• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bring back Lex Luthor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel The Fire

Getting Noticed By Management
Michael Rosenbaum is the man that played lex luthor in smallville. I think he did an excellent job and nobody else played the role like he did. Not even kevin spacey. They both did good jobs in the role of lex but I think Michael did a better job at it.
In season 8 they killed him off BUT they have been making small hints through out the other season's that he could be still alive.

I have all the seasons of smallville and I think the next season "10" , is going to be the last one. I hope they do bring him back because superman is not superman with out lex luthor.

So for all the smallville fans out there. Do you think it is still possible to bring back lex luthor for the next season?
Have you herd any rumors about season 10 that Michael Rosenbaum could return for one more season?

Season 10 is the last one, Welling confirmed it earlier today.

Will we see Lex? Damn rights we will, the season finale with the 'flash forward' has Lois reading the planet on Luthor running for president. Why would they do that if they're not bringing him back?

So all in all they do need Lex, simply because he's a huge staple of the DCU and having him 'killed off' would just be like killing off the Joker before Batman puts on the suit.

So for all the smallville fans out there. Do you think it is still possible to bring back lex luthor for the next season?

Have you herd any rumors about season 10 that Michael Rosenbaum could return for one more season?

It's almost definite that he will be back. He is the main protagonist- He is the Kingpin to his Daredevil, the Green Goblin to his Spiderman, the Lex- you get it. Would be quite moronic if they killed off Lex for good before Clark Kent becomes the poster boy of the entire galaxy. You need Ultimate Evil to take on the Ultimate Good.

And hell, they brought Chloe back in like Season 3 or whatever. Lex will come back, because that's what the comic villains do.

Although I haven't heard any rumors on the subject, I have faith they won't kill off the main villain of Superman before Superman becomes the world's hero.

Kingpin didn't die in Daredevil. Green Goblin didn't die in Spiderman (comic-wise; maybe they will adapt that to the big screen). And Joker didn't die in The Dark Knight. It would be foolish to kill off Lex Luthor for good.

And I'm positive the same actor will return as well, for shock value alone.

I hope Lex comes back too because this past season has been nothing but a bore in my opinion. There were some interesting episodes with the Justice League and so forth, but Tess was a really boring character. Zod and the Kandorians didn't do much for me either. If this is the last season then hopefully it will go out with a bang with Clark finally achieving his destiny as Superman and Lex finally coming back to rule with an iron fist. Seeing Lois in a few skimpy outfits or bikinis wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah, the flash forward should all but guarantee that we haven't seen the last of Luthor. Remember, we don't have any actual conclusive evidence that Luthor ever died. His DNA in that truck? Its Smallville. Could have easily been a setup, Luthor faking his death, to go into hiding, to further whatever dark agenda he has.

Possible? Anything's possible. Probable? Not very. First, MR signed on to do another show for the 2010-2011 season (which is probably Smallville's last), which actually some what pokes fun of his prior employ.
Second that flash forward was for 2012-2013... not 2011. Could he do a one off for the series finale? That's do-able, and the most likely of scenarios if anything.
Also I heard the big baddie of all next season is Darkseid...

p.s. Yea they "killed him off" but Lex certainly isn't dead.

Wait, you're talking about Smallville right? The TV show where Kal-El is a pretty boy in his twenties, hasn't made himself public yet, but has met up with most of the freakin' Justice League already? And there's doubt as to whether Lex Luthor, the anti-Kal, is still alive?

I won't repeat the cliches used by everyone else already, but of course he'll come back, otherwise they'd be giving the finger to every part of the Superman mythos by killing off his arch enemy before he even becomes a super hero.

The final season of Smallville and your big bad is Darkseid?

That's like a TV series about Batman and in the last 20 episodes, his main villain is The Penguin or Mr. Freeze, that just doesn't fit.

Lex Luthor must come back or Season 10 will just be a waste of a series finale when they arrive at that point.

The final season of Smallville and your big bad is Darkseid?

That's like a TV series about Batman and in the last 20 episodes, his main villain is The Penguin or Mr. Freeze, that just doesn't fit.

Lex Luthor must come back or Season 10 will just be a waste of a series finale when they arrive at that point.

Just because Luthor is Superman's mortal enemy, doesn't mean he's Superman's most dangerous and powerful enemy.

See with Batman, the Joker's his worst enemy because he's caused Batman more suffering than anyone else. He killed the 2nd Robin, he paralyzed Batgirl, he killed Jim Gordon's 2nd wife etc, etc.

But in a TV show if you're going to have a massive final season where there's an ultimate villain, it probably wouldn't be the Joker. It'd be Ra's Al Guhl or Hush, or several of the Arkham inmates at once.

Lex Luthor is just the guy who's always been a thorn in Superman's side. Villains like Brainiac and Darkseid have caused Superman faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more torment than Lex Luthor has.

So yes you've watched Luthor as Superman's nemesis, but you're more likely to get an epic season finale pitting Superman against the Lord of Apokolips than you would against Lex Luthor and all his money.

Final season needs lots of fireworks, space battles, DEATH, and emotional turmoil. Superman v Darkseid and the hordes of Apokolips would accomplish that with so much ease compared to Superman v Luthor A-gain.

Honestly I haven't watched the show in a few years but its just one of those things that I keep telling myself I'll get back into. But if its true that Darksied will be Clark's final enemy than that would completely ruin the series. Clark shouldn't even have met him yet. I don't know how much of the show is set in the town of Smallville anymore but I always figurd the title was more like an expression for the pre-Superman Clark Kent anyways.
Now I understand how an actor like Rosenbaum would want leave for other things but he helped make that show and I'm sure the show did the same for him. But he needs to make just one or two more appearances in the end but if they want to bring in Darksied atleast have them team up or something. Maybe after CK defeats DS have the characters learn that soembody was helping Darksied out with stuff and have turn out to be Lex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back