• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Booker T should wrestle part-time on Smackdown

CM Steel

A REAL American
Didn't Booker T just wrestler a match on Monday night RAW against Jack Swagger a few weeks ago? Booker T still looks like he's in top shape! And can still move around with the younger guys on the WWE roster. Therefore I think that Booker T can wrestle a part-time shift on Smackdown but can still do commentary.

We see Jerry Lawler do it over on RAW. So why not Booker T? He still has alot to offer to this generation of wrestling. He's never put on a bad match. And he could be a great world champ if the WWE gives him a final run with the belt? Or he could just be wrestling on Smackdown just to put over the young talent.

But I think that Booker T can still be used wrestling on WWE TV more than just the theme RAW's on Monday nights.

I believe that he can be a good asset to put over young tallent. Or still be a viable threat to anyone in the title picture. He was in good shape at the rumble and in his match with Swagger. It's just a matter of him wanting to get into the ring. Maybe he's happy just setting back on comentary and enjoying himself.

You can't make an older wrestler wrestle. If he wants to put himself into the ring and keep doing work. Then let him go, but Booker deffinatly knows his shit. Even if they take him off the comentary he needs to be in the back.

If you notice though, Lawler isn't week-in, week-out wrestling and Booker is only just getting into the commentary role. Jerry is there to put over those upper-mid guy's who need a legend to finish (i.e Miz) and does the role perfectly, and Booker could definitely in time do the same thing. And I'll tell you where I see the first rub coming, Cody Rhodes.

Why you ask? because every episode of SD recently Booker gets handed the paper bag by Rhodes' bagmen and soon enough, hes gonna snap. If they really want to get Cody over they'll have him win MITB and then give it a couple of weeks before Booker interferes or attacks Cody post match leading to a feud for a PPV or two before we see Cody move up to take on Orton/Sheamus/Christian etc. It could also help someone like Sin Cara or 'D.Bryan!' if Cody sticks with Dibiase in this time and we see a few tag matches of Booker and the face v Rhodes + Dibiase, giving a potential rub to all 3 superstars.

Booker T should be the next RAW gm. He was great as the host of RAW Roulette, turns out Booker's fine in small doses. PLUS, as RAW gm he could definitely wind up in the ring from time to time.

Booker T should be the next RAW gm.

The problem there is that Booker works best when he's playing a happy character. He was truly enjoyable to watch as he manned the RAW Roulette wheel two weeks ago, introducing the matches and interacting with the wrestlers who made an appearance at the wheel.

To me, Booker is less effective in a dramatic roleplay. He comes across as overly angry and not as interesting as when he's bursting with effervescence. His role as King Booker became dry and stale in short order because he never fit the part of a brooding, solemn authority figure.

For that reason, he might not make a good General Manager. He could come out and issue proclamations (much like a king) but would lack the depth to cover the range of characteristics needed to play an interesting GM. Teddy Long does it just fine.

This shows in Booker's announcing, too. At first, didn't it appear as if he'd never get it right? But as time goes on and he relaxes more in the role, his natural good humor has appeared and he has done better by keeping it light. I've noticed too that as he eases into the role, he calls the action by watching what's happening in the ring, rather than keeping his eyes glued to the monitor in front of him.

But it would still be great to see him in the ring more. If he wanted to be a full time wrestler, he'd probably be doing it already, but it would be fine to see him participate in an occasional program, just like Jerry Lawler.

He did have that match with Swagger on Raw, but it was the fact that he waited so long since wrestling his last match (the Royal Rumble match) that made it special that Booker T was stepping back in the ring.

Booker T is an extremely talented wrestler and a fun guy to watch, but let's not forget that he's not quite at the same legend status as some of the other old guys the WWE has stuck in the ring such as Taker, Ric Flair, and Jerry Lawler. Because of this, Booker T will quickly outlive his usefulness as a nostalgia act if they put him in the ring every other week on Smackdown, or even every other month. Having Booker T climb between the ropes is fine, but no more than once every three months or more. He should never be involved in the title picture or in any sort of feud, he should simply be the guy that a young heel faces and either destroys or underestimates and then cheats to win.

remember JBL's return to in ring competition in late 2007? i can see something like that happening with the book-man. he has to remain a face though, he's got too much of a fun persona to be a heel. he could fill a chris jericho type roll: filling in where ever he's needed

I would support the idea of Booker wrestling some more again but only if he is putting others over. He could perhaps be a jobber to the stars when he wrestles. There is no reason to make him main event though because he already had his time at the top and he is announcing now. There are other guys who could benefit from a push more than Booker. I say let him wrestle a few matches here and there to put people over but still focus on announcing. Exactly what Lawler does, minus pointless feuds with other announcers. Booker VS Matthews would be awful.

It cant hurt to make Booker the Jerry Lawler of SD, although since hes in way better shape than Jerry he'll have to take on someone who could actually pose a threat to him.

I love seeing Booker still stepping in the ring, it always puts a smile on my face seeing a guy that I worshipped as a kid can still go in the ring after all this time and put on a show. I would support Booker wrestling part time but like alot of the guys have already said, as long as it isnt every week and he should be used to put young talent over. Keep Booker away from any main event or title picture and give him a fun match every few weeks or months so he stays active but we hopefully dont get anything like Lawler-Cole going.

I think it would be good for the WWE if Booker returned for a few months. He can do what Triple H did, when he put over Sheamus. Booker could put over some of the younger talent on SD! like Barret, Kidd, or Mahal... assuming that Booker would be a face.

To be honest, he didn't look that bad at the Royal Rumble. Plus he got a ton of fan support.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did this, but it doesn't look like they are. But, I think it would be better for Booker to part-time wrestle for RAW or SD!... his wrestling is definitely better than his commentary. Sometimes his words just don't make sense...

I could see Booker being a Manager or mentor to new and younger talent. With his credentials and his personality, he could help get almost anyone over. Imagine the Tough Enough trainer turned Manager with a stable of young studs, just champing at the bit.....could be a great way to keep Booker relevant and revive the Manager role.

Booker-T is doing (in my eyes) a good job on the commentary role he has at the moment.
I reckon they'll do a few more months with him in commentary and then possibly spark a rivalry with someone in ring, a midcard heel such as Swagger or another guy and we'll see a few matches from big book.

Until then I won't get my hopes up. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back