• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleacher Report is the drizzling shits

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
So now, including their incredibly shitty articles that they write, there's also this;

http://deadspin.com/5977632/dead-letters-all-the-hate-mail-weve-received-since-publishing-our-manti-teo-story?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I'll just shorten it a little for you all;

Subject: "journalist" my ass

To: Jack Dickey

I hope you and your little *** anti-Notre Dame partner in crime get cancer and die a slow and painful death. On the underwear that is the dying world of scumbag, tabloid journalism, you and your ******ed lover are nothing more than irrelevant and minute shitstains. Fuck you both and your families.

Signed with great pleasure,

Trevor Medeiros

Update: Our friend Trevor is a writer for Bleacher Report, because of course he is.
http://bleacherreport.com/users/602492-trevor-medeiros

Oh, and who else writes for Bleacher Report?

http://bleacherreport.com/users/854521-justin-labar

Oh Bleacher Report;
As the Titanic sinks, jack,
they arrange deck chairs

9 times out of 10 if I am reading a sports article and am wondering what moron wrote this shit it turns out I didn't realize I had been linked to bleacherreport.

They are fairly shitty. I understand that anyone can submit an article, which is a nice feature, but 99% of the articles are just rehashed shit from ESPN and other major sports reporters that aired weeks before.

We don't need 50 articles about how Josh Hamilton was the prized free agent in the MLB off season, and we don't need 35 different people telling us how the Heat are the favorites for the NBA championship.

Plus LaBar owns the words biggest shit eating grin and I hate it.

LaBar owns the words biggest shit eating grin and I hate it.

This, my God, this. This scaldy fuck could raise adopted puppies for a living, and I'd want to punch him in the face. And I'm somewhat sure I'm not a psychopath

This, my God, this. This scaldy fuck could raise adopted puppies for a living, and I'd want to punch him in the face. And I'm somewhat sure I'm not a psychopath

You have a shit list that you update fairly regularly. If you're not a psychopath you're at the very least somewhat sociopathic.

My junior year of high school there was a kid who was found to have a list of people he was going to "get" and he got suspended for like a week. I went to a high school with ~450 students. I went to a small high school. The list had a little over 100 names on it, including nearly the entire junior class. That kid turned out fairly balanced. He is a freelance writer living in Iowa City now.

My junior year of high school there was a kid who was found to have a list of people he was going to "get" and he got suspended for like a week. I went to a high school with ~450 students. I went to a small high school. The list had a little over 100 names on it, including nearly the entire junior class. That kid turned out fairly balanced. He is a freelance writer living in Iowa City now.

I thought you were going to say he turned into a big Canadian pro wrestler named Benoit or something...

That kids name, Trevor Medieros.

And with that, we have ourselves a sig quote

tumblr_mb6njlQX411qftwhy.jpg

A) Bleacher Report is terrible.
B) In light of the continuing information which has come out about Manti Te'o, stuff Deadspin conveniently never reported on, I think the letter was right on the money. Trying to ruin the life of a college kid who was the victim of an embarrassing prank is basically what the letter said it was.

B) In light of the continuing information which has come out about Manti Te'o, stuff Deadspin conveniently never reported on, I think the letter was right on the money. Trying to ruin the life of a college kid who was the victim of an embarrassing prank is basically what the letter said it was.

May very well be true; that doesn't entitle the author to homophobia, however, and for outright being a horrible person. I also doubt Deadspin had specific malicious intent to hurt this college student, as well.

May very well be true; that doesn't entitle the author to homophobia, however, and for outright being a horrible person. I also doubt Deadspin had specific malicious intent to hurt this college student, as well.

But they had no problem hurting this kid, without bothering to check the accuracy of their suggestions, in the name of making money.

By the way, I'm sure you've been following the situation, I meant to ask you...are you willing to go back on the harsh words you had for Te'o when it first came out?

I don't see how anyone can say deadspin was clearly in the wrong considering the lack of information still available now. If anything deadspin did him a favor. First off, without deadspin he still thought his girlfriend was real. Second off, without deadspin he has to explain why he has been lying about his girlfriend for a month or longer. All he has to do is create doubt he was in on it the whole time and everyone ignores the rest. What are the ND marks bitching about? Multiple teammates even thought he was possibly in on it. Why aren't we sending them letters?

But they had no problem hurting this kid, without bothering to check the accuracy of their suggestions, in the name of making money.

Deadspin did go to Te'o, his father, and his agent with the story, all of which had no comment, apparently.

By the way, I'm sure you've been following the situation, I meant to ask you...are you willing to go back on the harsh words you had for Te'o when it first came out?

A little yes. If I'm being honest, I should have waited for Te'o to at least say something, even if Deadspin did give him a chance, and he declined.

I still don't know if I buy into him completely, though. Yes, I know, he's just a kid, but you really have to be the most trusting kid in the world to fall for half of what he did. Te'o has had plenty of time to meet with his agent and publicist, and the last few days have been Te'o's spin on the story. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of Deadspin and Te'o, and even that doesn't look too great

80 percent rant

So deadspin is out to get the player because they included this one DIRECT quote? Are you fucking kidding me? Deadspin has to go to extraordinary lengths to figure out every detail of a situation that no one will talk about and then they are to blame for the overreactions of the masses to the pr statements of those that wouldn't even comment before hand? What is the worst possibility of the 80 percent comment? I guess that would be if they were duped. Sound familiar? Oh shit that is right The player was duped off his ass under unbelievable circumstances for a long period of time by an imaginary person. Even then he admittedly lied about what he was directly told for at least a month and the true details for much longer yet we are supposed to feel sorry for him. Deadspin is allegedly mislead by a real person under very believable circumstances over a short period of time and we are supposed to lash out at them? Give me a fucking break. The guys teammates knew something wasn't legit, in fact pretty much everyone except the player and the media seemed to know before during and after this whole thing. Even his damn school wanted him to come forward earlier but no this player had nothing to hide that deadspin exposed. Feel sorry for this alleged unbelievable idiot if you want but have some damn sense when you go after deadspin for presenting some solid journalism. They had something newsworthy to tell and they presented what they could find about it. Suggesting deadspin has to be clairvoyant to break such a story is fucking ridiculous.

Deadspin did go to Te'o, his father, and his agent with the story, all of which had no comment, apparently.

A little yes. If I'm being honest, I should have waited for Te'o to at least say something, even if Deadspin did give him a chance, and he declined.
Quite frankly, it was no one's business. While Te'o may never have requested his privacy during the whole grandmother/girlfriend media explosion thing, he also never asked for it either. He's a 21 year old kid who was humiliated. I don't blame the father and agent for not wanting to talk about it until Te'o was ready to do so.

I still don't know if I buy into him completely, though. Yes, I know, he's just a kid, but you really have to be the most trusting kid in the world to fall for half of what he did.
Naive, yes. But naivete doesn't mean complicity. And naivete still makes far more sense than the idea he was in on it.

Te'o has had plenty of time to meet with his agent and publicist, and the last few days have been Te'o's spin on the story. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of Deadspin and Te'o, and even that doesn't look too great
I don't remember everything in the Deadspin article anymore, but it seems as if more and more their suggestion Te'o was in on it seems false and nothing more than a sorry excuse for "journalism". Te'o has provided proof of tweets from the hoaxer apologizing, friends and family have all come out and provided other information which validates Te'o's story, Notre Dame did an independent investigation which led the AD to support Te'o (who is no longer a player at the university), Jeremy Schaap, who talked with Te'o and saw various evidence, believes him and today the woman whose pictures were used said Tuiasosopo told her he was responsible.

And at the end of the day, whose business was it? I've yet to hear a reasonable explanation for why Te'o not talking about an embarrassing personal situation from which he never benefited financially is evidence he was in on it. Why did Deadspin feel the need to drag this kid's name through the mud? It was simply a way to make money off a college kid who was the victim of a very cruel and public prank, without any regard for the truth. They were going to make their money, regardless of the information they could find. And, like I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Deadspin only thought to investigate this after a source told them Notre Dame began their own investigation.

It could still come out that Te'o was and is lying. But right now, almost all of the evidence which has come out since the original article supports the idea that Te'o was simply an innocent, and foolish, victim. But Deadspin didn't care about any of that, all they cared was publishing a story, regardless of how it could hurt someone.

As I said, homophobic slur aside, the letter was pretty accurate.

I think you might need to go back to that source material Sly. How is a direct quote "a sorry excuse for journalism?" The suggestion that the main point put forward in the deadspin piece being that the player was definitely in on it is lunacy. The only thing that is more ridiculous is the idea that he shouldn't have to talk about something he has been blabbing about to the media all season just because it isn't good press anymore. He made this the huge story it was, not deadspin. If he didn't want privacy for a death I have a hard time thinking he is entitled to it once we find out that death isn't real. The idea that the player is nothing more than a victim astounds me. Why should I feel sorry for him when he kept making it much worse after the fact? At what point do we stop making excuses for his blatant lies?

Accurate? Deadspin is the one that found the perpetrator. How is that tabloid? How are they anti ND? Why should they die of cancer for exposing a hoax? What evidence do we have they are ******ed or romantically linked? Even if any of this is true what do their families have to do with it? Accurate my black ass.

I think you might need to go back to that source material Sly. How is a direct quote "a sorry excuse for journalism?"
How is it respectable journalism when you clearly suggest something which the majority of the evidence disputes?

The suggestion that the main point put forward in the deadspin piece being that the player was definitely in on it is lunacy.
Deadspin said:
Lennay Kekua did not attend Stanford. Lennay Kekua never visited Manti Te'o in Hawaii. Lennay Kekua was not in a car accident. Lennay Kekua did not talk to Manti Te'o every night on the telephone. She was not diagnosed with cancer, did not spend time in the hospital, did not engage in a lengthy battle with leukemia. She never had a bone marrow transplant. She was not released from the hospital on Sept. 10, nor did Brian Te'o congratulate her for this over the telephone. She did not insist that Manti Te'o play in the Michigan State or Michigan games, and did not request he send white flowers to her funeral. Her favorite color was not white. Her brother, Koa, did not inform Manti Te'o that she was dead. Koa did not exist. Her funeral did not take place in Carson, Calif., and her casket was not closed at 9 a.m. exactly. She was not laid to rest.

Lennay Kekua's last words to Manti Te'o were not "I love you."

A friend of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo told us he was "80 percent sure" that Manti Te'o was "in on it," and that the two perpetrated Lennay Kekua's death with publicity in mind. According to the friend, there were numerous photos of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and Te'o together on Tuiasosopo's now-deleted Instagram account.

The sheer quantity of falsehoods about Manti's relationship with Lennay makes that friend, and another relative of Ronaiah's, believe Te'o had to know the truth. Mostly, though, the friend simply couldn't believe that Te'o would be stupid enough—or Ronaiah Tuiasosopo clever enough—to sustain the relationship for nearly a year.
Yeah, that's not suggestive AT ALL...:rolleyes:

The only thing that is more ridiculous is the idea that he shouldn't have to talk about something he has been blabbing about to the media
You mean answering the questions which are constantly asked of him?

It's not like he's running to various media outlets to say, "Hey, let me talk about the death of my family and girlfriend". They ask the questions, he answers them. Blame the media for asking the questions if you don't like how much he's talked about it.

He made this the huge story it was, not deadspin.
:lmao:

Te'o didn't make this a huge story at all. Blame ESPN/NBC if you want for constantly blowing up the grandmother girlfriend story. All Te'o did was tell what he thought was the truth until December 6th.

If he didn't want privacy for a death I have a hard time thinking he is entitled to it once we find out that death isn't real.
He wanted privacy from embarrassment. Big difference.

The idea that the player is nothing more than a victim astounds me.
Probably because you're prone to bouts of irrationality?

Why should I feel sorry for him when he kept making it much worse after the fact?
How did trying to cover up embarrassment make it worse?

At what point do we stop making excuses for his blatant lies?
The point you realize he was simply a college kid who went through a very public and humiliating ordeal?

He didn't seem humiliated at all until he got caught. I don't see how talking about it more and more is a good way to get past it. Why have players on his own team and even the player himself suggested he played it up if this was all the big bad media?

What evidence existed at the time deadspin ran the story that the majority of contradicted what they reported? Hell, what does now? What a bunch of people with clear reasons to spin it towards the player have said?

Actually the player had been lying far longer than a month, it just wasn't to the media as much.

He didn't seem humiliated at all until he got caught.
You're basing this on what? Are you privy to the private feelings of Te'o that none of the rest of us are?

Why have players on his own team and even the player himself suggested he played it up if this was all the big bad media?
Played it up? In what way? Did he go to the media and say run a story about my grandmother and girlfriend? Did he post a Tweet asking for NBC and ESPN to ask him questions about it every time they saw him?

If NBC and ESPN/ABC didn't make it a story, it would never have been a story.

What evidence existed at the time deadspin ran the story that the majority of contradicted what they reported?
...uhh, isn't that kind of the point? Shouldn't you know that evidence before you publish something which humiliates a person and has a dramatic effect on their life and possibly their career?

Deadspin didn't care. All they cared about was making money. They victimized Te'o all over again in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Hell, what does now? What a bunch of people with clear reasons to spin it towards the player have said?
What reason does Jeremy Schaap have to spin it towards Te'o? ESPN strongly dislikes Notre Dame. Te'o provided evidence of the tweets. What reason does the girl who had her pictures stolen have for spinning it towards Te'o?

I'm not sure you've continued to follow it closely enough.

Actually the player had been lying far longer than a month, it just wasn't to the media as much.
How does what Te'o told his family have to do with anything but what exists between them?

One could argue that the Deadspin article was a great piece of journalism. Deadspin broke what was undoubtedly the biggest story of the 2012-2013 college football season and got themselves a huge amount of publicity in the process.

Of course, that would be a very pessimistic and profiteering view of journalism. It's pretty clear that Deadspin exploited the story and went for the sexy "gotcha moment" instead of going for the truth. From the stance of publicity you can't really blame them, after all what sounds more scandalous: a college football player getting duped in an online prank or a college football player making up an imaginary girlfriend then killing off said imaginary girlfriend for attention and Heisman sympathy votes? From the stance of decency, however, what they did was pretty despicable.

To say ESPN strongly dislikes Notre Dame is a stretch. I agree with pretty much everything you have said Sly, but that is a biased remark of a Notre Dame fan. How can you say they dislike ND?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back