Boston Is The New Title Town!

Gutter Phenomenon

Listen To CKY
For the first time in a while, every major sports team in Boston is unbeatable. And I just wanted to boast, and see if anyone can say another team is better, in each respective sport.

Boston Celtics:
Defending champs. 19 wins in a row (franchise record). Best start in NBA history (27-2 and counting). Who else can you say has a better chance to win the championship this season?

Boston Bruins:
Second most points in the NHL, and first in the Eastern Conference. They're 20-2-1 in their last 23 games. Very good chance their will be 2 of the original six in the finals this year (Bruins v. Red Wings). And if that's the case, the Bruins young players might have enough energy to out skate the vets on the Wings. Plus, Tim Thomas is stopping everything that's thrown at him.

Boston Red Sox:
Regardless of the fact NYY picked up Tex, CC, and Burnett, the BoSox will still have chemistry on their side. And this year the Rays won't be catching anyone by surprise. By the way, how many teams have won more than one title this century? One. The Boston Red Sox.

New England Patriots:
This generations dynasty in the NFL. Belichick has to be considered one of the best coaches of all time. He could turn Ryan Leaf into a Pro Bowl caliber player. Even though they lost the Super Bowl, they still went 16-0. They also hold the NFL's longest win streak. And, they're doing pretty damn good without Brady and Maroney.

New England Revolution:
Yes, they choke in the end, but they're still consistently at the top of the MLS ranks.They have the most underrated player in U.S. soccer (Taylor Twellman). He deserves to be on the National team.

I will debate this because if you started this thread a year ago, I would have agreed with you but now Boston as a city (aside from Celtics) are losing their momentum.

Lets start with the Red Sox: Last year they were the overwhelming favorites to repeat and played well all season despite injuries. One thing brought their team chestry down a lot and that man's name was Manny Ramirez. When they finally got rid of the idiot, they got a great player in Jason Bay. They had a good August and September and made their way into the playoffs where they sadly took care of my Anaheim Angels (yet again). Then, they lost a very good 7 game series to Tampa Bay. The Red Sox are still a great team but now the AL East is a hell of a lot greater than last year. The Tampa Bay Rays should be in the running and now the Yankees have the pitching to compliment their hitting (unless CC Sabathia falls off the mound from being such a fatass, AJ Burnett breaks another ligament, and Chien Men Wang breaks his leg again.). They also have ongoing conpetition from the Chicago White Sox who will look to improve their pitching this year, the Angels who are still the best in the west (despite your Red Sox owning us) and probably a surprise team. There are lots of challenges.

Boston Bruins: Bruins have had a great regular season I will not doubt you that but they also have to prove themselves in the playoffs where they have not fared well in recent years. They still have to get past the Montreal Canadiens, the New York Rangers, the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Philadelphia Flyers among others. If the Ottawa Senators have taught us anything, it is trhat having a great November-January means shit if you cant back it up in the playoffs.

New England Patriots: They have had a good season despite not having Tom Brady but they may not even make the playoffs thanks to fucked up NFL system :lmao: They certainly deserve to be in the playoffs but I point to some games where they have lost which they should have won (Pittsburgh, Jets and Miami to name a few).

Boston Celtics: I already told you I agree with you that they are a great team.

But yeah they were title town a year ago but unless another Boston team wins a title in the next few months, they will not really be one just yet.

Well, I can't really say too much in defense of those statements. Although, if you look at it from a different context, you might agree more. I'm just saying, as a region, Boston teams are more successful, across the board, compared to other cities/regions.

Here's why

New York:
Knicks = Disaster

Philadelphia:
76ers are still rebuilding

Pittsburgh:
When will the Pirates be in the playoffs again?

Baltimore:
Orioles are the AL East bottom feeders.

D.C.
No Arenas = No chance for the Wizards.
Nationals are still too young.

Carolinas:
Bobcats still need a few pieces to compete.

Atlanta:
All the teams are just a step away from being legit contenders.

Miami:
The Marlins need to stop trading away their best players if they want to be consistently good. Although I'd rather the Sox have Hanley Ramirez than Mike Lowell.

New Orleans:
Saints need to improve defense before they're legitimate.

Dallas:
Rangers have no pitching.
Cowboys are equivalent to the Mets.

Houston:
Astros need an ace in the rotation.
Rockets can't even get out of the first round. Although, they just traded Steve Francis.

Phoenix:
Cardinals won't get anywhere in the post season.
Diamondbacks being good in the NL West means nothing.

L.A:
Clippers are still too inexperienced.
Angels have to stop meeting the Sox in the playoffs.
Kings still aren't good enough.

San Diego:
Padres are rebuilding.

S.F. / Oak:
A's & Giants are rebuilding.
Warriors need an inside presence before they can compete.
No need to talk about the 49ers and Raiders.

Portland:
Blazers are still too young to compete with the big dogs of the West.

Seattle:
Mariners & Seahawks are both going the wrong way.

Denver:
Avalanche aren't what they used to be.
Nuggets aren't playing to their potential.
Broncos might choke their playoff spot away.
Rockies; Everyone looks good in the NL West.

St. Louis:
Rams need to draft real good if they want to compete any time soon.

Chicago:
Bulls aren't quite done rebuilding.

Minnesota:
T-Wolves are too young to be a threat in the West.

Detroit:
One Word = Lions

Indiana:
Pacers have been shit since Reggie Miller left.

Ohio:
Browns / Bengals always find a way to lose.
Reds are on the way up, but not quite there.

Hopefully that helped show why, as a whole, Boston is the best sports town right now.

Well, I can't really say too much in defense of those statements. Although, if you look at it from a different context, you might agree more. I'm just saying, as a region, Boston teams are more successful, across the board, compared to other cities/regions.

Here's why

New York:
Knicks = Disaster

Philadelphia:
76ers are still rebuilding

Pittsburgh:
When will the Pirates be in the playoffs again?

Baltimore:
Orioles are the AL East bottom feeders.

D.C.
No Arenas = No chance for the Wizards.
Nationals are still too young.

Carolinas:
Bobcats still need a few pieces to compete.

Atlanta:
All the teams are just a step away from being legit contenders.

Miami:
The Marlins need to stop trading away their best players if they want to be consistently good. Although I'd rather the Sox have Hanley Ramirez than Mike Lowell.

New Orleans:
Saints need to improve defense before they're legitimate.

Dallas:
Rangers have no pitching.
Cowboys are equivalent to the Mets.

Houston:
Astros need an ace in the rotation.
Rockets can't even get out of the first round. Although, they just traded Steve Francis.

Phoenix:
Cardinals won't get anywhere in the post season.
Diamondbacks being good in the NL West means nothing.

L.A:
Clippers are still too inexperienced.
Angels have to stop meeting the Sox in the playoffs.
Kings still aren't good enough.

San Diego:
Padres are rebuilding.

S.F. / Oak:
A's & Giants are rebuilding.
Warriors need an inside presence before they can compete.
No need to talk about the 49ers and Raiders.

Portland:
Blazers are still too young to compete with the big dogs of the West.

Seattle:
Mariners & Seahawks are both going the wrong way.

Denver:
Avalanche aren't what they used to be.
Nuggets aren't playing to their potential.
Broncos might choke their playoff spot away.
Rockies; Everyone looks good in the NL West.

St. Louis:
Rams need to draft real good if they want to compete any time soon.

Chicago:
Bulls aren't quite done rebuilding.

Minnesota:
T-Wolves are too young to be a threat in the West.

Detroit:
One Word = Lions

Indiana:
Pacers have been shit since Reggie Miller left.

Ohio:
Browns / Bengals always find a way to lose.
Reds are on the way up, but not quite there.

Hopefully that helped show why, as a whole, Boston is the best sports town right now.

Well if youre gonna look at it that way, Boston is NOT the title town yet! They have not completed the quad fecta ...Bruins haven't won anything yet! if we are goin on most titles recently than yes they are. But Detroit has also been winning titles consistently for the lats decade as well. The Red Wings have 4, Pistons have 1 and a couple conference titles. Tigers have a penant. Sans Lions of course, Detroit would be pretty damn close to being title town 2. The Knicks and Islanders are the only bad teams in new York (except for the occasional jets swoon). The Giants won last years super bowl over guess who your Patriots. The Yankees are building a dream team. The Mets now have a bullpen to go with their starting pitching and the Rangers are the 2nd best team in the east behind your Bruins and could very well win in the playoffs. Los Angeles/Anaheim is not far from competing. The Lakers have 3 titles in this decade, the Ducks have 1 and Angels have 1 and Ducks also made another Stanley Cup appearance. Bostons titles=4, LA/Anaheim's=5. So if we are looking at it that way in terms of how many titles win this decade, then LA/Anaheim is the new title town. :lmao:

Sorry buddy its easy to forget about those Red Sox...:lmao: Im an Angels fan so I tune them out. Yeah you're right, the score is 6-5 Boston. But its not complete dominance. I mean the Ducks won the Stanley Cup a couple years ago and are still a strong team this year (even tho San Jose is whopping everyone's asses). The Lakers play Boston today and are the best team in the west and LA Kings are getting better. The Angels are going to be a different team but they are still the best in the west and Dodgers are a good team as well that need a few more pieces to contend. We'll see at the end of this year what the score will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back