Big E/Rusev feud

LBGetBack

Championship Contender
Big E hasn't done much in months. Looks like he's going to be feuding with Rusev next. I love a good midcard feud.

BigE already talking about Rusev on twitter last week, as he tweeted "I bet Rusev hates hip hop and cornbread."

Just what is Big E insinuating with that comment? Truth, Woods, Kofi, now Big E. Have to assume Rusev will win, as he will be booked as an unstoppable guy for awhile, it seems.

Will Mark Henry be in Rusev's future?

Why'd you immediately jump to Mark Henry? What about the Big Show? He's big and American, isn't he? Why not Jack Swagger? I'm just not sure what you're trying to imply.

Why'd you immediately jump to Mark Henry? What about the Big Show? He's big and American, isn't he? Why not Jack Swagger? I'm just not sure what you're trying to imply.

Why did Big E say "Rusev probably hates hip hop and cornbread"?

Why not "heavy metal and mayonnaise"? That's music and food right? I'm just not sure what Big E is trying to imply.

Why did Big E say "Rusev probably hates hip hop and cornbread"?

Why not "heavy metal and mayonnaise"? That's music and food right? I'm just not sure what Big E is trying to imply.

Repeating my phrasing doesn't answer the question. What are YOU trying to imply? Cornbread is a signature piece of American cuisine, just as hip hop is emblematic of American culture. Conversely, mayonnaise dates back to before America was even a country while heavy metal is a musical genre with shared contributions amongst many international influences.

You could have better dodged the matter with something less insipid such as: "why not apple pie and rock 'n roll?"

So, please elaborate further on the original point you were attempting to make.

Repeating my phrasing doesn't answer the question. What are YOU trying to imply? Cornbread is a signature piece of American cuisine, just as hip hop is emblematic of American culture. Conversely, mayonnaise dates back to before America was even a country while heavy metal is a musical genre with shared contributions amongst many international influences.

You could have better dodged the matter with something less insipid such as: "why not apple pie and rock 'n roll?"

So, please elaborate further on the original point you were attempting to make.

No. Nothing to elaborate on at this point. Thought Big E's quote was interesting, so I included it.

I said "heavy metal and mayonnaise" for a reason, don't tell me what I could've said instead.

I assume you'll be hitting up Big E on twitter asking him to elaborate too, right?

If Big E gets beat by Rusev, then it's official: Vinnie Mac is racist. Think about it. R-truth, Xavier Woods, he beat Kofi a couple of weeks ago, now Big E is stepping up? If it's Mark Henry next then there's no denying it.

First, Big E needs to learn how to perform a successful rescue without getting his ass handed to him in the process. I about died after he stormed the ring only to taste the bottom of Rusev's foot. Still, Big E versus Rusev has potential to be a good, hard-hitting match, with Rusev having to break a sweat for a change.

Oh, and Big E is obviously trying to suggest that Rusev hates black people, which is rather stupid considering that Rusev doesn't choose the opponents he crushes, the GM/Authority does.

It's possible that Henry will be fed to him next, but I predict his eventual destination will be Sheamus. He's also unstoppable and happens to be US champ, representing the country Rusev and Lana, especially, despise. I'd be very surprised if this didn't happen.

If Big E gets beat by Rusev, then it's official: Vinnie Mac is racist. Think about it. R-truth, Xavier Woods, he beat Kofi a couple of weeks ago, now Big E is stepping up? If it's Mark Henry next then there's no denying it.

Yup, the same guy that made Big E a champion and have him beat a bunch of white dudes before getting owned by a foreigner is all about that white power. Makes sense to me.

Whether this develops into a racial thing or not, I think this is a good feud for Big E to get some momentum back.

I didn't anticipate Rusev and Lana to be touching upon political stuff, especially this early in their time on the main roster, and it's certainly pushed a few buttons in people. Big E's interference on Raw was met by a huge pop, a pop I've never heard him get before. I'm sure most superstars would get a similar type of pop considering the circumstances, but it was a pop nevertheless.

Big E the American hero? It can work.

Woof! Twitter just brings out the absolute worst in us sometimes.

I decided a long time ago that Twitter is dead to me and any commentary made on Twitter is worth as much regard as the messages one might find scratched into the paint of a public toilet. People leave stupid shit on Twitter because it's a software that encourages impulsive thoughts to be blasted to the consciousness of public opinion, the odds are not in the favor of your average Twitter user that they'll actually post something insightful. I'm sure that Big E was playing on the idea that Rusev is some brainwashed Russian convert who can't possibly break character to have a little fun every once in a while.

I liked the pop that Big E got that night, I wished that he could have gotten maybe a move or two in during that exchange. Obviously Rusev's kick is being marketed as something fierce. Hopefully the way they book this match is influenced positively in terms of how the crowd has warmed up to Big E, working a program with Hacksaw would be an awesome way to market him.

Yup, the same guy that made Big E a champion and have him beat a bunch of white dudes before getting owned by a foreigner is all about that white power. Makes sense to me

Yes, that guy. How many black people has he had as World champion in the past decade? What colour was the former World champion in WCW he brought in and put in a nerf foam helmet? That guy, who didn't really give Big E a chance to make the IC title relevant.

Hmmmm......so Big E insinuates that Rusev doesn't like black people.

Woods hints that a Nation of Domination type of group might need to be formed to take care of Rusev.

But when I make a post suggesting that Rusev's character is targeting black wrestlers, as that is who he has mainly wrestled so far......I'm attacked, cursed out, and a moderator moves my post to the "trash forum".

Looking more and more like I was RIGHT. Whatever moderator moved my post.....have an apology on my desk by Monday, and we'll let this slide.

Woods hints that a Nation of Domination type of group might need to be formed to take care of Rusev.

But when I make a post suggesting that Rusev's character is targeting black wrestlers, as that is who he has mainly wrestled so far......I'm attacked, cursed out, and a moderator moves my post to the "trash forum".

Looking more and more like I was RIGHT. Whatever moderator moved my post.....have an apology on my desk by Monday, and we'll let this slide.

Hi!

You didn't make a thread talking about it, you made a thread pussyfooting around the idea and wouldn't say what you thought Big E was implying. And the idea that Rusev is targeting Black guys is a little redundant, seeing as Rusev himself does not make the matches. By your standard you could argue that black guys are unsuccessfully targeting Rusev and Lana because they don't like Russians etc. It was Big E that came to attack him right?

Anyway, while I don't think the trend is peculiar in itself, I do find the tweets to be extremely interesting. Superstars' tweets are generally heavily monitered, if not semi-scripted. Further to that point, lets not forgot what Lana and Rusev tweeted themselves...

bgfff2gcuaavpus-1-jpg-large.jpeg

Rusev and Lana are Clippers fans. The team whose owner is embriled is something very salty. And lets not forget...
screen-shot-2014-05-07-at-10-29-40-am.png

Sterling is a big Putin fan.

Anyway, I wouldn't drive this too far. For Rusev, or Lana, to be out-and-out racist would obviously cause some major trouble, even with the good guys getting the better of them in the end. Perhaps this is both timely an subtle, which I never thought I would say about a WWE storyline. I doubt it though.

As for Mark Henry... What's he at these days? If they want Rusev to look great, going over Henry would do it. He's a dominating presence and always counts as a legit win. I say go for it. Putting him back in a new nation would be a shame though.

Hi!

You didn't make a thread talking about it, you made a thread pussyfooting around the idea and wouldn't say what you thought Big E was implying. And the idea that Rusev is targeting Black guys is a little redundant, seeing as Rusev himself does not make the matches. By your standard you could argue that black guys are unsuccessfully targeting Rusev and Lana because they don't like Russians etc. It was Big E that came to attack him right?

Anyway, while I don't think the trend is peculiar in itself, I do find the tweets to be extremely interesting. Superstars' tweets are generally heavily monitered, if not semi-scripted. Further to that point, lets not forgot what Lana and Rusev tweeted themselves...

bgfff2gcuaavpus-1-jpg-large.jpeg

Rusev and Lana are Clippers fans. The team whose owner is embriled is something very salty. And lets not forget...
screen-shot-2014-05-07-at-10-29-40-am.png

Sterling is a big Putin fan.

Anyway, I wouldn't drive this too far. For Rusev, or Lana, to be out-and-out racist would obviously cause some major trouble, even with the good guys getting the better of them in the end. Perhaps this is both timely an subtle, which I never thought I would say about a WWE storyline. I doubt it though.

As for Mark Henry... What's he at these days? If they want Rusev to look great, going over Henry would do it. He's a dominating presence and always counts as a legit win. I say go for it. Putting him back in a new nation would be a shame though.

Hi! Please go check out the "Trash" forum. That's where they moved my post. I made that same Clippers point in there.

I thought maybe they got offended and deleted my post, that's why I "pussyfooted" in this one.....hoping it would at least stay on the forum. No rhyme or reason for my post being moved to "trash". A few posters cursed me out and cried about my post too. I hope they all feel embarrassed now.

Again....whoever moved my post and came at me: written apology on my desk by Monday. Otherwise, I'm clowning y'all throughout this angle!

Well, if you were being attacked and cursed out, as you say, and there was no intelligent discussion being presented by other posters, then that would explain why it was moved to the Trash. A thread that devolves into a spam-fest (like this one looked like it was going to do at first) generally doesn't last long. It actually probably had very little to do with your original post (although I can't be bothered to go find it, so it might very well have been utter crap) and more to do with the uselessness of the replies it generated.

As for the targeting of Black wrestlers by the Bulgarian who represents a Russia that is currently under all kinds of fire for discriminatory actions...yeah, makes sense. The only way they could have made it more obvious would have been to have him start off against Darren Young instead of Woods/Truth.

Why do all you people keep saying. " Well... a black guy hasn't been champion in a while "
Ok, so IWGP hasn't had a black guy as a WHC since 2004, Bob Sapp. And that was over 10 years ago. Thats fucking RACIST! Most of them are ASIAN! Did you know that. Wow....a country that is majority Asian has most asian champions. And What a shock it would be, where in a country where there are more white people......that more white guys are gonna be champs. Its nothing to do with race but just every day life.
You can't say Vince is racist because he only lets white guys win. You know its kinda racist to group all white people together. You have Samoans, Canadians, Irishmen and I'm sure there are others who are "white". Don't be so quick to call people racist these days. There are less black men in the world of pro wresting. That doesn't mean just because they are black they should get to the top. Thats fucked up. Why not an Asian guy, why not Mexican.
The fact is, when arguing about race you can always come up with some stupid excuse as to why you are right. This is my argument, and I'm sure someone will have their. But in the end its opinion.
Just like the case with DB, who gives a crap about what they look like. JBL is right, he looks like a freaking troll with that hair and beard. But I like his in ring work and that why I cheer for him. So if you want someone to succeed in wrestling, its not all about the booking. If you can't relate to the fans you are not gonna make it. Look at Ryback, pushed as a monster but no one cared. Just cheer for the wrestler who is doing a good job and not what he looks like. And you will find the world of wrestling will be very diverse.

Sorry for cussing, I don't mean to offend anyone. Just typing out loud.

Why do all you people keep saying. " Well... a black guy hasn't been champion in a while "
Ok, so IWGP hasn't had a black guy as a WHC since 2004, Bob Sapp. And that was over 10 years ago. Thats fucking RACIST! Most of them are ASIAN! Did you know that. Wow....a country that is majority Asian has most asian champions. And What a shock it would be, where in a country where there are more white people......that more white guys are gonna be champs. Its nothing to do with race but just every day life.
You can't say Vince is racist because he only lets white guys win. You know its kinda racist to group all white people together. You have Samoans, Canadians, Irishmen and I'm sure there are others who are "white". Don't be so quick to call people racist these days. There are less black men in the world of pro wresting. That doesn't mean just because they are black they should get to the top. Thats fucked up. Why not an Asian guy, why not Mexican.
The fact is, when arguing about race you can always come up with some stupid excuse as to why you are right. This is my argument, and I'm sure someone will have their. But in the end its opinion.
Just like the case with DB, who gives a crap about what they look like. JBL is right, he looks like a freaking troll with that hair and beard. But I like his in ring work and that why I cheer for him. So if you want someone to succeed in wrestling, its not all about the booking. If you can't relate to the fans you are not gonna make it. Look at Ryback, pushed as a monster but no one cared. Just cheer for the wrestler who is doing a good job and not what he looks like. And you will find the world of wrestling will be very diverse.

Sorry for cussing, I don't mean to offend anyone. Just typing out loud.

Traditionally, they haven't known how to push black guys though. How the hell are you going to get over with the fans in a real way when you're being booked as a complete stereotype/caricature of some aspect of "black" as Vince sees it?

From Kamala to Virgil to Cryme Tyme to Shelton's Momma......yeah, Vince clearly doesn't get black people. So he should stop trying. Just push them as wrestlers.

Don't even get me going on how they cooled off Shelton. He was on fire in 2004 and 2005, then they make him go on a losing streak(and make a storyline of it) so he can go heel and.......bring in his big, fat, loud, black momma? The fuck???? Shelton as a talented, amazingly athletic wrestling machine wasn't working? He was very over on Raw in 2004-05. He was always in the top 3 most popular faces on the show in those years. I mean, he generally got more cheers than Chris Jericho in their face vs. face matches. It was working fine. Keep going. Let him be a more athletic Chris Benoit. A wrestling machine whose insane ability is what gets him over. It was working until they made him lose every match for 6 months. Fans won't stick behind guys who never win.

I don't think Vince is intentionally racist. It's just that he's an old white guy who grew up in a far different time in this country, who really knows little about black people beyond the old stereotypes. I don't think he's actively trying to NOT push black wrestlers. I don't think he has some grand plan to keep them down. He'll push whoever he thinks will make the most money. I just think he's clueless on how to do it, and tries to do too much. It shouldn't be that hard. It's the same with any other race,.....just don't turn them into f'in buffoons and let them be them, and the naturally charismatic and talented guys will shine. Vince can't seem to just push a wrestler who is black for who he is. He ALWAYS has to invoke some aspect of "blackness" into the character, like it's some special attraction or something.

His cluelessness is not limited to black people. He had The Mexicools riding on lawnmowers to the ring. SMH.

Big E sucks. All his smart talking and witty remarks come from behind the computer, and not in the ring. Maybe if they officially bring in the Internet Championship, he can have a reign with it. Until then, I hope Rusev kicks him all over the place with is awkward super-athlete moves.

Big E sucks. All his smart talking and witty remarks come from behind the computer, and not in the ring. Maybe if they officially bring in the Internet Championship, he can have a reign with it. Until then, I hope Rusev kicks him all over the place with is awkward super-athlete moves.

Big E has had VERY limited chances to even talk, so there really is little to go on in that regard. And that's not limited to Big E, almost all of the newer younger guys have had few chances on the mic. Seriously.....who is good on the mic in WWE that's not old? Bray Wyatt? That's all I can think of.

Frankly, WWE is going to have a difficult time getting new workers that have strong mic skills.....all of their new talent comes up through NXT. All the promos are heavily scripted. How are these guys supposed to come into their own on the mic?

You're not going to see new, young guys coming in with TONS of experience like back in the day....guys who have gotten in numerous reps on the mic over the years, in different companies all around the world.

And you're also not going to get The Rock's and Austin's who come into their own when they're allowed to let loose. It's too scripted for that to happen.

Are you people forgetting that THE ROCK is technically black? Roman Reigns "the future of the WWE" is considered black as well... This has nothing to do with Vinny Mac being racist, it's the fact that there are very few black wrestlers on the roster. Woods, Truth, Mark Henry, Big E, Reigns, Usos, Kingston, and Titus make up less than 20% of the roster and many of those guys have had good to decent runs. Henry is a multiple time World Champion, Big E was former IC champion, Usos are tag champs, Kingston is a multiple time midcard champ who the WWE has TRIED to push more than once, and so on.

As for people complaining that Rusev is being used to bury all the black talent on the WWE roster... Can you really not see that this is exactly what WWE is trying to insinuate without coming out and actually saying it? Why do you think Big E. and Woods are basically being allowed to call Rusev a racist on twitter? Why do you think Rusev and Lana are posting pictures of themselves in Clippers jerseys at this point in time? Rusev will run through Big E and eventually be challenged by Mark Henry who will basically say something like "You got a problem with people like me, I got a problem with that..." or something or other, which will eventually lead to Rusev's "breakout" feud (IMO of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back