• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar will help TNA

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Alright, hopefully I'm the first one saying this.

If you didn't already know Brock Lesnar will be one of the coaches of the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter. Brock will be coaching against his future opponent Junior Dos Santos. I believe Brock vs Junior Dos Santos match will be for the interim Heavyweight Title.

Anyway, I believe Brock coaching TUF will undoubtedly help TNA's ratings, it might even pay off for them big time. Brock Lesnar is the biggest UFC PPV attraction and this season of TUF will most likely break all other season's ratings records just because Brock will be on the show, being Brock.

Now while this is happening, this will also help TNA's rating inadvertently. UFC is the highest rated show on SpikeTV, they set the standard. I think the highest rating a show has ever had on SpikeTV is an Ultimate Fighter Finale or an episode during the Kimbo Slice season.

But now you have Brock coaching a season and Brock's popularity comes from him being a former WWE wrestler. If your a fan (or even a hater of Brock) and you follow him, you probably also watch wrestling. I think this season of TUF will have WWE fans who probably never even watch TUF, watching, and this opens the gate for them to experience TNA as well.

Now I'm sure TNA/Spike are going to plaster commercials all over the TUF broadcasts. So wednesday night you'll have UFC TUF w/ Brock Lesnar and fans will be repeatedly reminded to watch Impact thursday night to see Flair, Hogan, Hardy's, Anderson, RVD, etc and I believe the storyline is strong at the moment as well and will develop.

So yeah, I'm thinking Brock coaching on TUF, on SpikeTv will be a really good thing for TNA. Part of TNA's problem with ratings is that Spike doesn't have good ratings in general.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

i do think it will help a bit, but we arent talking about wwe #'s overnight. the added exposure definately cant hurt tna.

maybe this will give them in a kick in the ass to put something together that will keep some of these new folks that tune in.

i do think it will help a bit, but we arent talking about wwe #'s overnight.

Well, I do believe Smackdown numbers are manageable (1.4-1.7) :)

But Raw, no chance. TNA's highest rating ever was a 1.5 the night Hogan debutted and I think there have been atleast 2 1.4's since. I would not be surprised if TNA were to get a 1.6 during the TUF season and steadily held a 1.4-1.5.

Really all depends on what Lesnar draws on TUF. I believe TUF's record was a 2.9 which shattered it's previous ratings (watched by more then a million more people then it's prior ratings). That season had Rampage and Kimbo though.

I think this season will be at about the same number, but if it shatters the 2.9 then I think TNA will be able to get a 1.8, all really depends how many people tune into TUF.

The thing I worry about is Brock murdering some smart ass 170lb'er (they are coaching welterweights) and the show never hits the air.

Junior Dos Santos being the opposing coach doesn't really add any appeal, in my opinion. He doesn't speak english well and well probably not get into any arguments with Brock.

Had it been Mir vs Lesnar, I think the ratings would be astronomical though again, someone probably would have died. (Remember Mir said he wanted Lesnar to be the first mma fatality.)

i really am looking foreward to this though. i like brock. TUF is bout to get rocked bc his personality is crazy enough to draw good numbers. people will tune in just to see what the fuck will happen. plus i feel sorry for the guys hes gonna train. his style is very intense & the little guys are goin to have to keep up.

Maybe they could get Brock to participate in the Double J Double MA challenge and murder the guy

First of all, you're assuming most MMA fans are pro wrestling fans, and I'm not sure that's true. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's hard to believe.

If Spike TV really hammers the shit out of the advertising for TNA, during TUF broadcasts, it may help a bit. Viewers could see some old, familiar faces like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Eric Bischoff, etc., and decide to give it a shot. Keeping those viewers around after they tune in is another issue entirely, but it might help.

Spike TV needs to drop TNA ads like it's fucking Baghdad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back