• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bring back the WWF Canadian Championship

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
I've been reading the boards recently, and an idea that I don't think has come up much is the idea of reactivating an old title for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I was looking at the list of old titles, and the WWF Canadian Championship is one that I think we all remember very fondly from Dino Bravo's glorious 3 month reign in 1985, and they could bring it now. Viktor is Canadian, as is Tyson Kidd, so perhaps they could feud over the title until Tye Dillinger comes to the main roster.

Or maybe an American heel wrestler can hold it and say a Canadian will never defeat them for the title. They could defend it every week on Smackdown because Cena defends the US title on Raw and Canada is like a crap USA in the same way Smackdown is like a crap Raw.

This could only happen for about a week until it got stale and they'd have to bring in another title like the WWE Junior Heavyweight title.

Thoughts?

why? As a Canuck, if they have a title with "Canada" in the name, I want it to mean something unlike the European title which was turned into a joke. If it doesn't mean anything, then I don't want to see it. As for "Canada is like a crap USA ", only to Americans - the rest of the world loves us!

What's with the hostility towards Canada? "Canada is like a crap USA"?

Have you ever been here? Have you ever been anywhere?

If you ask anyone who is not an American which is the better of the two, the majority will not respond "USA".

What? Why? So you want WWE to bring back a championship which is just relevant to one Country? If you wanted desperately to bring back a Championship, why should you choose one Country (And most people doesn't even mind about that country a lot these days).. Maybe a European Championship can be relevant!

Cheers!!

What is wrong with everyone is it a full moon. I took the whole thing as a joke. With all the threads lately about bringing back this title and that title, and having another Diva's title, I think the OP was pulling everyone's leg.

I might be wrong, but that's how I took it. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

What is wrong with everyone is it a full moon. I took the whole thing as a joke. With all the threads lately about bringing back this title and that title, and having another Diva's title, I think the OP was pulling everyone's leg.

I might be wrong, but that's how I took it. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Christ I'm glad someone else saw it as a comedic post. It's laced with sarcasm and parody, how on earth did people not notice this?

Come on guys, no one remembers Dino Bravo fondly...

Lance Storm comes out of retirement to carry the title. He launches a Canadian division featuring Kidd, Viktor, Christian, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and Tyler Breeze.

All two Network subscribers here in Canada are on the edge of their seats.

Does anybody actually know what the term 'intercontinental' means and what regions is covers, for those who don't which I assume is plenty on here is can be interpreted of being under the umblrella of any other continent, yes people there is other places except for North America

Eh, I could see it lasting long enough to make it through some sort of skit in which Rusev rampages into the ring, decimates a handful of wrestlers who're on hand to participate in the debut of the title in a segment being hosted by some celebrity. After the celeb cowardly hands the title over to Rusev, Rusev stomps on it, puts it in some weird version of The Accolade before dumping it into a trash can, pours a bottle of Smirnoff over it, lights it on fire and the WWF Canadian Championship goes out in a blaze of momentary glory never to be mentioned again.

Realistically, there are probably very few championships with a chance of returning or being created.

I could see WWE implementing a television championship if one of the current mid-card titles is ever to be retired, I think it has a stronger chance of happening than just about anything else. A remote possibility could include merging the IC & US titles and creating an entirely new title, maybe something like the WWE Heritage Championship or something along those lines since it'd combine the legacies of two titles that've been held by some of the biggest stars in wrestling of the past 40 years. I suppose it's also possible that a television and heritage titles could be created to put add some degree of freshness to the mid-card titles but I think there's a better chance, though still not a good one, of it happening when Vince steps down.

This is bitter-sweet, because truth be told my own Mother is Canadian, but Canada is boring as fuck. The sweet part comes from the fact that ripping on Canada at all for being boring is cathartic no matter what mood I'm in.

All Canadian Championship matches would be decided in Lumberjack Matches, commentators would make gratuitous mention of how awesome Bret Hart was and the Prime Minister of Canada himself would mark the fuck out from the stands when John Cena wins the big one for his spiritual home of Canada. This would all occur before or after actual television broadcasts.

I think all the Canadian provinces should have their own version of the championship. Imagine.....10 provinces = 10 times the fun! Plus, the three territories should have their own belts, too.

Think of it, the Northwest Territories Intra-Provincial Title?

C'mon, WWE. What are you waiting for, eh?

....I think we all remember very fondly from Dino Bravo's glorious 3 month reign in 1985.....

My heart still does flip-flops when I think of Dino. Not only did he work a decent match, but when he sat and watched TV, he could use his stomach as a snack tray!

dino.jpg

Hell, why dont they bring back the North American Heavyweight championship?? Or better yet...the Intercontinental tag team titles! Bet you never knew THEY existed!!

Haha, I like how some posters actually thought this was a serious post!

I agree with Jack Hammer in that the only Title I think WWE could introduce is a Television Title, possibly to come in as a lower mid-card belt if and when the Intercontinental and United States Titles are combined (as they both have similar prestige right now, seems pointless having both).

Although I'd like to see the return of the Hardcore and Cruiserweight belts, I can understand why WWE are unlikely to bring either of these belts back.

And yes I said BELT..... Fuck you, Vince.

What's with the hostility towards Canada? "Canada is like a crap USA"?

Have you ever been here? Have you ever been anywhere?

If you ask anyone who is not an American which is the better of the two, the majority will not respond "USA".

Pretty sure Tasty was in gimmick mode to get the thread over/troll the non-spam section.

Anyway, first of all LOL.

Secondly and because I'm feeling time-wastey enough to come up with a serious response, I wouldn't be averse to a new guy with essentially Lance Storm's gimmick. It's been long enough that there are plenty of new fans not familiar with the Evil Serious Canadian character that you can rip it off and it will get heat.

Thirdly, this can genuinely work as a gimmick provided you don't actually defend the thing except for like one PPV match. If this is essentially "Million Dollar Title" but for the aforementioned Lance Storm character, then yeah okay. I'll watch it.

Give this gimmick to someone who has no charisma, since having no charisma is the whole point. Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back