• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bring back Paul Heyman in a managerial role

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcbball154

Dark Match Winner
I was watching the Vengeance ppv after i was brought up in another post and as I was watching there was a backstage segment with Brock, Heyman, and Angle that was wonderful. Following this Brock fought RVD for the IC title, which was a really good match. During the interview and match Heyman did his typical thing such as screaming every time something happened to Brock, interfering in the match and just being a great mouthpiece to the guy who would get the fastest, biggest push i have ever seen.

Now Brock was not the best guy on the mic but Heyman was gold on the mic so Brock didn't have to be, all he had to was beat the hell out of everyone and anyone. Does this sound familiar to anything happening right now?

So I guess where im going with this is do you think Paul could serve his purpose again, in that I mean be the mouthpiece for a rookie and get them over huge. Now I don't think him and Sheamus go together like him and Brock did so i wouldn't have wasted it on Sheamus. So who currently in the WWE or someone outside of WWE that could be brought in could really benefit from having Paul Heyman as a mouthpiece?

So what do you guys think?

Heyman has stated that he has no interest in returning to the rasssling business but I doubt we won't be seeing him again. If he were to return to the WWE, I would like to see him guest host Raw (If it were a one time appearance) and be a "mouthpiece" for someone like Umaga. I know he's gone but personally, I think he could be huge if he didn't leave the WWE. I thought Umaga was a damn good wrestler and got some pretty nice heat. Estrada was great and all but Heyman could work wonders for that man, at least in my opinion. And as for Morgan, I'd love to see it, I think it would work greatly. Morgan isn't really the best mic guy because he leaves all the talking in the ring.

Hell yeah! Heyman needs to be brought back as a manager. I think he would be great with Shelton Benjamin. Heyman could come in and just go off about how Benjamin is one of the world's greatest wrestlers and he gets no respect at all. We all know Shelton is great in the ring, but isn't gonna light it up on the mic. Heyman and Benjamin would be a great heel combination. With Heyman on the mic and Benjamin in the ring, we could see the next great heel of the WWE!!! Heyman was always a great manager. Not only with Brock, but also going back to his days in the AWA. He can definitely help any wrestler develop into a great heel.

I think that if Paul E. were to go to any wrestling organization it should be with Ken Anderson. Heyman was the one to get him his initial break, they are close friends, and have been working together closely for the better part of the year. It would just really complete the ensemble of two good talkers feeding off of each other. It seems unlikely that he will go back to wrestling, for the time being at least. Whether it be with the WWE or TNA, Paul Heyman would be an asset to either.

I think that if Paul E. were to go to any wrestling organization it should be with Ken Anderson. Heyman was the one to get him his initial break, they are close friends, and have been working together closely for the better part of the year. It would just really complete the ensemble of two good talkers feeding off of each other. It seems unlikely that he will go back to wrestling, for the time being at least. Whether it be with the WWE or TNA, Paul Heyman would be an asset to either.

Anderson is too good on the mic. So even though they are good friends and it would be very entertaining, it wouldn't really serve the purpose. I think Heyman could help better with someone who isn't that good.

About Benjamin that would be awesome i guess i was just thinking big guys for some reason but good point about benjamin

Yeah, there's a handful of guys in WWE who have the potential, but desperately need a mouth piece. Particularly Sheamus and McIntyre. And Heyman would be absolutely perfect for both those guys. In fact, I'd love to see him manage both guys at the same time. I have no complaints with that.

The truth it, just like Vicky, Heyman is a heat magnet due to how incredibly annoying he is. His irritating voice goes through your brain like a hot knife through butter. He's one of those people that if you were having a conversation with him you'd punch him. Not cause he's a bad guy, but because of that damn voice.

And while he does have an annoying voice, the guy can talk. He really helped get Lesnar over and he was entertaining as hell announcing as a heel during the Invasion. I'm hoping that Vince does eventually get over his ego and let Heyman back into the WWE.

Heyman has little interest in returning to wrestling and rightfully so. The overall product is currently quite stale and he's doing well for himself outside of wrestling. If by chance he did return to wrestling and wasn't working as a booker and instead as an on air talent, I would prefer him as a commentator as opposed to a manager.

Paul Heyman was a great mouthpiece and was responsible for getting many of the wrestlers he managed over, but where he truly shined was as a heel announcer. His interaction with Jim Ross is arguably some of the best in the history of professional wrestling. He knows how to push your buttons, knows how to turn a phrase and most importantly he understands how to get over a character. Unfortunately Vince has abolished the role of a heel commentator in the WWE so I doubt we'll see it anytime soon and especially at the level of Heyman.

He was a decent manager, I would have no problem with him coming back in that role. I always found him obnoxious and annoying, but whatever, some people like that. As long as he stays away from commentary (I still feel like muting Mania 17 everytime I watch it) I won't have a beef with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back