Bob's Burgers

Formerly drewpost, Human Pop Can
FOX really hyped up the new animated series Bob's Burgers for a few months. I tuned in for the first episode and had almost zero reaction to what I saw. I also tuned in for the second episode this past Sunday, and again, nothing.

FOX has sold this show as brilliant, hilarious, and the evolution of animated series. But, I think it sucks. Completely and utterly sucks. I can not think of one good thing to say about Bob's Burgers.

So, What are your thoughts on Bob's Burgers?

Have I missed something?

Am I wrong?

I really enjoyed the first episode. I thought it was hilarious and better then anything else on Fox Sundays, besides football. H. Jon Benjamen is a tremendous voice actor and Kristen Schaal playing his daughter is just funny. They both have great voices for shows like this. I also really found the whole human meat burgers storyline from the first episode to be great. The line "Don't taste me bro!" had me rolling in laughter. Great first episode.

Now I haven't seen the second episode yet, so I cannot comment on how it was, but based on the first episode I thought it was very good. Lets not forget though, it is a new show and new shows, especially cartoons, usually have to work their kinks out for a few episodes before really hitting their stride. American Dad took a few seasons and The Cleveland Show hasn't even neared becoming a good show yet. Almost any show on Adult Swim began with a shitty first episode, mainly because the fans don't know what to expect and the shows creators don't know what their fans will like. Give it some time if you didn't like it, just remember it is new.

I'm still up in the air about it. As an enormous Family Guy fan, I was hyped to see similar shows like American Dad and The Cleveland Show. Sadly, I really don't like either. Maybe it's my fault for expecting them to compare with the original, but I refuse to help those show's ratings.

That being said, I'm going to continue to watch Bob's Burgers in hopes that it does get better. Like Indy said, sometimes little kinks need to get worked out and shows need to find their niche. As far as my first impressions, I haven't warmed up to H. Jon Benjamen's voice on a regular basis. Just something about it I need to get used to. And his older daughter is a little creepy/awkward, but as that's probably the point it's just another thing I'm willing to try and warm up to.

As far as the build up, well yeah they did make it seem like it was something amazing, but it seems like it will fit nicely between The Simpsons and Family Guy. It has a more down to earth humor than those shows which can many times go over the top.

So, I watched the show again last night and I did find some funny parts (Episode w/Moolisa the Cow).

I guess I will have to retract my statement that the show sucks...for now...and reserve judgment for a later time. The part when Bob was making out with e cow had me laughing...

So, I watched the show again last night and I did find some funny parts (Episode w/Moolisa the Cow).

I guess I will have to retract my statement that the show sucks...for now...and reserve judgment for a later time. The part when Bob was making out with e cow had me laughing...

I thought last nights episode was pretty damn funny too. Everyone catch the joke how they were gonna use an infrared camera and it was actually nightvision, without anyone pointing that fact out? I thought that was good. But there were a lot of good parts in that episode.

Last nights show was great, mainly because I am in a Film and Food class and have been watching movies and reading books on the food industry and how awful it is to animals and that is exactly what last nights episode focused on. It actually covered a very controversial topic right now but did so in a funny way which was really good to watch. I also just becoming a bigger fan of kids with each episode. They are by far the funniest part of the show. His wife annoys the piss out of me though. I am really becoming a big fan of the show.

I was completely taken by surprise with the fact that this show is actually pretty funny, because all of the hype and previews made the show look like it was going to be absolutely terrible. And I mean REALLY bad, they made it look like this was the worst animated series ever. The involvement of Loren Bouchard was a pleasant surprise as I just assumed by the previews that the show was going to be a shoddy tipoff of former Bouchard animated shows like Dr. Katz and Home Movies but with a higher budget for the animation. so when I found out it was a new show from Bouchard I felt undersold.

Fun little show from what I've seen thus far.

The only episode I caught is the one where they have the cow or whatever. I don't know if that's the first episode, or what? I hated it though. I just felt the jokes and everything to be.. not funny. It was more ignorant to me then funny. I didn't see the hype or the humor. Maybe next time I watch it i'll enjoy it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back