Brett Farve a colt?

daddyJ_t

Getting Noticed By Management
colts owner jim irsey tweeted that hes in farves hometown in a crytic message this weekend indicating that he interested in signing brett for the season since mannings doubtful for the opening of the regular season. now here is my question, what could u see happening if this came to fruation. now the superbowl is here in indianapolis this year and as much as i hate farve, id like to see him come to indy for between him and peyton, a trip to the superbowl is almost guaranteed id like to think. what are your thoughts on this and what do u see or would u like to see if this happens. i will leave u with irsays tweet....."I'm in Hattiesburg ... is it right or left at the Firechief?" the whole article is on cnns website

Manning is questionable for the opener but history shows that he is more then likely going to be out there when it comes down to it. The tweet from Irsay was obviously more of a joke then anything. I highly doubt one of the best GM's in the NFL would be going to twitter to announce possible roster moves, cryptic message or not. Even if Manning is out for a week or two to start the season bringing in Favre isn't going to solve that.

The season is only three weeks away, Favre is 41 years old, and he is coming off a bad year. If anything I see the Colts resigning Jim Sorgi who is an unrestricted free agent. He knows the offense better then any qb outside of Manning and could come in right away and start. Painter has been unimpressive in the pre season and Dan Orlovsky has been even worse. A veteran back up would help the team but Favre is not the right guy for the job.

heres the thing about sorgi, he screwed up his shoulder in practice awhile ago and thats why the giants dumped him. i do agree that a healthy sorgi would be a perfect fit, but damn, imagine what farve could do with the weapons the colts could offer him. wayne,gonzolis,collie,garcon, and clark? what else could a qb ask for. if actually asked, i think farve should give it one last hurahh and finally go out with a bang and have one last legit shot at another ring. u have to admit after that last season with the vikings, wouldnt you want one last redemption chance?

A.)There is No way Favre is going to come out of retirement to play second fiddle to Peyton Manning

B.)Favre made what? $17 mil. to play QB for Min. last year, no way the colts are going to give a 41 yr. old beat to shit QB anything close to that kind of money to come out of retirement to play back-up QB to Manning, who's the highest paid QB right now.

C.)Favre hasn't taken a team to the SB in over 12 yrs., what the hell makes you think he's going to be taking the Colts anywhere close. Especially since he'll be riding the bench as soon as Manning is healthy & ready to come back.

D.)Favre doesn't know the offense at all, what makes you think he's going to be able to just step into a new offensive system and just fling the ball around like he was in his prime again. It's not going to happen, Favre would get killed out there... again, just like he did last year.

Dude seriously this is not going to happen, to think it would, & that if it did that it would fucking work is just silly, & you are clearly living in a fantasy world.

OH MY GOD NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO! I DONT WANT BRETT FARVE ON MY TEAM! i really hope this was all a huge joke because they dont need farve plus the fact farve just needs to retire and stay retired i cant stand him anymore its really annoying how he keeps coming back hes like herpes now he just wont go away! even if peyton isnt 100% for week 1 if he can get out there its pretty clear he will hes all about the team so if he can he will be out there leading the team like always

see i do agree, id rather not have farve here speaking as a colts fan. but also he would be the best availible qb if u do need even a temp fix.. speaking from a business point(i work downtown indy) farve would be great in indy. cause the possibility of farve playing in another superbowl? that would be great for indy. alot of people in indy(businesses) do not want the colts in the superbowl this year cause it will hurt business jus like when butler was in the championship game here in indy.home town teams dont drawn as much business as out of town people. now i believe farve playing for the colts and if they did make the superbowl might negate the "hometown" thing. cause everybody would love to see brett compete for one last chance for glory especially after last year

no fn way, what a swerve. i thought for sure the colts were gonna sign farve.... but nooooo they went down south and found and signed kerry collins instead. some of the colts arent too happy that painter in pushed aside, but hell if they get that ring under collins and manning, i betcha they arent going to say shit.

If you really thought they'd sign Favre then you really don't know shit about your franchise at all, no team in the NFL is going to sink over $50 mil. in one year on the QB position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back