a unbelieveable wrestler, once hes on top of you its extremly hard to get him off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back