• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bigger Heat: The Miz or Micheal Cole?

TheAbsolute1

Fuck Rep
I got in a bit of an argument with someone the other day who was hell bent on explaining to me that Micheal Cole is a bigger heel than The Miz. I of course denied it with every fiber of my being and explained how Cole simply talks trash to play his heel role in oppose to The Miz who talks trash but also uses his actions to further go his heel persona. So they went on to explain the following:

cole walks out on nxt, when r-truth comes out he seems like he has issues with him as well so its not just bryan he acts like a heel towards .. miz might be a heel but ppl are cheering for him, cena a face ppl boo him soo that part doesnt matter, the switch a roo could be done sooo eazy

So i came back with the following:

Cole TALKS, Miz DOES. Yea Cole walked out on NXT, The Miz walked out on the WWE Pro's team vs. Nexus on NXT(Someone tried correcting me on this but i explained how The Nexus appeared on NXT Season 2 where the main event would be a Battle Royal in which The Miz ran out on his "allies"). Cole gets annoyed and thrashes R-Truth. The Miz attacked and INJURED the fan favorite R-Truth. Again, Cole Thrashes on Bryan, The Miz just DESTROYED Daniel Bryan on Monday. YOUR POINT IS?!

So the point of me posting this thread was to get some insight. So the question to be answered is, does the majority(The marks who actually boo the heels and cheer the faces) give bigger heat to Micheal Cole or The Miz?

Miz gets such high heel heat for being amazing on the stick, working the crowd by insulting the local city and their sports teams (an technique that has more or less completely fizzled out amongst the heels these days, despite it's 100% success rate for drawing heat), and by cheating in the ring.

Michael Cole gets heat for being Grade A shit as a commentator. Cole has been getting booed relentlessly for years now, way before Miz was even part of the WWE. I've been to several shows where the announcers come out and Cole was booed solid the entire time he was walking down the aisle, up until say The King or Striker came out, and King would get cheered and Striker would also get booed (because he's the closest thing they seem to have to a heel commentator, since he actually hypes the talents of all the heels and not just one).

This whole situation with Cole and Miz just seems to be so ridiculous. Ever since winning MiTB, Cole's had his tongue firmly up Miz's ass and would probably need to have it surgically removed at this point.

Now, i'm guessing it's because that reportedly, Miz has earned this push for being such a proactive person for the company outside the ring as well as inside. The only other guy to get such praise is John Cena..... yet Cena gets booed everywhere he goes despite being face.

I think they're really trying to drive it home to all the fans that Miz IS the future and are trying to convince us to invest our interest in him for the future, in order to avoid making a brand new ME superstar that's going to get booed regardless of whether he's a heel or face, much like Cena gets treated in the hear and now.

The problem is, loads of people loved Miz before all this. Like him or hate him, people were still paying attention. There's no need to have the least popular commentator become such a hypocritical assbandit each and every time the guy appears on screen. There's definitely no need for him to be insulting the faces that he wrestles either, because it simply furthers his hypocrisy. I mean, is he always going to slag off R-Truth now? Safe to say he won't. But what he will do, is further increase the amount of hatred that is directed at him on a weekly basis.

He walked off NXT? Well tbh, what the fuck is going on with NXT anyway? Everyone, including actual WWE employees are slagging the show off, left, right and centre. I've never even sat down and watched it, but now that i think Michael Cole won't be on next week, i might just check it out.

Miz imo, gets heat for being an all round good heel. Cole gets the same kind of heat Vickie G gets. The fans are simply sick to their stomachs of having to see/listen to them on their TVs every week.

Some people argue it's great heat that they get so easily that they must be amazing heels. These two don't make me want to hate them, they make me want to change the channel and then change back when i assume their segment is over.

Fans don't boo the GM Laptop, they boo having to hear Michael Cole talk.

So from my perspective, Cole gets the most heat, but for a completely different reason than the Miz. Miz gets heel heat for being a heel, Cole gets heel heat for being shit and always has done.

Miz gets more heat because he runs his mouth and angers the fans with his mouth, plus he's a good heel wrestler, the fans who dont like him for who he is are too young to understand about wrestling being fake, but older fans who know wrestling like The Miz because his mic work is only behind Jericho and CM Punk. Michael Cole however was hated since he replaced JR, he's been booed since that time. As a face, his announcing is very lame, as a heel he's improving because his character of a whiner and crybaby is great, but as a face he's just dull and everyone enjoys watching him get beaten up. Miz gets great heel heat, Cole (at first) got heat when he wasnt trying to get it, now he's getting better, BUT i dont think it's enough heat to make him a heel GM because we've seen an announcer as a GM and i dont think it's a big announcement to name him GM, if he is the GM, many fans will be disappointed, including me because i want him to turn full heel and bash Cena with King bashing Cole.

I think at this point, Cole is getting bigger heat. A lot of folks are jumping on the Miz bandwagon, so he's gaining a lot of heat as a heel, but he's slowly starting to become that cool heel that some people will cheer for no matter what he does or says. Cole on the other hand, has always had huge heat because people seem to genuinely not like him because they hate his commentary style, or because he replaced JR(which to me is just silly). Now he's gaining even more heat because of this slow gradual turn toward a heel commentator which is resulting in even MORE heat on him. In my opinion, I don't think it will be long(relatively speaking) before Miz gets the face treatment, and Cole is obviously being groomed to take the heel commentary role. This trend makes me lean more toward Cole being the bigger heat gainer.

Definitely Cole. I agree with jackhammer_27. The heel who everyone likes no matter what he does. He even said his idol is The Rock, and it seems to me he's slowly starting to become a Rock-like character. I think Cole will soon go back to his regular face character as it was sort of the same situation with J.R.

Michael Cole in my opinion is getting bigger heat than The Miz.
And the reason I say this is because I ABSOLUTELY HATE MICHAEL COLE!
I hate the way that Michael Cole talks down on everybody (R-Truth, Daniel Bryan, and the WWE NXT Divas). I hate the way he kisses the asses of The Miz and Vickie Guerrero. And I know that it's his role to be the heel commentators, but he just crosses the line for me from, "Yeah, he's an AWESOME heel commentator" to, "PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP! I'M MUTING MY TV JUST SO I CANNOT HEAR YOUR MOUTH!"

The Miz on the other hand I like, but if I had to say anything it would be I am sick of all of these Miz fans who thinks he's the greatest thing since Sliced Bread! Yeah, The Miz knows the right buttons to push, he can get some heat from the fans, but this is my point exactly. It's not The Miz that I am annoyed at I like The Miz I think he has a bright future ahead of him, but it's more of these fans that get on my last nerve! "He maybe awesome, but he is nowhere near ready!"

That is why I think in my opinion that Michael Cole does a better job at getting heat than The Miz. The fans HATE Michael Cole! And he does a excellent job at making the fans hate him (read my first paragraph). But I like The Miz and he hasn't exactly gave me a reason yet to hate him as much as I do Michael Cole. While we get to see The Miz do a segment and possibly a match we have to deal with Michael Cole for two hours on Monday Night RAW and then and hour on WWE NXT. So while we get some relief from Miz's heat and only see him on Monday Night's we cannot do the same for Michael Cole.

For some odd reason, I actually found myself picking Michael Cole getting more heat than the Miz. But now that I think about it, I'm not wrong for thinking it.

A heel's role is to make you hate them. If you don't hate a heel, quite frankly, they shouldn't be considered a heel. We have had many of these same types of situations in the past. The first that comes to mind, is the most recent one. Randy Orton. Randy Orton was a heel originally. However, more people started cheering him rather than booing him---Thus, making him a tweener and ultimately a face. Other great examples can be (like mentioned before me) The Rock and Stone Cold, orignally heels, but ultimately tweeners than faces.

The point I am driving at is that the Miz isn't really a heel in the big picture because many people actually like him. Like I said, a heels job is to make you hate him, but if you don't, then he isn't doing a very good job as a heel. I am not saying we should consider Miz as a tweener; nor am I saying he sucks as a heel. No. I am merely saying more people actually like the Miz rather than hate him.

Michael Cole, on the other hand, a lot of people hate him. There aren't that many people that actually like him (I do but that is besides the point). Michael Cole generates heat for practically everything he does; everything he says gets rather annoying hence all the boo's. The fact that most cannot stand Cole makes him a greater heel because, well, he is doing his job---getting you to boo him.

Miz is a great heel, no doubt about it, but that's the problem. More people actually like the Miz rather than actually hate him. Therefore, I know it is safe to say that the one that generates the greater heat has to be Michael Cole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back