• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bill Goldberg

Low_Ki

Former WZCW Tag Team Champion
Quoted from Wrestlezone.com:
Bill Goldberg Recap:

Bill puts over his new coffee line, Jackhammer Java, that you can check out at LegendsCupCoffee.com. Due to the fact that Bill Goldberg drinks a half a pot of coffee each day, the idea of his own coffee seemed to fit. Nick asked what made it “Jackhammery” and whether one cup of it equaled a half a pot of coffee �" Bill jokingly agreed saying that the caffeine level was the same. Also, a percentage of every sale will be donated to the “Door of Faith” orphanage.

Down to business at hand, Chris jumps into the wrestling questions by simply asking Bill whether he saw himself ever returning to a mainstream wrestling company again. “I don't foresee that ever coming to pass,” Goldberg began, “with my disdain for everything and everybody up in the WWE pretty much”. He continues by saying it's really a “philosophical difference” between him and the WWE and a “lack of vision” of TNA to bring someone like him in as the main reasons why he'll likely never be apart of those companies.

As far as TNA is specifically concerned, Bill mentions that at first he saw an effort by them to really get out there and try and compete with the WWE. Despite some differences between him and a couple of members of their creative team (later revealed to be Vince Russo), Sting was a good friend of his and he was open to talking with “Daisy”. After a quick correction and a good laugh over the name, Bill continued explaining how they made him an insulting monetary offer. “After that I totally realized that either the other guys took a lot less money than I thought they did or they undercut me”.

Chris then asked why Goldberg wouldn't take a little less from TNA to get back in the business specifically for his wrestling fans. After stating the well-known fact that he was a football player by heart and not a wrestling fan (outside of watching it a little with his grandma when he was a kid), he explained how wrestling was an “opportunity” for him when he was forced to stop playing football due to injury. Despite owing a majority of his success to the wrestling business, that's not enough for him to take a very “unreasonable offer” to go back because of his love for the business.

He added, “nor would it even come close to me going to work for a guy like Vince Russo who I absolutely despised when I worked with him in the past”. Due to the the insulting offer and Vince Russo making it that much worse, it simply wasn't enough. Bill does mention that if it were football, he would go back in a heartbeat, yet wrestling is a “total business” nowadays, it's no longer for kids, they push the envelope, and he chooses not to be apart of it. “That's my choice,” he continued, “and you and the fans and everybody else can look at me anyway they want, but until you walk in my shows and experience what I've experienced...”. Bill does mention that if it weren't for the fans, he would have not been in the wrestling business as long as he was.

Who does this guy think he is? I mean really. If someone wants to wrestle (especially someone like Goldberg who proobably has enough money to see him through retirement) then I do not think money should be the issue. If money was an issue then guys like Christian Cage and Booker T would never have gone to TNA.

As far as I am concerned, TNA, the WWE and the entire wrestling community is better off without Goldberg, so Goldberg do us all a favour, and f*** off back to football.

Quoted from Wrestlezone.com:
Bill Goldberg Recap:

Bill puts over his new coffee line, Jackhammer Java, that you can check out at LegendsCupCoffee.com. Due to the fact that Bill Goldberg drinks a half a pot of coffee each day, the idea of his own coffee seemed to fit. Nick asked what made it “Jackhammery” and whether one cup of it equaled a half a pot of coffee �" Bill jokingly agreed saying that the caffeine level was the same. Also, a percentage of every sale will be donated to the “Door of Faith” orphanage.

Down to business at hand, Chris jumps into the wrestling questions by simply asking Bill whether he saw himself ever returning to a mainstream wrestling company again. “I don't foresee that ever coming to pass,” Goldberg began, “with my disdain for everything and everybody up in the WWE pretty much”. He continues by saying it's really a “philosophical difference” between him and the WWE and a “lack of vision” of TNA to bring someone like him in as the main reasons why he'll likely never be apart of those companies.

As far as TNA is specifically concerned, Bill mentions that at first he saw an effort by them to really get out there and try and compete with the WWE. Despite some differences between him and a couple of members of their creative team (later revealed to be Vince Russo), Sting was a good friend of his and he was open to talking with “Daisy”. After a quick correction and a good laugh over the name, Bill continued explaining how they made him an insulting monetary offer. “After that I totally realized that either the other guys took a lot less money than I thought they did or they undercut me”.

Chris then asked why Goldberg wouldn't take a little less from TNA to get back in the business specifically for his wrestling fans. After stating the well-known fact that he was a football player by heart and not a wrestling fan (outside of watching it a little with his grandma when he was a kid), he explained how wrestling was an “opportunity” for him when he was forced to stop playing football due to injury. Despite owing a majority of his success to the wrestling business, that's not enough for him to take a very “unreasonable offer” to go back because of his love for the business.

He added, “nor would it even come close to me going to work for a guy like Vince Russo who I absolutely despised when I worked with him in the past”. Due to the the insulting offer and Vince Russo making it that much worse, it simply wasn't enough. Bill does mention that if it were football, he would go back in a heartbeat, yet wrestling is a “total business” nowadays, it's no longer for kids, they push the envelope, and he chooses not to be apart of it. “That's my choice,” he continued, “and you and the fans and everybody else can look at me anyway they want, but until you walk in my shows and experience what I've experienced...”. Bill does mention that if it weren't for the fans, he would have not been in the wrestling business as long as he was.

Who does this guy think he is? I mean really. If someone wants to wrestle (especially someone like Goldberg who proobably has enough money to see him through retirement) then I do not think money should be the issue. If money was an issue then guys like Christian Cage and Booker T would never have gone to TNA.

As far as I am concerned, TNA, the WWE and the entire wrestling community is better off without Goldberg, so Goldberg do us all a favour, and f*** off back to football.

The potential for him to get injured whilst wrestling is insane. Look at how many people have been injured these past 5 years. Granted, none of them have been serious (thank god), but to continue the life he does, he requires the money to do so. If he got injured, paralised or worse, would his family survive?

I would say Bill Goldberg and his family are not hurting for money. I think the TNA thing was more of an ego issue. I may be wrong, but Bill likes to think he's bigger than the business in a lot of ways. But, at least he was honest when he admitted wrestling wasn't his passion and it was just a business to him. I will admit when Goldberg was wrestling I enjoyed some of his matches, but I'm really glad he didn't go to TNA. Everyone knows he would have wanted to squash everyone. Spear, jackhammer, pin, match... Good riddance Goldberg...

i loved the fact that he was so honest...it was refreshing...just because wrestling isnt in his blood doesnt mean he didnt respect the business and the fans. he made it clear that he loved the fans and has clearly given back to the fans, especially young ones. he has been involved in things since and showed a certain level of respect for the fans and still tries to give something back
plus if he doesnt need the money then why should he have to return to a job which he doesnt feel will bring him any personal satisfaction
i would love to see goldberg return but if he doesnt then he has already done his bit and from all the reports he has given alot back to the fans and still is receptive to the fans...so its not a problem that he doesnt want to come back...hes moved on...like the rock has...doesnt mean u cant still respect what he has done and his future chances

I don't think it was the fact that it was about taking less money he probably would have i think goldberg was upset about the fact that they offered him such a low figure for his established name in the business. You can't expect the guy to return to wrestling and take dirt as pay just so the fans can watch him. I mean if they are willing to pay other guys in the company decent to good money then they should have given him the same respect. Does anyone here really believe guys like Nash,Angle,Sting and Booker T are getting lowballed in the money department hell no they are taking less but probably not what Goldberg was offered. Plus you have to respect his dislike for vince russo the guy hasn't come up with an original storyline in years he is horrible. He tried to ruin Goldberg in WCW befor the WWE bought them out can't blame the guy for not wanting to work with him again.

Bill Goldberg is the biggest joke to ever exist in pro wrestling. I don't understand how this ****** ever got over, I mean come on his in ring skills are shit and his mic skills are just as bad. I wanted to slap Vince for ever hiring this guy! I mean seriously they wasted The Rocks last singles match with Goldberg, when they could have used HBK or even sent him to Smackdown to face Brock one more time. This guy needs to stay away from wrestling! But I do have a favorite Goldberg moment, it would be the end of summerslam 2003 when Evolution destroyed his ass!

Bill Goldberg is the biggest joke to ever exist in pro wrestling. I don't understand how this ****** ever got over, I mean come on his in ring skills are shit and his mic skills are just as bad. I wanted to slap Vince for ever hiring this guy! I mean seriously they wasted The Rocks last singles match with Goldberg, when they could have used HBK or even sent him to Smackdown to face Brock one more time. This guy needs to stay away from wrestling! But I do have a favorite Goldberg moment, it would be the end of summerslam 2003 when Evolution destroyed his ass!

Because he would steamroll his opponents easily, thats why he got over. The fans were lapping him up in WCW and he had the potential to be a huge babyface on WWE programming. Thats why they "wasted" the Rocks last match as a single (he even volunteered for the duty, he wanted out to pursue movies, he saw Goldberg as the ideal candidate to take over from him). Its just a shame the matches he had afterwards with Triple H were garbage

Goldberg was the king of the squash match. That was his thing and he was good at it. He was not meant to wrestle in long drawn out matches it took away from his gimmick and character. I am not saying goldberg was a good wrestler but he got big by squashing guys in a somewhat impressive fashion. He was certainly a physical presense in the ring has to this day the best spear in Pro wrestling. He wasn't my favorite guy but he was fun to watch when he was crushing people left and right. You had to take him for what he was worth. Not a good pro wrestler but the best squash artist in the business.

Both Bill Goldberg and The Ultimate Warrior should come together and form a tag team because they both are delusional. Bill Goldberg owes anything and everything that he has to wrestling. Without wrestling, noone would remember or even care who Goldberg was. He wouldn't even be good enough to go be a stuntman for Brian Bosworth.

I have never seen a more ungrateful man. He thinks that wrestling revolves around him and the 6 second matches that he used to have. WCW built him to a legend in his own mind and WWE exposed him for the lackluster superstar that he should have realized he was long ago.

Not saying that they man should risk it all to go and prove himself, but he more than likely should stop having as much disdain as he has for the sport and just shut up. And that's my two cents on the whole thing.

Bill Goldberg is the biggest joke to ever exist in pro wrestling. I don't understand how this ****** ever got over

You are absolutely right.Bill Goldberg was never a good wrestler IMO the only thing he did was squash other jobbers.He thinks he can call himself a wrestler.Bill was and is a football player.The only reason why mcmahon hired this ''******'' was because of his popularity in wcw.Sometimes he bashes wwe and tna because he feels that wrestling today is ''lame'' and that it was all so whoop-dey-doo perfect in wcw.What bill has to acknowledge that he didn't became famous for his football career but his squashing jobbers role in pro wrestling.I cant understand why people like him so much he has no great wrestling skills he can't talk on the mic and most of all he is boring.Conclusion: BG is a terrible entertainer bitter man and way overrated.

Actually in the interview Bill said he doesn't even really consider himself a pro wrestler, he considers himself a football player at heart.

I think that Mr. Goldberg needs to take a look at his bank account, his house, the clothes on his back, and the cars that he drives and remember where the checks came from that paid for all of that. I could see if Goldberg even had a fraction of the football fame that Kevin Greene had, but it's hard to even think that his name would ever be synonymous with football in any category other than early retirements.

Goldberg should lean over, pucker up, and pay full lip placed homage to wrestling for everything that it did to make him even a remotely marketable entity on this planet. Anything less and it would be like spitting in the face of his maker. Plain and simple.

I dont think that Goldberg owes anything to wrestling. Sure thats where he got his fame and money but that doesnt mean he has to risk his health for a little money in TNA. Goldberg can do whatever he wants.
Goldberg was the true king of the squash match and i was a fan of it. my whole family always watched the goldberg matches

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back