• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boston Marathon Bombing

The Butcher

📶
2 dead, numerous wounded after 2 explosions went off earlier today at the Boston Marathon. Tragic. I'll add more in a moment.

AP said:
- Two bombs exploded in the packed streets near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, killing two people and injuring more than 50 others in a terrifying scene of shattered glass, billowing smoke, bloodstained pavement and severed limbs, authorities said.
A third blast rocked the John F. Kennedy Library a few miles away and more than an hour later, but no injuries were reported, the police commissioner said. A senior U.S. intelligence official said two other explosive devices were found near the marathon finish line.
There was no word on the motive or who may have launched the attack, and authorities in Washington said there was no immediate claim of responsibility.

I didn't see the GSD Thread, but feel free to use this one as to discuss the event in a long form manner

It's still reported as 2 dead with an estimated 86 wounded. A fire was reported in the nearby JFK Library which has since been declared an unrelated incident.

How many millions did the good citizens of Boston raise to support a terrorist group ( I R A )

Whilst I expect to get banned for this, all bombing is a cowardly act. Boston ( some ) residents actively raised money for a terrorist group. In the 1980's we lived through this threat daily. Paid for ( in part by there fundraising ) Boston

I lost my father in an I.R.A. bombing. So do not preach to me.

How many millions did the good citizens of Boston raise to support a terrorist group ( I R A )

Whilst I expect to get banned for this, all bombing is a cowardly act. Boston ( some ) residents actively raised money for a terrorist group. In the 1980's we lived through this threat daily. Paid for ( in part by there fundraising ) Boston

It appears that all this bombing has done for you is bring up the pain caused by losing your father.

I fail to see how this is relevant. This is what happens with every tragedy, though. It never fails. Some idiots always crawl out from under their rocks to justify the actions of cowards as if those people maimed and murdered yesterday had anything to do with the cause that said idiots want to champion.

I'm sorry about your father. I really am. I'm fortunate enough to still have mine and would be more than a little pissed to lose him to a terrorist act. But I would hope that I'm a big enough person that if my father did die by the hands of terrorists, I would be able to have forgiveness in my heart to his killers and compassion for victims of similar violence. You need to grow up, Sidney. I doubt your dad blames a group of athletes, people trying to have a fun run, and spectators, in America no less, for his death.

The perpetrator(s) of yesterday's act are the worst kind of vile, malevolent, just plain evil human beings. Those who would justify those actions, especially through such specious and knee-jerk reasoning as you Sidney, aren't far behind in my book. I'm not preaching; I'm diagnosing. You're diseased.

Yup. Some Irish guys thirty years ago went to communities with large Irish presences to raise money, and as a result, everything that anyone in Boston gets, they have coming to them. This is so important to you that you're willing to be all hardcore and "oh, I might get banned for this!" Way to take risks that matter, champ.

But no one can tell YOU anything. You're the Grief Monster. Your long-expired pain allows you to cast critical judgements on innocents for the actions of people they never knew over a generation ago.

But you said (some)! That changes everything! Ass.

Moderator note

Ok boys, leave it there. It's obviously very raw, and I don't think it's appropriate to be having arguments like this in a thread like this. I appreciate these things stir up all sorts, but I'm not having a news/tribute thread degenerate into a slanging match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back