• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Show? Why?

George Steele's Barber

Advertise Here $9.95/month
I've read a lot of complaints about Show winning last night but I haven't heard many complaints about Rowan losing.

That kind of explains to me why Show won. People don't care about Rowan. He was frequently seen as the weak link in the Wyatts. People were surprised when he ended up on Team Cena if not disappointed.

So it sounds to me that Show may move in to a mini something with Reigns. Rowan is probably moving in to something with Fandango or someone Fandango-like. Isn't it better in WWE's eyes to save some of Show for someone who is going in to The Rumble as a possible favorite rather than the guy in the plastic goat mask?

Then again, they may be dragging this Show/Rowan feud out longer. What do you think people that actually watched TLC?

People were actually intrigued about Eric Rowan and if anything he's a newcomer who's been good enough to help The Wyatt Family be awesome inside the ring. He wasn't even be given a chance, he was put aside and I thought he did more than his share inside the ring yesterday. Granted, the match was dull, but what were we supposed to expect? It's not like Big Show is this fantastic wrestler (or Eric Rowan for that matter), so you combine them and you have a lot of walking, slow walking and it's boring - however the action parts were pretty exciting.

Roman Reigns doesn't need to beat The Big Show, so that excuse is flawed. Reigns should focus on the Royal Rumble and in guys like Rusev or Ryback, who are being pushed and seemingly are some key figures for the Rumble Match. Also, Reigns should be working with Seth Rollins, at least to get better inside the ring and get ready for Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

Big Show winning cut all the momentum that Rowan could have been gaining. It's Brodus Clay all over again and Show does not need any freaking win on PPV at this point in his career, and that statement should be true especially against newcomer stars who are actually intriguing.

I like Rowan. I recently watched Shield vs Wyatts though and the closest thing to a weak link in that was Ambrose. With his size as well he could be pushed as a Rumble favourite, oh well we wait and see.

I think the whole thing depends on how Rowan is booked tonight. If he's booked strong against somebody else, then it really isn't a big deal that Show won.

Rowan was never going to win that match. He got DESTROYED and beaten for a reason. It was all to make the Big Show look "stronger than ever" when he enters into this program with Reigns... Or at least that's what I'm assuming. If Show isn't booked for an upcoming feud with Reigns than I have no clue why Rowan was booked as he was.

Honestly, I don't think WWE cares at all about pushing Erik Rowan. I think Rowan will be around for a while, but he will mainly compete as a mid level enhancement talent. I REALLY don't see Rowan ever competing for the WWE title.

At this moment, Rowan is just another big guy. He was more relevant when he was in the family. Luke Harper however, could be great as singles.

TBH, I don't feel hard done either way on that one. Not a bad match though.

Big Show needed to be booked strong? Is that how shit he is?

Basically, yes. He was booked like shit before SS and if he loses to Rowan, who the fuck cares if Reigns beats the Big Show?

The point is the WWE does not care about Rowan. He was not somebody they were looking to push to the main event and he was used strictly as a way to make Show look remotely strong as a threat to Reigns. To us, this is WWE pushing a broken down vet over a fresh young face. To the WWE, they were building Rowan up JUST for that loss. So, Show looks strong and Reigns looks stronger when he beats Show... get it?

The fact that Big Show, Mark Henry or Kane are acting as a top heel for the WWE going into 2015 is mad. These guys are barely holding their own in the ring, and they're certainly not elevating their opposition considering how often they're getting put over. There's certainly a place and a time for the veterans to get their comeuppance or respect, but there's also a time to push some new guys into the mid-card properly, if only for a time.

When your top three heels are Paul Heyman, the Authority and Brock Lesnar, you know you're in trouble.

Basically, yes. He was booked like shit before SS and if he loses to Rowan, who the fuck cares if Reigns beats the Big Show?

The point is the WWE does not care about Rowan. He was not somebody they were looking to push to the main event and he was used strictly as a way to make Show look remotely strong as a threat to Reigns. To us, this is WWE pushing a broken down vet over a fresh young face. To the WWE, they were building Rowan up JUST for that loss. So, Show looks strong and Reigns looks stronger when he beats Show... get it?

It's not that we don't get it. It's that we don't want Show vs Reigns.

It's not that we don't get it. It's that we don't want Show vs Reigns.

I was specifically talking to Killjoy. Believe me I don't want Show vs Reigns either but you can get why the match with Rowan went down as it did, if WWE is indeed setting up a Show/Reigns feud. All I was saying.

I was specifically talking to Killjoy. Believe me I don't want Show vs Reigns either but you can get why the match with Rowan went down as it did, if WWE is indeed setting up a Show/Reigns feud. All I was saying.
You don't need Show beating a guy in a match with an awkward object to set up a normal match with a different guy.

You know how Big Show pinned down Rowan with the stairs for the win? Don't you think that would've been brilliant if the guy that was billed as a genius did it? You know.... LOGIC? It's not Show being dominated. It would've been him being outsmarted. By a smart person.

I can see why people are upset but it doesn't really matter a lot to be honest. Rowan has a lot of time ahead of him and in 6 months time, no one is going to remember this feud. Big Show vs Reigns is probably what WWE is going for at the moment and Show needs to look strong for that so that Reigns gets to beat someone strong.

Rowan's good but he doesn't really matter as much as Reigns at present.

Rowan has been getting built as a singles star "(and a face) for a little over a month, its not like he's had a ton of time to get people to care about him, at least for the long run. Given that I think it would be a good idea for Big Show to put him over to start giving people reasons to care (outside of his genius deal he has got going for him right now). It's not like a win over Show would get him over with the fans that much as fans don't care much about Show anymore but its a step in the right direction.

The reason why I've heard more about Show than Rowan from this match is because they are dumbfounded that Big Show is so protected these days, to a lot of people it just doesn't make a lot of sense and on that front I agree. It seems less about "Why did Big Show win?" and more about "Why has Big Show been protected when there's no reason to protect him?". To myself, it seems odd to protect a 20 year veteran like Big Show over young guys that need to get established so the people can eventually (hopefully) care about them.

With all that said if they are building Big Show for something coming up then there should be no problem (although I highly doubt it), if they don't plan on keeping Rowan around long (which I also doubt) then no problem, if Rowan's role on the roster is to be the jobber giant now that Khali is gone then no problem but if none of these scenarios are accurate then it seems like there is no good reason (at least that I can see) for Rowan to lose to Big Show.

All in all though, I like Rowan but he's not someone I'm gonna get mad at because he's not getting pushed. WWE have plenty of big men more suited for a push, WWE have plenty of superstars that need to be built above Rowan so if he has to wait a year before he starts getting his push then so be it.

Back in the day, I think Show hated going down because he thought it made him look weak. Now I think he's just lazy.

I think it's also a case of "the bigger they are, the harder they fall". He's not a spring chicken and he's still the biggest dude in the biggest pro wrestling promotion in the world. Giants just don't age as well as normal people, all the wear and tear is so much more.

All of that works out fine, as long as Big Show hits the floor at least once from a Superman punch, that no-selling sack of garbage.

Apparently there's some heat between the two. Don't count on Show selling that SMP. He did say, "You punch like a bitch"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back