Brilliance Wrestling Questionaire: Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilliance In Supremacy

Getting Noticed By Management
Since you guys appear to be responding heartily to my "list threads", and I realize that I am good at asking analytical questions, I've decided to establish a weekly 3-question thread. I promise I will do my best to get your wrestling minds thinking. Keep answers short but sweet. Use potent examples and you will be respected by other users on these message boards. Enjoy:)

Question 1) The dropkick is one of the most basic yet underappreciated move in wrestling. Of the many wrestlers that use it as a signature move, who do you think has the best dropkick? Why?

Question 2) Different wrestlers have different styles of wrestling. Most devout fans favor one type of wrestling style. What's your favorite style? Why?

Question 3) Hardcore wrestling is sometimes referred to as garbage wrestling. Hardcore legends are often referred to as stuntmen. Nonetheless, many of us enjoy the pain that these guys take. What's your take on hardcore/garbage wrestling?

Answering my own questions....

1) I believe the most dropkick goes to Randy Orton. I'm no artist or anything, but he just has a beautiful dropkick. He gets quite high and delivers it well. He has one of the few dropkicks in wrestling that actually draws a crowd response

2) It is no mystery that I love the technical style of wrestling. Not necessary technical as in submission-transition-submission-transition-submission. I enjoy more of the mat style wrestling that guys like Angle, Benoit, and Bret and Owen Hart are/were so good at. You wanna talk about true artistry in the ring, mat wrestlers are it.

3) I love hardcore matches...as long as they are not excessive and they make sense!!! Even though Vince McMahon hates hardcore wrestling, the match between Edge & Foley @ Wrestlemania 22 is one of the greatest ones I've seen. Some are just too violent to a point where its excessive and just doesn't make sense (CZW). Hardcore wrestling, when used intelligently, is a wonderful style of wrestling. WWE needs a Hardcore Champ that freely travels between the three brands.

I am loving the lists at the moment, really gets you thinking, gonna look forward to this each week :)

1) Paul london has the most impressive looking dropkick in my opinion he proper goes for it each time and it comes across, the full backflip rotation is smooth and clean each time as well.

2)I would have to say X-division/Cruiserweight Style matches, i mean i dont hate technical mat based stuff and a good X-division wrestler Will have the abilty to fly, and incorporate Mat based work into there performance, i love the innovation and reversals, that feeling of not knowing where the match will go next. (one thing i do hate though is brawlers..kick...punch...kick....punch......what next......uhhh....punch)

3) There is two extremes to hardcore matches and to have a good hardcore match you need to sit dead center. At one end you have IWA:MS and CZW over the top violence (cutting with scissors, glass embedded everywhere, just trying to see how much blood they can draw from someone before they have to call an ambulance) there no innovation in it and no beliveabilty to it, then you have on the other extreme a style that saturated WCW and Alot of the WWE's stuff; too much novelty ( lets just hit each other with stop signs, brooms, steve blackmans novelty sticks, norman smiley with a trashcan on his head). To have a good hardcore match it needs to be believable, you need to be using the weapons for a reason; because you want to inflict more pain;because you just cant pin the guy etc, and you need to utilise what you have chairs, nearby tables, announcers desk, items that seem like you just found them whilst looking for a weapon, not specially placed trashcans full of hilarity. A great hardcore match for reference to try and understand what i am rambling about...........tell you what... matches like... Cactus jack vs Triple H @ Royal rumble 2000, the last two matches on Barley Legal 97 ( both matches roll into one, you know the match i mean :) ) and although i mentioned i dont like over the top stuff, it just gets to the line but doesnt cross it for me, its terry funk vs sabu@Born to be wire 97. Those 3 matches opitomise great hardcore matches.

Thank you and goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back