• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar VS Steve Austin At Wrestlemania 32?

The Brain

King Of The Ring
If you watched Paul Heyman on Steve Austin's podcast tonight you saw a strange conclusion to an otherwise ordinary show. Heyman lightheartedly asked Austin if he was interested in facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 32. It was all within the friendly tone of the interview but Austin suddenly became Stone Cold and reacted in character saying Lesnar wouldn't stand a chance against him. I'm not sure how serious Austin was about that (meaning if he is actually open to a match, he was clearly just acting in character) but it kind of seemed like they were planting the seeds for something that might actually happen.

Would you like to see Steve Austin vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania? For those that saw the podcast do you think this is an actual possibility or were Austin and Heyman just having some fun?

I wouldn't doubt at all that Austin and Brock would be up for it, the only issue here is, I don't think WWE would be.

The asking price and amount of creative control for that thing to come together is just way more than I feel is realistic to expect in this day and age.

Suppose it depends on just how much WWE wants to break that record.

Man, if those two could pull it off then I'm all for it. But I'm skeptical if these two can put on a good show. Austin hasn't wrestled in a long time, while Brock Lesnar works best with other talents who can put him over. Maybe Kevin Owens would be a good choice to challenge Brock at Wrestlemania 32.

There was a very different Steve Austin sitting there after that question was asked, and I don't think it was an act. He looked right pissed off, why I have no idea. All Heyman did was ask if he would consider wrestling Lesnar at Mania.

But yea the interview didn't end on a good note at all. And Austin looked like he wanted to kick someone's ass. As for the match, he's in no condition to take on Brock Lesnar. Even with almost a year to get ready I'd be worried about his neck holding up.

I don't see Austin/Lesnar happening. Maybe Austin/Heyman, but yea forget the other match.

EDIT: I'm seeing on other dirt sheets that are now headlining 'Austin wants Lesnar in a Texas Deathmatch at Mania". So that might be part of why he's pissed. Austin didn't commit to anything, and he said IF he did take on Lesnar that's the match he would want. But it's a pretty big, if. Now it's out there that he's committed and ready to do it. The guy won't get any peace for a year now.

I think the reason it ended really bad is Heyman turned his phone on, got a text from the writers and told that to Steve when he was talking about his match. He even said, what the hell are you talking about when im sitting here talking about the match. But I wouldn't think that he would blow a fuse that quickly with Heyman. Im not sure if it was an act or what but I want to know more.

As far as the match, a Texas Death match with these two might be good. I dont know if Austin can handle a hardcore match like Brock. While it would draw really well, I dont think Texas Death is the right way to go.

And wow did that turn ugly quick. Its so strange to see the ugly side of someone you admire so much.

No....

Stone Cold is far too past his prime. Not quite as bad as Hogan, but Brock is too rough to messing with these older guys. I wouldn't be able to buy Stone Cold as a genuine threat anyway. Look at Triple H. They've made it a major point that he is weaker than he used to be and he still does get in the ring occasionally. This would be a disaster.

I'm all for a Stone Cold return, but Brock would likely be a bad opponent for him.

I think Hardcore is the only way they can go.

An in-ring match, you have to wrestle to Lesnar's style, e.g. Cena-Lesnar at SummerSlam. And Lesnar's style is HEAVY on Suplexs. Austin's neck may be too much at risk to even attempt that. A Hardcore match, done right, can let these two work another style, cover up any ring rust Austin will have and be just as exciting as the traditional mega matches we're going to get.

I look at Hogan-Vince as the correct way to do a Hardcore Match, to cover up in-ring weakness. It was extremely entertaining and Austin/Lesnar can go more than those two. It just takes the focus off the traditional style which may not be the best style for Austin.

If Hogan wants to wrestle and Austin wants to wrestle, those two need to get together at WM 32. That and Taker/Sting would sell me. Oh, and Rock/Lesnar. Shield triple threat.

Brock Lesnar vs. Steve Austin is a bad idea.

They're onto something big with Lesnar as a babyface, it's counter productive to book him in a WrestleMania match in Texas against a returning Stone Cold. I'm definitely not against seeing Austin at Mania 32, just not with Lesnar. If he has a match against somebody else that's cool, but I think it's likely we'll see him involved in the Rock/HHH angle, maybe as the guest referee for that match.

There was a very different Steve Austin sitting there after that question was asked, and I don't think it was an act. He looked right pissed off, why I have no idea. All Heyman did was ask if he would consider wrestling Lesnar at Mania.

But yea the interview didn't end on a good note at all. And Austin looked like he wanted to kick someone's ass. As for the match, he's in no condition to take on Brock Lesnar. Even with almost a year to get ready I'd be worried about his neck holding up.

I don't see Austin/Lesnar happening. Maybe Austin/Heyman, but yea forget the other match.

EDIT: I'm seeing on other dirt sheets that are now headlining 'Austin wants Lesnar in a Texas Deathmatch at Mania". So that might be part of why he's pissed. Austin didn't commit to anything, and he said IF he did take on Lesnar that's the match he would want. But it's a pretty big, if. Now it's out there that he's committed and ready to do it. The guy won't get any peace for a year now.

My man, sorry to burst your bubble, but that ending shows you why these two guys are among the best in the history of this business.

They did that just because they are both old school, that was a amazing out of the blue kayfabe promo.

In the drop o a dime, these two guys went from total reality interview, to a 100% certified old school pro wrestling promo.

Pure awesomeness, these two can sell a freaking LCD to a blind family.

Again, this only show how amazing are steve and paul in their craft.

Regarding the match, the only way i would accept it, if its mean something, and IF steve can get in a great shape/cardio to take on the most physical guy on the business.

Other than that, i prefer to see brock against someone like Kevin Owens, Randy, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Wyatt.

It still makes me laugh with all the he's too old complainers which we heard constantly last year for the Undertaker for this years Wrestlemania, If it was up to some of you retirement age would be like 25, Must have really irriatated you that Mae Young wrestled into her 80's. Thankfully WWE wont listen to your obsession with age so get over it. Wrestling shouldn't be taken that seriously and have all these rules about age as long as they are physically fit and in good health.

On the topic I would love to see it I think Steve Austin could have one more match in him and a match as far as I know that has never previously happened.

Austin screwed up his body after just messing around for a few minutes in the Tough Enough ring in 2011. Imagine going at it with another person, nay, another freak of nature and SCSA might legit die in the ring. Brock is safe...but hurty.

If I was Austin, I wouldn't risk coming back for two reasons.

1. Health. His neck is always going to be an issue, and all it takes is one moment of accidental ****** strength from Brock to cripple him.

2. Legacy. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose by coming back against anyone, not just Lesnar. If he comes back looking like a turd, people's memories of his legacy will be at least partially tarnished forever. If he comes back looking good, people will say "well duh, of course he was good, he's Stone Cold." Then they'll badger him to come back until he's dead.

Those two cut a better program in 2 minutes than most of the guys on the roster could produce in 20. THAT'S what greatness is all about, turning one or two minutes into gold. They've planted the seeds, now it's up to WWE to decide if they want to make it happen or not. I've always been of the opinion (with the help of multiple reports) that Austin wants to wrestle at Mania 32, whether it be against Cena, HHH, Lesnar, or whoever... he just seems a lot more involved in talks than in past years.

That being said, I don't think Lesnar is a good opponent for Austin at this point. Lesnar would probably have to control most of the match and basically his whole moveset involves targeting the neck, which of course isn't really an option for Austin. If they were to go ahead with a Death Match and just take out all of the ring-work, than I could possibly see it happening, but I'd rather see Austin-Cena personally. I think it would be a good match for both, whereas Lesnar could go almost anywhere at this point.

Austin has teased getting in the ring for one more match off & on for much of the last decade, usually saying he'd be up for it under the right circumstances.

A match against Brock Lesnar would have to count as the right circumstances and it'd definitely be a big money match just for the novelty of seeing Austin wrestle for the first time in what would be almost 13 years.

As to whether Austin would be up for the match physically, there's obviously no way for us to know but you have to wonder if he really would be. He'd be almost 51.5 years old by the time the match took place, his knees and neck weren't in the greatest of condition by the time he left and there's well over a decade of ring rust he'd have to scrap off; at his age, there's always the possibility that it wouldn't happen. Then again, maybe he's in great in-ring condition as he's obviously taken care of himself and the extended time off may have helped ease the damage done to his body via the business. Regardless, he'd have to be able to pass the battery of medical exams he'd be put through by WWE so WWE can cover its ass.

As to the validity of Austin's comments towards Heyman, I very much believe it's a work. Austin and Heyman have been friends for a helluva long time and I don't believe that Heyman merely asking a question about a potential match with Lesnar would set Austin off. I think what we saw was merely example of some passionate promo work without Vince's scripted fingerprints all over the place. On the slim chance it wasn't a work, and by slim I mean beyond anorexic, it'd feel more to me like anger stoked bravado than anything else. In a real fight, Lesnar would most likely cream Austin; to my knowledge, Austin has no experience in martial arts, has no real combat experience, is some 13 years older than Lesnar with bad knees and a bad neck.

As to whether I'd be personally interested, I'm not sure. The novelty of the match itself is intriguing, but if Austin's not in shape and if he's just not able to go, then the novelty wouldn't hold up for me. Even if the match took place, one has to consider how Austin would hold up under Lesnar's stiff treatment; Austin's not a spring chicken anymore and Austin's age along with questions concerning his overall health are not only valid points, they're arguably the most important points regarding the whole situation.

I don't care that Austin is almost 50 years old. I don't care that he and Lesnar are part-timers. I don't care if this match happenning could hurt WWE in the long run since no young talent is being showcased/put over.

This is a dream match full of nostalgia.

I'm all for it. Just can't see it happenning. If Austin were to wrestle again, he would have by now. I don't think he's waiting to turn 50 and then wrestle.

Would you like to see Steve Austin vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania?

I'll give you a HELL NO to that one, because when referencing Austin in any manner it's appropriate to invoke damnation as a means of amplifying your conviction toward a yeah/no response. Would I like fries with that burger? HELL NO!! I don't want diabetes! Does this pattern look good? HELL YEAH!! The floral design really compliments the fuchsia background.

The fanbase that still finds Stone Cold relevant is well aware of his health condition, and wouldn't be expecting much out of him in an actual match. The fanbase that rallies behind Lesnar under any circumstances would want to see Stone Cold get a more sadistic ass kicking than he's ever received.

It would be damn ironic for Stone Cold to stomp into a match where he would only be able to realistically get a spot in if Brock trips over his own feet. Then there's smarks like me who would boo the shit out of Stone Cold for when he walked out as a way to protest being asked to job to Lesnar, even though we're well aware that Stone Cold doesn't give a flying fuck about what anyone thinks unless they're talking him up.

Just hook a satellite feed to Stone Cold's house, then we could have Stone Cold vs... never mind too soon.

I don't think he's waiting to turn 50 and then wrestle.

He doesn't have to wait.....he turned 50 this past December.

But while his age is definitely a factor in whether he wrestles again, remember he'd be performing against Brock Lesnar, whose style is inherently rough.....ask Mark Calaway.

Yes, Brock could be instructed to 'take it easy' on the old guy, but Lesnar's concept of taking it easy probably differs from guys who haven't fought in the world of mixed martial arts.

If Stone Cold were to get in the ring one more time, I think both he and the company would be better served matching him against someone who knows how to make it all look real while minimizing the damage they might inflict. How would you like to be the guy who seriously hurts Steve Austin?

In addition to all that, I find it highly doubtful Austin would agree to lose in his only match in the past decade......so now you've got to add that stipulation to the whole mess.

Brock Lesnar is becoming a face and no doubt his "suplex city" would be too much.

Austin retired a long time ago with bad neck and knees, the last thing his body needs after a 10 year+ lay off is to be suplexed over a dozen times.

Would Austin pass a WWE physical?

Would Austin pass a WWE physical?

That's the question I was asking when Psycho Sid did a one-match deal a couple years ago. Turns out the rules are different for a single appearance, as opposed to signing a regular performer's contract. Sid himself said he could never pass WWE's drug test.

So, at least that wouldn't be a problem for Austin.

But yes, the repeated suplexes from Brock would be a different story.

The biggest issue with a potential Austin - Lesnar dream match is obviously Austin's health. As many of you have already stated, Austin's neck is one wrong bump away from paralysis. Under these circumstances, Lesnar's offense would need to be meticulously orchestrated. There would be absolutely no room to call anything on the fly.

Because of who Brock Lesnar is as an athlete and a wrestler, I just do not see this proposed match being worth the risk. It is fun to fantasy book, but the reality of it borders on scary.

There are too many men in better physical condition with whom Brock Lesnar could draw big money. Due to Steve Austin's neck issues, this one is better left up to the imagination unless it is a kick and punch extravaganza, which could only be done utilizing creative booking.

I certainly don't have any inside information as it relates to Steve's health, but his neck was in bad shape when he last competed at Wrestlemania XIX he had anxiety about working the Rock. Add 13 years to that, and an opponent with an insanely physical style and this is better left only to create buzz.

If you watched Paul Heyman on Steve Austin's podcast tonight you saw a strange conclusion to an otherwise ordinary show. Heyman lightheartedly asked Austin if he was interested in facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 32. It was all within the friendly tone of the interview but Austin suddenly became Stone Cold and reacted in character saying Lesnar wouldn't stand a chance against him. I'm not sure how serious Austin was about that (meaning if he is actually open to a match, he was clearly just acting in character) but it kind of seemed like they were planting the seeds for something that might actually happen.

Would you like to see Steve Austin vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania? For those that saw the podcast do you think this is an actual possibility or were Austin and Heyman just having some fun?

I think they're just having fun. Brock would kill Austin in the ring. I'd rather see Austin vs. Cena I hope Austin gets Cena on his podcast or someone mentions to Austin how Cena is using his move. They could get the feud to feel personal like Rock/Cena the first time.

I can't really think of the perfect opponent for Brock. I assume HHH since he's the top heel.

Do I want to see Stone Cold Steve Austin wrestle at Wrestlemania 32 in Texas? OH HELL YEAH!
Do I want to see him wrestle Brock Leanar in that match? OH HELL NO!

Look, Austin can take one wrong bump and be permanently fucked for the rest of his life. That makes a visit to Suplex City (bitch) virtually impossible.

In terms of kayfabe, Brock has been built as a monster for over a year now. He destroyed the face of the company and ended the greatest streak in sports entertainment. Him losing to a part timer in a one off match - even if it is Austin - would be a huge waste of all that momentum. Even bigger than him not winning the Wrestlezone Tournament this year (which was bullshit and you KNOW it).

The only 2 people I have interest in seeing Austin face would be John Cena or CM Punk.

I think the reason it ended really bad is Heyman turned his phone on, got a text from the writers and told that to Steve when he was talking about his match. He even said, what the hell are you talking about when im sitting here talking about the match. But I wouldn't think that he would blow a fuse that quickly with Heyman. Im not sure if it was an act or what but I want to know more.

As far as the match, a Texas Death match with these two might be good. I dont know if Austin can handle a hardcore match like Brock. While it would draw really well, I dont think Texas Death is the right way to go.

And wow did that turn ugly quick. Its so strange to see the ugly side of someone you admire so much.

So Austin tells Heyman to turn on his phone and call Brock - then he gets pissed when Heyman gets a text and checks to see if it was Brock? That doesn't make sense... As most people are saying on here, the end of that interview was a complete work.

Unfortunately... the logic behind discussing such a match doesn't make sense either. As Heyman said multiple times during the podcast - Where's the Money?

Sure, a Lesnar/Austin match would bring in huge money, but it's not happening. Rumors circulated for months that Daniel Bryan's neck was a big reason they didnt want him in the ring with Lesnar. After all, Lesnar has a way of just throwing guys around, making them take an incredible amount of bumps in a short period of time... If the WWE was worried that Bryan couldn't handle that (I dont think he could either), then why in the world would they think Austin could?

The only way this match would work is for Lesnar to work completely differently than he's been working - and honestly, changing his approach, even for one match, would be bad for Lesnar in the long term. He needs to continue to be booked as a beast, and he can't be booked that way in a match against an opponent who can't take half the bumps he'd need to take.

I think they're just having fun. Brock would kill Austin in the ring. I'd rather see Austin vs. Cena I hope Austin gets Cena on his podcast or someone mentions to Austin how Cena is using his move. They could get the feud to feel personal like Rock/Cena the first time.

I can't really think of the perfect opponent for Brock. I assume HHH since he's the top heel.

Austin has mentioned the springboard stunner a number of times - including last night when Heyman asked him about it. Austin has said the same thing every time: "I like the move. I have no problem with him using it. But by letting people kick out of it, you've taken what could be a finisher and made it just another move."

...basically - he said stuff you couldn't actually say in a promo because his problem is with the psychology.

I'm happy with it long as brock wins otherwise it's a slap in takers face cuz brock beat him at 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back