• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Booker T & Tough Enough

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a report at PWInsider.com, it's said that Booker T will be a trainer on Tough Enough when it relaunches in April. I like this idea a lot because I believe it's the ideal role for someone like Booker T. Booker is still in great shape and all, but I think the ideal role for Booker is something like this in which he's used to help build up and/or put over younger talent. He's still a name, he's a multi-time World Champion & Tag Team Champion and this is just a great use of a long time, high profile veteran.

Correction, we are talking about Booker T, and when u talk about Booker T, u got to remember he's the 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x WCW CHAMPION as well as u said Multi-Time WWE Champion and Over 12 time Tag Team Champion. But u right though. This is a well fitting role for Booker T. You can expect this tough enought season to be the best out of all of them, cause for ONCE you got former WWE CHAMPIONS and hosting the show. And not only will they be taught the right way how to wrestle, but most likely the objective goal is not to win a contract, but win the World Title in the process. And I beleive that's what Stone Cold and Booker T, can offer.

The thing about the last few seasons of tough enough was that you had a good trainer, but basically low-card standing Al Snow Over the show. Stiff-Necked tried to be bad Hardcore Holly. Big Not too impressive Bill DeMott, another good wrestler but not so great career in Chavo Guerrero. And Mean Jaqueline, and the Human Suplex Machine Tazz who I thought was good for the show.

I know I kinda got a little off subject, but Booker is good for the show, cause like I said u got more than 1 former world champion. And instead of training up the next WWE Superstar, they are going to be training up the next WWE Champion. Why else would they hire Stone Cold and Booker T. AND NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT????? SUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to see this. I figured they would go with him as a trainer and I have been waiting on them to announce it. He is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time so it gives me another reason to watch this show. I was excited about Stone Cold hosting it and I am just as excited about Booker being on there every week. I can't wait for tough enough. I also hope they add Kevin Nash to the mix and have him as a trainer. As long as he keeps his hair dyed black and not grey.

This a great role for Booker T. He has training experience already as he owns his own wrestling school/promotion plus he is easily the biggest name trainer Tough Enough has ever had. He is in tremendous shape and is a big name that the students will respect highly because of the success he has had in the business.

Booker T brings every quality you would want; experience, charisma, hard work. And hopefully he brings an attitude to teach.

Booker T as a trainer on Tough Enough?? I think he would be a terrific addition. He has proven to have the athletic ability, and charisma, and speaking skills needed to show everyone the full circle in terms of wrestling, and the behind the scenes of the business. With his own wrestling school he manages/managed, it would be an ooportune coaching gig for him to do. He is a no-nonsense kind of guy. In a ways, he doesn't stand for poo-putts (pardon the pun..lol). But I think that would be a HUGE brainchild for McMahon to have him on as one of the coaches. You would have him, Austin, or maybe even Finlay (since he used to coach/train the Divas), and Regal (with his experience training at the Shawn Michaels' Academy) since both have teaching experience with wrestling. That would be some other possibilities as well for this show. Just my thought.

I'm glad Booker has new role with WWE. I hope WWE adds more established vets. I don't think I could take the show serious if someone new like Dolph Ziggler was a trainer. I'm not saying he couldn't do it, but WWE needs to have some high profile trainers to get viewers to tune in. Austin as the host will probably help them much more then anything, but I hope WWE finds entertaining trainers that are just as credible as Booker T in the future.

Head Trainer HAS to be Regal...he is the Al Snow in this equation by a long way... but Booker is a great addition to the team in the Bill DeMott role.. Austin gets to be the guys who delivers the verdicts but Booker/Regal is a great team to decide the right guys...

I'm loving this. it means I don't have to watch smackdown just to see him, I think this fits perfectly for him, Yeah, he might wrestle a few matches but he don't have to push himself coming straight in to the WWE, and getting the rub off of Booker is a great way to come into this business, he can help them alot. I haven't seen tough enough before, but with Booker and Austin, I think I'm just about sold.

This could get pretty good. Not only does it give Booker T some extra screen time with WWE, but it also gives the Tough Enough competitors a great talent, who is still able to work in the ring, as opposed to Steve Austin who has the neck problems that keeps him from doing any specific in-ring activity.

Booker T is a great talent, that most certainly can prove to be a great teacher, considering his many years in the business. And I can't deny the fact that I'm gonna love seeing Steve and Booker side by side.

Booker T himself confirmed it on Smackdown. Quite honestly, with Austin and Booker I can't possibly see Tough Enough failing. You could have a bunch of horrid rookies in there and the show will still attract on coaches alone. Probably the kind of failsafe they shopuld've tried on NXT in the first place. Ah well. :shrug: Booker can be a great coach and most probably will too. He had a school not that long ago.

I think having Booker T as a trainer on Tough Enough is a great choice by WWE. I'm not sure if Austin is going to be a trainer as well or just the host. If he's just the host Booker T will definitely be the biggest star to be used as a trainer so far on the show. Booker is still in excellent shape and can still go in the ring but I think at this stage of his career this is a better choice than have him wrestle full time.

Al Snow was a great trainer but didn't have the charisma or mic skills Booker T has. You can't teach charisma but he can definitely help the trainees develop promo skills better than Snow could. I'm interested to see who else is named a trainer. With Austin and Booker T on board I don't see how this show can't be anything but a success.

Booker T being a trainer on Tough Enough is a win-win for both sides. Not to previously echo what everyone else in this thread has said, but Booker can give the participants his expertise, which he should be good at given that he owns his own wrestling school. Furthermore, the WWE can then use Booker T's considerable star power to attract ratings for the show. I also agree with what Killjoy said about how if NXT had been given the same treatment of big stars to host or be pros or whatever, perhaps it wouldn't have been the failure that it was after Season 2. But thats for another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back