• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brendan Shanahan

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
If you know anything about me, it is that I grew up with two teams in my heart. The Vancouver Canucks and the Detroit Red Wings. We will focus on the latter for this piece here. One more part of that childhood has retired.

Watching the Detroit Red Wings win the cups back to back was a thrill. Focused around a great team that had Federov, Lidstrom, Yzerman, and Brendan Shanahan. Shanahan was the man of the team.

But now he has retired. After two decades of play, since I was a new born baby, one of my favourite players has hung up the skates after his career had winded down. Thanks for the memories Shanny.

I always hated Shanahan, mostly because he always torched the Rangers. Then he became a leader for the Blueshirts, and it was amazing how quickly that all changed.

He's an all-time great, and will be dearly missed. We all knew he was on his way out, but no one really knew when. I'm sure we'll be seeing him getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame as a first ballot entry.

Enough can't be said about Shanny. Started and ended with New Jersey, had a great record, won a few cups, and soo much more. The guy was a great player and mentor to a lot of guys throughout the league. In New Jersey I know recently he had worked with Parise, Zajac, and especially Clarkson whom I feel would not be doing half as good as he is without playing with Shanny and working with Shanny as long as he did. Even last season the guy was great. Joined the Devils about 1/2 through, scored in his first game, and never really lost momentum. Did he score as much as normal? No, but the amount of support he gave the young guys on the team as far as passes, set ups, and everything else was simply amazing. Shanny you'll be missed by all hockey fans and I think I speak for everyone here when I say thank you and enjoy your retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back