Bob Marley's Birthday

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Its on the 6th of February. It is so important to New Zealand that we have a day off on that day. But for some reason we call it Waitangi day.

Discuss!

There is a local week long event called "Old Threshers" in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. The school's in Mt. Pleasant actually give them a solid week off for it. Shit in my opinion.

The event is nothing but farm tractors and corn. :disappointed: It has 5 nightly concerts of country stars, but its an overall mess to me. People clutter the entire town, its chaos for 7 straight days.. horrible. I'm so happy they've built an interstate around the entire town. :thumbsup:

So is that in Celebration of Bob Marley's Birthday?

You made the statement at the end of everything, that you had the day off but called it something else. I was making a comparison that we have something thats sort of like a "holiday" as the entire town shuts its school system down for it.

EDIT: So no, its not in comparison to Marley. Just in connection to your statement on having the day off for the "holiday/event."

Yeah I was also making a veiled Political comment about New Zealand that people probably don't get. The Treaty of Waitangi was signed on the 6th of February 1846. It pretty much handed New Zealand over to the Brits. But the anti-Pakeha feeling among groups of Maori and the love of Bob Marley by a lot of New Zealand especially among Maori. There was a political cartoon last week, and it had a teacher asking a kid what the importance of the date was. The Kid responds Bob Marley's Birthday and the Teacher says good work. Quite funny. So the entire Joke is that instead of Celebrating an important part of New Zealand History we Celebrate Bob Marley's birthday instead.

Will where is Mt Pleasant?

:lmao: (I love how Shadow's point just gets overshadowed by Freedom's Question. Sorry Shadow, I understand, now, what you were trying to say)

And its in Iowa. (or did you mean more specifically, where in Iowa? Southeast corner)

well happy birthday to bob marley and can i ask a ? here is new zeland(sp) still basically under british controll lol or does it have a mind of its own lol lil quote here ... britan kinda fuckin up other peoples countrys since the mid 1600's lol no offence to british people but how does a island country get colonies all over the world from like the 1700's to today ... sry for goin off topic there

New Zealand is a country that is part of the British Commonwealth. And we under control of a bunch of Fucking Commies. So it is debatable that the country thinks for itself. Britain managed to get so many colonies by using shipping and greatuse of their Army to take over places. Like India and Aussie. But This is a topic that can be debated in the Chit Chat section as that is Just a small amount ofwhat actually hapened.

So has anyone heard about the Bob Marley biopic that Martin Scorsese's directing. It should come out around what would have been Bob Marley's 65th birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back