• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking: Lockdown To Take Place Jan 9th In NYC

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
ImpactWrestling.com said:
On Friday, January 9th, TNA is bringing the six-sides of steel for an episode of Impact. For the first time ever, LOCKDOWN will be on broadcast TV with every match contested inside the steel cage during this very special episode on Destination America. The first place you can see this great night of action is LIVE in NYC.

It's official. Lockdown is NOT going to be a PPV and it seems TNA will not be doing PPV's again anytime soon. It seems Lockdown will be #4 of 4 taped episodes of Impact as they'll begin their UK tour at the end of the month with tapings taking place there too. I'm not sure how I feel about this as for one, I was expecting these special episodes to be on special timeslots. Not to mention it's TNA's most successful PPV event reduced to a 800 person show instead of waiting a bit.

As a fan with a ticket for Friday the 9th, I'm ecstatic about this news. I'll be in the house for the show, so why wouldn't I be excited?

I did read a few weeks ago that their shift to four PPV's per year wasn't going to change going to Destination America, and this news kind of confirms that. I'm OK with it. They should be focusing on putting out a really, really, really solid television product right now with the show on a network with such a smaller market reach. The key should be to bring back any and all fans they may lose over this by making them want to purchase that higher cable package to get DA, and to re-gain the fans they've lost over the years. The thing about the PPV model can be changed when they show to be a company who can operate in the black producing just four a year first.

The way I see it, the focus should be on giving Impact more attention. If they're still gonna do four PPV's throughout the year then this should be fine. I would've figured if they are gonna go this route then they would do this as a One Night Only special. I'll be tuning in nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back