• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Bound for Glory] Aftermath Discussion

anvilx8

Pre-Show Stalwart
I dunno... BFG was good, but usually after a promotions biggest event of the year, there should be alot of "questions" finally answered. Its supposed to be the culmination of a years worth of storylines. This seems backwards. After watching BFG theres more QUESTIONS than there are answers, and I'm more confused than before.

- Is Aries heel or face??
- Is devon a leader of Aces & 8s?
- Who else is in Aces & 8s? I really thought we'd see most of the group revealed.
- What is morgan doing with Ryan?
- Is bully ray a full on face now!?
- Is Tara's BF in TNA to stay?
- Is this the last we see of Joseph park? and is abyss coming back?

I know its good to have some ongoing questions to make sure fans tune in... but come on!

here are my predictions

- Is Aries heel or face?? i think he will turn into a heel or a tweener
- Is devon a leader of Aces & 8s? no i don't think he is
- Who else is in Aces & 8s? I really thought we'd see most of the group revealed. JJ will be in it, can't think of any other members
- What is morgan doing with Ryan?bodyguard
- Is bully ray a full on face now!?i think he's still heel he just played a face for that match
- Is Tara's BF in TNA to stay?i would say so, hasnt he been training
- Is this the last we see of Joseph park? and is abyss coming back? i hope so

The BFG culminated some feuds and extended the most important ones. Jeff Hardy and Aries had one match, and it was a pretty good match why not continue the feud and further develop Aries new heel character. The Aces and Eights fiasco to me personally was handled greatly, yes sure it was only Devon but anybody expecting some major star is silly. It's a logical move and provided a good enough swerve to make people tune in to Impact next week, which is the most important thing in the first place.

As for the other things, just because it is the biggest show doesn't mean every question and feud has to be ended definitevily. If that was the case i know it is a poor example but then we wouldn't have a PPV like Backlash where the major angles and feuds play out a little longer.

BFG really did feel like just another PPV for TNA. There was no special feel to it and I think the "payoff" of Devon as the first face of A&8's was a MAJOR let down. Devon is a solid hand but is not somebody that you build a big piece of a program with. I would of bought Matt Morgan in that roll before Devon. The Aries/Hardy match was good but predictable. I didn't like the placement of Roode/Storm and honestly, I didn't really get any OMG moments which you really should get out of the biggest show of the year. Decent show, but disappointing considering the supposed magnitude of the event.

- Is Aries heel or face?? Aries will be the heel to Hardy's face, at least for the time being. Hardy's heel turns have always been unsuccessful. Plus, now that Aries is out as champ it reopens the opportunities for Bobby Roode.
- Is devon a leader of Aces & 8s? Devon? No. Anyone but JJ or Bischoff is fine by me. Hopefully they haven't set this up with someone TNA "hoped" to sign. Again.
- Who else is in Aces & 8s? I really thought we'd see most of the group revealed. I was hoping for a bigger payoff as well. Devon makes sense, and it adds the dynamic w/ Bully Ray in the match.
- What is morgan doing with Ryan? Wasn't Al Snow talking mad s#*$ about Morgan in the Impact vignettes leading to BFG? If so, this is less about Ryan and more about Snow for Morgan.
- Is bully ray a full on face now!? He's the best heel in the company, if not all of pro wrestling. Turning him face would be a huge mistake. Hopefully this is a one-off.
- Is Tara's BF in TNA to stay? The whole storyline is stupid and needs to die as soon as possible. Tara is the champ. BFD.
- Is this the last we see of Joseph park? and is abyss coming back? Fingers crossed you're right. Maybe his time tortured by Aces & 8s will snap him back. Some split personality story, whatever. Just bring back the monster.

I don't know that I would say it was completely backwards. I thought it did have a big Pay Per View feel. We got the payoff to Roode/Storm. Although, I thought making a street fight with all the tacks, trash cans, etc. was out of place for these two. Street fight sure, but tacks, that seems beneath Roode. I just didn't like the payoff, but we did get it. Also, it should have been the match right before the Aces & 8's.

We solidified the TV Champion and should see a new feud there. We upgraded the x-division title. We should see the end of the Angle and AJ/Daniels and Kaz fighting. I think we'll move on to a Chavo/Hernandez and Kaz/Daniels tag feud. Hardy got his redemption. And we finally got a reveal on the Aces and Eights.

Sure, there are questions. And yes, there were answers. I think the problem was we wanted to see the complete reveal on A&8's. We didn't get it. Devon felt like a let down. But, logically, Devon makes sense. He's the guy who's been letting them in the building. He turned on TNA over jealousy of Bully's push and his de-push during the BFG series. But, since he's the one letting them in the building, he won't be the leader. I don't think he's the VP. I think last night was his initiation into the club.

if the last few years have shown me anything this thursday will be total nonstop acting. yet that is how sports ent. answers question nowadays. so i for 1 will watch this impact in fast forward. you dont have to take my word for it either watch last years impact and then the one before that and so on. talk talk talk

Aside from Roode and Storm, I thought the show was total crap. I'm not saying this based on my "high expectations" or finishes "I would've done better", I'm saying this as a viewer.

1. RVD and Ion was mediocre. At best.

2. Didn't watch the KO's match but caught Godderz getting in the ring. He has a look to him. I feat that's the only thing he has.

3. The Aces and Eights thing. WHY GOD WHY? Of all the people you recently fired, D-Von is the one? The only saving grace is if Shelley and Sabin are a part of Aces and Eights as well. Otherwise, why the fuck was Bully all painted up? I figured it would've been nice if he had turned heel mid-way through the match but no. He was pure cheesy babyface in that match. WHY?!

Also, the ending was just horrible and 90% of the fault goes to Tenay and Taz. What the fuck was that? It's like they didn't even notice the finish.

"Wh.. m ... uh .. Mike ... [30 seconds silence] ... Mike .. did ... Mike ... ah ... did you ..."

Fuck those two.

4. Hardy and Aries was good and I'm okay with the finish. I just wish Aries would've held on to it but that's a personal preference.

5. If you're gonna have Kaz and Daniels drop the straps, at least drop them to AJ and Angle. This will probably lead to the 1000th AJ vs Angle feud. "Can't wait".

Overall, I didn't like it. I thought the arena looked like shit, the fans weren't into it as much as they should, the commentators were ABYSMAL, most of the finishes sucked, the decisions were anticlimatic and it was just a bad pay-per-view with a few minor exceptions.

I'm not even looking forward to watching iMPACT. Fuck it, they'll have to earn my interest again with some good TV. You don't do that shit on your "biggest PPV of the year". Which at this point they should drop in terms of importance because the London taping looked and felt better than Bound for Glory.

If you were expecting big, shocking surprises on last night's show to rock the foundation of TNA and that would generate awe inspiring buzz across the internet, then you flat out despised Bound for Glory 2012. The only real surprise of the night was Devon being revealed as a member of Aces & Eights, not that it's a good surprise though. I mean..well it's Devon. It's not exactly something to get all that thrilled about. I have to disagree with The Wolfpac on the aspect of expecting some big star. Bound for Glory is supposed to be TNA's WrestleMania. Everyone from wrestlers to commentators to referees call BFG TNA's biggest show of the year constantly, so it's not unreasonable to expect something big to happen. Aces & Eights is what TNA has invested most of their energy in over the past 6 months and it was 90% of the focus for BFG this year, so with all that hype and all that attention, revealing Devon as being the first member just didn't generate that wow factor at all. A lot of people were hoping for a major reveal instead of a career mid-carder.

However, I thought there was some good wrestling matches on the show altogether. The card as a whole suffered because there were several matches on the card that didn't really get the hype they should've. The X Division & TV title matches were pretty decent, 2.25 stars in my eyes, but they felt like they didn't really matter. The positive of those matches was that RVD won the X Division title and Joe retained the TV title. RVD is the overall biggest star that's been involved in the X Division for years and a lot of people have wanted him to be there since he came to TNA. If TNA can't muster the effort to making the X Division relevant with RVD as its champion, then they should just scrap the whole damn division and be done with it. Joe needed to retain here as the TV title is something that's never truly been solidified as a meaningful championship at any point in its existence, so this was a step in that direction.

The Storm vs. Roode match was a strong 3.5 star brawl in my mind that delivered a good blow off to this feud. It's just a shame that the feud lost so much steam over the past several months. Personally, I thnk a lot of people would've preferred seeing Storm vs. Roode as the main event for the title at this year's show, but that didn't come about. Still, they did their best and put on a good physical brawl. They made the match about Roode & Storm rather than King Mo. It's been a while since we've seen thumbtacks so the novelty felt fresh even if it was a bit extreme.

Al Snow vs. Joey Ryan went almost like I figured it would. The only real difference being Matt Morgan interfering. While Morgan's appearance was a surprise, you can't help but feel that he's still only in TNA because WWE isn't hiring TNA guys until all this legal stuff is settled. Otherwise, he'd probably already be in WWE. What did happen as I figured was Al Snow basically making Joey Ryan his bitch for about 8 minutes. There was a ref bump and Morgan comes out and destroys Snow, allowing Ryan to get the win. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Morgan but I hate the idea that Joey Ryan, a guy that 6 months ago had the only good competetive match of the Gut Check competition against Austin Aries, couldn't beat a retired company executive. Lousy showing altogether.

The TNA World Tag Team Championship match was ok, about 2.25 stars but nothing to really get excited about. Everyone's known since Hernandez & Chavo formed a team that they'd be the champs within a couple of months and that's what went down last night. Some good action but nothing that happened here is going to improve TNA's practically dead tag team division. Like Zion said, it's likely we're going to see AJ Styles & Kurt Angle move onto a feud, yet another feud that we've seen Styles in time after time. Like with Daniels, it'll deliver good matches but the spark just isn't there anymore. We've seen it both too much and too frequently.

The Knockouts title match was, again, extremely predictable. TNA seems to have lost faith in Tessmacher since she gained the title. Prior to her gaining the title, she had some pizzazz about her, some personality. Since winning the title, however, she's become a generic babyface. Tary gets the clean win at the 6.5 minute mark. I dunno who the hell that guy was that came in but I'm guessing it's Tara's "boyfriend". The crowd should've broken into a "who are you?" chant. 1.25 stars.

Sting & Bully Ray vs. Aces & Eights wasn't much in my eyes, maybe 1.75 stars. It's one of those matches where you really just kinda want the match to get out of the way so that the big reveal can happen. The match was a little chaotic, as expected, but it just didn't work for me. Sting & Ray got the win and the first member of Aces & Eights to be revealed is Devon. As I said earlier, this was a huge letdown if you were expecting some major star that'd generate some big buzz. This is BFG, so having a career mid-carder just didn't gut it.

Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy was the best match of the night, a 3.75, maybe even 4 star outing. We all expected a great match from them and they delivered. It's just a shame that the build for this match didn't even come close to matching up with the wrestling match in and of itself. They worked hard and delivered possibly the best TNA match of the year. Again, the ending was predictable with Hardy winning the title. I've said in other posts that TNA wants to do whatever it can to get Hardy to sign a new deal when his current one runs out next year. Like him or not, Hardy's probably TNA's biggest money maker and they're going to try their best to keep him around.

Overall, personally, I give last night's show a B-. Storm vs. Roode & Aries vs. Hardy saved the ppv from being a complete bomb. There was some good action in most of the other matches but, in all honesty, nothing really happened that really feels important. The Aces & Eights reveal that we all knew was coming was, for me, a very lackluster letdown. This show didn't come off as if it was a big deal and it looks like TNA didn't really put much of an effort into making it feel that way. They were doing that during the BFG Series. After that, however, they just phoned it in and the show lost a LOT of momentum.

It wasn't a bad show in my eyes, but it certainly wasn't a fantastic outing either.

Reactions: TLC
Aside from Roode and Storm, I thought the show was total crap. I'm not saying this based on my "high expectations" or finishes "I would've done better", I'm saying this as a viewer.

1. RVD and Ion was mediocre. At best.

2. Didn't watch the KO's match but caught Godderz getting in the ring. He has a look to him. I feat that's the only thing he has.

3. The Aces and Eights thing. WHY GOD WHY? Of all the people you recently fired, D-Von is the one? The only saving grace is if Shelley and Sabin are a part of Aces and Eights as well. Otherwise, why the fuck was Bully all painted up? I figured it would've been nice if he had turned heel mid-way through the match but no. He was pure cheesy babyface in that match. WHY?!

Also, the ending was just horrible and 90% of the fault goes to Tenay and Taz. What the fuck was that? It's like they didn't even notice the finish.

"Wh.. m ... uh .. Mike ... [30 seconds silence] ... Mike .. did ... Mike ... ah ... did you ..."

Fuck those two.

4. Hardy and Aries was good and I'm okay with the finish. I just wish Aries would've held on to it but that's a personal preference.

5. If you're gonna have Kaz and Daniels drop the straps, at least drop them to AJ and Angle. This will probably lead to the 1000th AJ vs Angle feud. "Can't wait".

Overall, I didn't like it. I thought the arena looked like shit, the fans weren't into it as much as they should, the commentators were ABYSMAL, most of the finishes sucked, the decisions were anticlimatic and it was just a bad pay-per-view with a few minor exceptions.

I'm not even looking forward to watching iMPACT. Fuck it, they'll have to earn my interest again with some good TV. You don't do that shit on your "biggest PPV of the year". Which at this point they should drop in terms of importance because the London taping looked and felt better than Bound for Glory.

Agree with everything you said except for Aries keeping the gold. I was happy for Jeff last night. The commentary can be funny at times, but it's just not good enough. It doesn't narrate the story being told in the ring, and there is simply not enough enthusiasm. The commentators are supposed to sell the product, but no one watching is buying anything.

While I didn't watch the live PPV, I did read the play by plays on various sites. Here's some of my input to your questions....

- Is Aries heel or face?? I BELIEVE THAT AUSTIN ARIES WILL WORK TOWARDS BECOMING A ALL OUT HEEL. THE ONLY REASON THAT HE BECAME A FACE IS BECAUSE THE FANS TURNED HIM INTO ONE DURING HIS FUED WITH BULLY RAY.... THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE FANS COULD STAY BEHIND AUSTIN THUS CREATING MORE OF A TWEENER PERSONA BUT PERSONALLY I THINK AS MANY DO THAT ARIES IS A BETTER HEEL...

- Is devon a leader of Aces & 8s? NO DEVON IS NOT THE LEADER. IT'S BEEN SPECULATED THAT JEFF JARRETT OR EVEN ERIC BISHOFF OR HOGAN MAYBE THE LEADER OF ACES&8S. IN MY OPINION ERIC BISHOFF AND HOGAN AS THE LEADER MAKES NO SENSE. JEFF JARRETT HAS A REASON TO BE BEHIND THE GROUP AS HE'S BEEN REMOVED FROM TELEVISION AND HE'S HAD A LOT OF HIS BACKSTAGE POWER TAKEN FROM HIM.

- Who else is in Aces & 8s? I really thought we'd see most of the group revealed. PERSONALLY REVEALING THE WHOLE GROUP AT ONE TIME DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME. LETTING THE REVEALS PLAY OUT OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS IS MORE LOGICAL AS IT WILL KEEP INTREST(if tna plays their cards right)IN THE STORYLINE AND KEEP PEOPLE GUESSING.

- What is morgan doing with Ryan? MATT MORGAN COULD POSSIBLY BE PLAYING THE ROLE OF JOEY RYAN'S BODYGUARD. AS MENTIONED BEFORE MANAGEMENT HAS BEEN MAKING SURE THAT MORGAN STAYS OUT OF THE ARENA. SO IN THAT ASPECT HE COULD HAVE IT OUT FOR MANAGEMENT.
I STILL BELIEVE THAT HE COULD BE PART OF ACES&8S.

- Is bully ray a full on face now!? IN A WAY I HOPE NOT. BULLY IS ONE OF THE BEST HEELS(my opinion)IN WRESTLING TODAY. THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT HE WILL BECOME A TWEENER AND STILL LEAN TOWARDS HIS HEEL ANTICS. LETS SEE WHAT THE FANS ON IMPACT HAVE TO SAY

- Is Tara's BF in TNA to stay? I'VE ALWAYS LIKED TARA EVEN WHEN SHE WAS IN WWE. SHE'S ALWAYS BEEN A BETTER HEEL THEN FACE AND I ENJOYED THE STORYLINE IN WWE WHEN SHE AND STEVIE RICHARDS WERE TOGETHER. I DON'T KNOW DIDDLY SQUAT ABOUT THIS BIG BRO FELLA, BUT I'LL SAY THAT THIS TO ME WAS A LETDOWN.

- Is this the last we see of Joseph park? and is abyss coming back? NO... I THINK THAT WE'LL SEE A SPLIT PERSONALITY GIMMICK START. A FEW MONTHS BACK ABYSS MADE AN APPEARANCE AT THE END OF IMPACT. HE WARNED JOSEPH THAT HE WAS GETTING TO CLOSE TO THE FIRE(during the bully ray storyline). THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF HAVING JOSEPH PARKS AND ABYSS STAY TWO SEPERATE CHARACTERS WITH ABYSS SEEKING REVENGE AGAINST ACES&8S FOR HOW THEY TREATED JOSEPH.

Just some of my views

The first couple of BFG were awsome but now they are just like Wrestlemania which is boring pile of shit.

The only thing seperates the two PPvs is that TNA wrestlers tend to go all out in the ring. And the rest such as Joey ryan and al snow suck.

It was a solid PPV. I enjoyed every match even the Joey Ryan vs Al Snow match. I thought the wrestling was very solid too. Not to many botches. I enjoyed the Triple threat tag match even if team Super Mex won.

I did not even mind the A&8's thing that went down too. I was not expecting anything or any type of big reveal like everyone else. I was just expecting a great PPV and that is what we got.

Great job, TNA!

On the first episode of Impact after Hardy won the BFG series, Aries almost immediately became a "tweener" (for lack of a better term...I hate the word "tweener", though). It wasn't until three days before BFG that TNA finally had Aries turn full-fledged heel. That definitely could have been done better, but I think the Phoenix crowd probably would have cheered Aries no matter what.

I think Aries will remain a heel, although it was left unclear last night. Since TNA did such a sloooooow build of Aries turning heel over the past month, it left the crowd in Phoenix not knowing that they were supposed to boo him. Either that, or they would have cheered Aries no matter what; since Hardy is TNA's "Super Cena" (just like how Cena is booed in certain arenas no matter what WWE - or Cena does).

I don't think he's the leader of the group, just a regular member. He was, however, the "inside man" who had been leading the group in & out of the Impact Zone.

- Who else is in Aces & 8s? I really thought we'd see most of the group revealed.
I'm almost 100% positive that Eric Bischoff is the leader of the group, mainly because of one youtube video where someone sped up the audio of an Aces & Eights promo (the voice is CLEARLY Eric Bischoff's). I think most have probably seen this video, so I'll put it below in a "spoiler" thing-a-ma-bob (in case you don't care).
[YOUTUBE]Ug1kfHkxNEk[/YOUTUBE]
It's possible that EB has just been delivering the promos, and won't become an onscreen character. Then again, it would make sense (kayfabe-wise) if Bischoff wanted to lead another "nWo-type" group to get back into TNA (since he was exiled from the company a while back). Plus, the guy in the video with his back to the camera wearing the baseball cap looks like Bischoff's bodytype as well. I think he's the "mastermind" behind the group, but I could be wrong.

As far as other A&8 members go, the speculation obviously continues. The guy who tagged with Devon last night was probably either Mike Knox or Luke Gallows ("the arm breaker"), and most are convinced Wes Brisco is the member with the long hair. My hope is that Chris Masters is another guy involved.

That's a very good question, and one I wondered aloud myself last night! This was the swerve that baffled me the most last night (even more than Devon being unmasked).

I don't know if Morgan is now Ryan's bodyguard, or if Morgan just had beef with Al Snow. Last I heard, Morgan was on his way to WWE...but with the lawsuit going on, he must have changed his mind and resigned with TNA. I know he appeared at a TNA houseshow within the last month(ish), so hopefully we'll find out why he returned on Impact in a few days.

I dunno about that. Bully's been so good as a heel, it would be a shame to see him be a face from now on. I'm hoping that he'll go back to his old-school heel ways this Thursday, but maybe TNA will just have to gauge by the crowd's reaction to him in the Impact Zone.

It was cool seeing Bully wearing the Sting paint last night, but it was eerily reminiscent of "Bash at the Beach '96" (when Luger & Savage came out with Sting paint). I could have sworn we were gonna see someone else come out to help Sting & Bully (like Anderson or Jarrett) when more A&8 members got involved, but it didn't really happen. Just Parks got involved, then later Hogan came out. The only swerve we got was Devon getting unmasked. I knew it would probably be a letdown, but I wasn't expecting that much of a letdown. It could have been worse though, the one unmasked could have been Garrett Bischoff. *shudder*

I think so, yes. According to Jessie Godderz's official wikipedia page, he's been wrestling for OVW. TNA probably just needed a vehicle to move him to the main roster, and apparently they're using Tara for that purpose.

Is this the last we see of Joseph park? and is abyss coming back?
I think we'll see Joseph Park on TNA television again. I think when (and if) Joseph Park makes the full transformation back to Abyss, it will have to happen on screen in order to not confuse the fans (or at least the "casual fans"). I doubt last night's feat of strength from Joseph (breaking the handcuffs) was the final catalyst to bring Abyss back as an on-screen character. I feel that angle needs a bit more explanation, don't you?

I'm not interested in the other points questions but, I'm gonna go full on Fight Club and make the wild prediction that the leader of Aces & Eights is... Abyss.

So many things bothered me about this PPV.

1.) Jeff Hardy as champion... ugh. I have no idea why people like this guy. Sure he takes some pretty good bumps, but he is bland and has zero personality.

2.) Chavo and Hernandez as champions... ugh. Kaz and Daniels should have retained. Thoes two are gold together-GOLD!

3.) Aces and 8's big reveal is......Devon? WTF?!

4.) Rob Van Damn as X division champion. If this was the RVD of 1999 I would be all for it, but it isn't. It's the RVD of 2012 a burnt stoner who has the same match every week.

5.) This was the debut of King Mo... Um what did he do? Why was he there?

6.) Tara's Boyfriend-Nuff said

7.) Matt Morgan and Joey Ryan... WTF?

Okay now that all of that is out of the way onto the good.

1.) Magnus Vs Joe for the TV title was awesome!

2.) The Tag team triple threat was good up until the end :(

3.) Storm Vs Roode was great, but again why was King Mo there?

4.) I do like Joey Ryan, but why put him and Matt Morgan together? Don't we already have two tag teams just like this already (Kash/Gunner and Robbie E/ RobbieT)

What a shame I was beyond excited for this PPV and TNA just didn't deliver. Please believe me that I REALLY wanted them to knock one out of the park, but they didn't.

My problem with BFG isn't with the matches, the product, or any one superstar in particular. It's in the message we get in the aftermath. Allow me to explain:

TNA hates the stigma that they take all of WWE's trash and cast offs and drug addicts and whatnot. And recently with the acension of Roode, Storm, Aries, etc. TNA has a new generation of home-grown main eventers to compliment the old guns like Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. So things were looking up.

Look at the outlook of TNA right now though. Look at the post-BFG championship scene.

1. They had a WWE castoff and two-time TNA eff-up Jeff Hardy go over Austin Aries, the CM Punk of TNA. This would be like Randy Orton threatening to leave WWE and them feeding Punk to him for the WWE Title at Mania. WTF? If bussiness calls for them to put the strap on Hardy don't do it on your biggest stage and don't let him kick out of the Brainbuster. :banghead:

2. The X-Division Title (the most unique title in the company) went from TNA man Zema Ion (sortof a weak champion, but nontheless) to RVD, a WWE castoff who is far too big of a name for my liking to be in the X-Division at this point. This was also a random throw-in match with no feud build. Why not make your weak champ look good by going over RVD?

3. The Tag Titles went from 2 TNA guys to a TNA nobody (Hernandez) and a WWE nobody (Chavo). If Chavo's last name weren't Guerrero he wouldn't be able to find a job in wrestling, yet TNA puts a strap on him and puts him and Hernandez over a couple of tag teams that have better talent.:disappointed:

The bottom line is of the 4 champions in TNA (I don't count the TV Title, it seems to be the X-Division for big names that aren't in the main event scene and it just doesn't have any relevance to me.) 3 of them are WWE castoffs, only one of which I think even deserves to be a major player in TNA in Hardy. Austin Aries and Zema Ion could have really gained steam as formiddable champions at BFG but were booked to have the WWE beat TNA again. When will they learn? I feel like they dropped the ball big time on this one.

edgehead-I agree pretty much. I enjoyed the PPV as the matches were great, but the results were terrible! Great points made in your post here as to why that is! I have a TNA FB group (just started) and I am going to copy your words and link here with them. Well done.

I do not believe he has ever been a face, the fans turned him face and in the process he became sort of people's champion kinda like the "Rock' but with Aries, he doesn't cater towards the crowed in anyway, you always hear him telling them to shut up, etc.. When you watch the moments when they were in the U.K. he was a full, cocky heel and he got the most cheers, I believe it is due to his passion and his charisma, people have just simply fallen in love with him..

I doubt it, there is still more members to reveal and I believe the last one to be revealed will be the leader.. I think Devon probably joined Aces & 8's after his contact expired..

Wouldn't be surprised to see the following members; Matt Morgan, Crimson, Gunner, Joey Ryan..

Like I said, all Aces & 8's members, I believe the idea is that it is suppose to be non-contracted guys who have been starting a revolution against TNA management..

I don't really think he is either at the moment but they are probably wanting to make him face right about now as he has shown signs of being a bit stale since he has been a heel for so long, he will be face when he is getting the loudest pops, which won't happen yet, so therefore he is a tweener, I suspect he will get a massive push towards one of the titles as a face..

This whole thing is just dumb, every wrestling company does these mistakes though..

- Is this the last we see of Joseph park? and is abyss coming back?

Christopher J. Parks, in a way, is a lot like Mick Foley, Mick always had different personalities, he was always different people/characters.. Dude Love, Cactus Jack, Mankind and himself... Joseph Parks is just another role that Chris(his real name) plays and I suspect we will see more of him..

The bottom line is of the 4 champions in TNA (I don't count the TV Title, it seems to be the X-Division for big names that aren't in the main event scene and it just doesn't have any relevance to me.) 3 of them are WWE castoffs, only one of which I think even deserves to be a major player in TNA in Hardy. Austin Aries and Zema Ion could have really gained steam as formiddable champions at BFG but were booked to have the WWE beat TNA again. When will they learn? I feel like they dropped the ball big time on this one.

But remember that the X-Division belt can now be TRADED in at Destination-X for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship which makes the belt more prestigious than any of the other belts, all kinds of guys will want to go after it and hang onto it, it does not matter who it is.. Yeah if I was RVD, I would probably want the belt as well, trade it in at Destination-X and get my title shot for a chance to be the biggest star in the company, who wouldn't want this belt?

But remember that the X-Division belt can now be TRADED in at Destination-X for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship which makes the belt more prestigious than any of the other belts, all kinds of guys will want to go after it and hang onto it, it does not matter who it is.. Yeah if I was RVD, I would probably want the belt as well, trade it in at Destination-X and get my title shot for a chance to be the biggest star in the company, who wouldn't want this belt?

That was such a dumb rule. I really hope that it is forgotten by the time of Destination X next year. It just devalues the X title.

I thought it was most of a good PPV.

80% or so was great.

Despite generally finding RVD dull, I think his match with Ion was pretty good...

Joe Vs Magnus was a solid match. Joe keeping the title was good, hope he keeps it for a good long time.

Roode/Storm was a good little brawl. Hopefully an end to the feud, it's been over a year now, new storyline for both...

Al Snow and Joey Ryan was a pretty good match... I think Morgan should have levelled Ryan too... I'm intrigued to see what happens with Morgan, I was assuming he'd be involved with Aces and Eights...

Tag Match surprised me slightly... I assumed Angle/Styles or maybe Kaz/Daniels via cheating... Then again, with the victories Hernandez had recently I should have seen it coming. Very nice match though.

Knockouts match... Meh. None of the knockouts have had a good match in 3 years... don't even watch any more.

Sting and Bully Vs Aces and Eights was a great match, predictable in places, but a cool old school sort of match... D-Von was... Odd. A surprise, sure. I didn't like it to begin with, but if D-von and a few other 'former' TNA stars are involved, in a dissatisfied faction that could be more interesting than the WWE midcard invasion...

MAin event was a great match until the end. Aries wrestled an awesome match. He's interesting, charismatic, the fans love him heel or face. He performed a faultless match full of old and new moves, variations, modifications... and bumps.

Hardy, did the usual 4 moves he does. Every week. In the same order.

Hardy is a legend. Unarguable. Hardy is a fan favourite. absolutely.

Unfortunately, Hardy has wrestled the EXACT same match for the last 2 years, and it's not even a good match.

For Hardy to win that match against Aries, is a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back