Bob's Burgers

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
Bob%27s_Burgers_promo.png

The show centers on the Belcher family who run a hamburger restaurant. Loren Bouchard stated Bob's Burgers came about, because Fox's animation brand centers mostly on family, but that he also wanted to dabble in workplace comedy. The show is said to fill the void created by the cancellation of King of the Hill, which Bob's Burgers executive producer Jim Dauterive worked on for nearly its entire run

So is anyone else into this show at all? It's nothing special in my eyes, but I still tend to watch it On Demand now and then. The best part of the show tends to be the kid's dialogue. The adults are rather bland for the most part but the the kids, the little boy especially, are usually pretty funny.

Not something I would go out of my way to keep up with, but if you're bored and looking for a laugh you might consider giving it a chance.

Helllllllll no.

I have tried to give the show a chance but it does absolutely nothing for me. I can see why it could replace King Of The Hill, but I did not like that show either.

I look at the quality of the Simpsons and Family Guy, and how much they make me laugh in almost every episode....and then compare them with Bob's Burgers...its not even close. Not a fan of this myself

Yep it's quality. Bob getting stuck between the walls and hallucinating about the nightlight, Tina's sexy zombie dream, Louise telling her class they serve human flesh from the morgue next door. :)

Not sure how many people on here are still watching the show, as this thread did not get much attention orginally.

I actually love this show. It took awhile to grow on me, as the first few weeks I was getting used to the dynamic, and not to mention the design of the characters is kind of weird to me. Frankly, the best part to me is how well the 3 kids play off of each other. Bob can be pretty funny, but mostly when he's interacting with the children as well. They all complement each other very well.

However, the real reason I revived this thread (for those of you who still watch) is has anyone else noticed the last 2 weeks they've done flashback scenes that are eerily reminiscent of how Family Guy does them? I don't know if they're trying to add more comedy as a way to increase viewership, or if it's sheer coincidence. It just bothers me a little because I like the show the way it is and I don't think they need that kind of style to be funny. Was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this...?

Meh, its ok although I don't think much of it.

I saw the first episode and always loved it when the youngest girl named the special burger "the child molester" and it "comes with candy", that was hilarious, after that it was downhill from there.

I don't mind the show, I've seen worse and its good for a few laughs but its definitely not one of those shows I have to watch every week. I thought last nights episode wasn't too bad but once again not anything to write home about. I agree the children are the star of the show and compliment each other well, Bob's OK but I don't care at all for any other characters on the show.

All in all not bad but not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back