Book This EOY Awards Discussion

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
I'm willing to set this up if everybody wants to do this. Here are some categories I had in mind.

Best Promotion of the Year:
Best Television Show of the Year:
Wrestler of the Year:
Best Pay-Per-View of the Year:
Best Match of the Year:
Best Writer/Booker of the Year:
Best Fued of the Year:
Best Angle/Storyline of the Year:
Best Non-Promotion Thread of the Year (Book-a-Wrestler, Storyline Ideas, Ideal Rosters, Book a Card, Create your own promotion, etc..):
Best Website of the Year:

What does everybody think. We could nominate, vote for a couple of weeks, and advertise in The Cage and the GSD. Could bring traffic to the section also.

I just skimmed through the section and found about 15-20 actual shows that can be used, which by that I mean have actually had more than 2-3 shows, had actual storylines/fueds develop, even had at least 1 PPV. I know it's hard to get these things develop long-term, so I'm glad I found that many. I also found about 5-6 non-promotion threads which can be used for the thread I had for it.

Sounds a good idea Sign Guy, count me in for assisting where I can.

WPWA should take best promotion of the year considering how big it was, how much attention it brought to the section and who was involved (Theo/Vintage One, Uncle Sam, The Crock, Myself, Da Prophet). Either that or SCW.

Lets see what comes to mind here.

Best Promotion of the Year: WPWA
Best Television Show of the Year: First episode of SCW
Best Pay-Per-View of the Year: No Mercy by GCB or Unforgiven 2005 by Me
Best Writer/Booker of the Year: FalKon
Best Fued of the Year: Triple H vs Justice (RAW 2005)
Best Angle/Storyline of the Year: The Church
Best Website of the Year: VPW by Uncle Sam

I made sure to show the ones that were done by me, as in a wrote them. Can up with the angle or whatever. Also took out a couple of them, didn't have any idea of what to put.

OK, we had a decent enough banter about it in the General Discussion thread, so let's get this thing off the ground. Suggest some general categories, and once those are finalized let's start throwing out nominations.

Obviously Best Book This, Best Character, and Best Match should all be categories, but let's try and be a bit more creative with the rest.

What about: Best Show (Different From Best Match), Best Storyline, Best Championship Match (Again: Different), Best Champion, Rookie of the Year (Maybe Someone Doing Their First Fed).....I Have More...If Interested, Let Me Know

I like your suggestions. Since a lot of our BT-ers either have new projects or are new themselves and we have very few long-runners, some categories may not be feasible. That said, keep 'em coming and we'll eventually work out the final list. :thumbsup:

We could totally add that, actually. Could you either post it in the main BT forum or provide a link to it?

I agree. It had multiple people running it and great shows all around. It also brought a lot of attention to the section.

The draft thread has thousands of views, heaps of people wanted to be apart of it. We had to turn people down, many of which don't come to this section often. So that shows how much interest came from it.

Hadn't really thought of that. When we get enough nominations, maybe. Deadline could be Christmas?

Best Pay-Per-View of the Year: Ж: Kramer vs Kramer 2010
Best Match of the Year: 32 Person "We All Have Our Own Opinions" World War III
Best Writer/Booker of the Year: Vince Russo
Best Angle/Storyline of the Year: Russo kidnaps Барбоса’s non-existant son, Алехандрос

WPWF (or was it WPWA, I don't remember) or GWA would be my pick for promotion of the year, along with SCW.

As for angle I'd propose my Bret Hart angle from one of the joint ones, but it really didn't get to fruition. Same with my Swagger calling Triple H a fraud angle.

Best PPV for me would be GCB's No Mercy PPV that he just recently posted. Hell put him up for best promotion as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back